Is AAA a good choice?

jimmiej

I invented the Naked Segway Tour
I had considered joining Disney Club, but after reading opinions lately, I'm wondering if AAA might be a better way to save $ on our next trip(June 2002). Would it be worth it for me to join? Will I save a significant amount? Anybody have an opinion?

If you buy your tickets there you will save a little. But AAA will offer you discounts on other things, local theme parks and events, and the road service is good.

I am a member of both. With Disney, I couldn't use their discounts for the rooms because they were all booked. I love the Disney club card, i use it all the time at the DS and as an entertainment card. It paid for itself in less than 2 months.

DISNEY CLUB HAS A BIG DISCOUNT OFF AAA ENOUGH TO PAY FOR THE DC CARD

If you get it, do it for the road service. They offer some discounts on theme park passes (I am not sure they do on Disney's, though). But if you get the membership to book a trip, just remember that you'll still pay a commision to the travel agents. In fact, you don't need their membership to use the travel agency services. That is offered to everyone.

They offer other good benefits like free Travelers Cheques, a site to renew your driver's license, free road maps, travel books and they'll trace the shortest routes for you. You can even request travel materials online.

Wanda

I have been an AAA member since I got my first car (thanks mom & dad!) and I wouldn't be without it. I've used them for towing, jump starts, maps, tour books, discounted disney tickets, discounted hotel rooms, and probably other stuff that I can't think of :) Oh, movie tickets and dry cleaning!

I have DC too, and it got us a discount on our annual passes. I don't think there is any other AP discount available. Origianlly I had the DC discount for my rooms but got a better rate later on. The DC rate was the same as AAA. I've saved about $10 at the disney store this year. I don't shop there often but they had some great sales recently! We plan to use it in WDW for discounts at swan/dolphin restaurants and the rain forest cafe.

Oh, and the Disney club rate at national car rental was the cheapest I could find by far! We have $207 for a full size car for 11 days.

Definitely go with AAA and think about DC.

Originally posted by tink2dw
DISNEY CLUB HAS A BIG DISCOUNT OFF AAA ENOUGH TO PAY FOR THE DC CARD

Could you please elaborate on this? What type of discount? I would like to join both, but have had some unplanned expenses lately and haven't wanted to part witht he $45 for AAA and $30 for DC. I know it's only $75, but I am trying to pay off some bills and never seem to feel like it's a good time to spend $75 on discount clubs.

This is from the Disney Club website

Members of The Disney Club can join AAA and
save!

Through this special offer, members of The Disney Club pay no
enrollment fee to join AAA and save 10% off the first year AAA
membership dues! Call 1-800-422-2023 to take advantage of this
offer or for more information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter