Is anyone certified to scuba dive? If so, I have a question for you....

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
I was wondering if it would be worth it to get certified for scuba diving. My soon-to-be DH really wants to go scuba diving when we are down there, wether it be in WDW, Sea World, or otherwise. Do you think it would be worth it???

Joline:bounce: :bounce:

Do you mean to get certified before you go down there? or to take one of the quickie courses down there just so you can go once while you are there? If you plan to do it often, then start taking the classes now. It is really a fun sport, especially if the two of you do it together. If you just want to do it once/twice, then don't waste the time and money on getting certified. There are alot of vacation type places that will give you some quick classes and then take you diving for the one time adventure.
Just a note, my brother and I both were certified before we got married. We used to go diving alot. When each of us got married, our significant others were not certified. Now, we barely dive at all.

My DH is also a diver (I'm not certified myself).

I can't speak for Sea World or for special excursion trips to the coast, but the only diving opportunity in the World is in the Living Seas at EPCOT.

Cost is $140 (does not include EPCOT admission) and you must use all of their equipment (you supply bathing suit, that's it). The program is a few hours long and includes about a 30-minute dive. The rest of the time is changing, orientation, etc. You get a certificate (I think), a stamp in your dive log, a T-shirt, and the opportunity to buy a video of the dive. They provide private lockers, showers, etc. and toiletries.

You must be PADI certified (and over 16) to participate. You must be fully certified, including completion of all of your open water dives and be able to present your card. My experience from making the reservation for him is that they are very strict about the certification (she emphasized several times that, without his PADI card, he would not be allowed to dive).

DH will be doing this for the first time on our upcoming trip and I'm very excited to have the opportunity to watch him in action!

Hope that helps.

ChisJo-
If your soon-to-be DH is a certified diver and you like the water, then you need to get your certification also. It will open up many new possibilities for the two of you to share. Once I had my DD, I stopped diving. Do it now while you can!

Just remember when you're underwater-If it's really beautiful or really ugly, it's probably
poisonous.LOL :wave:

I considered getting certified just because I wanted to dive in the Living Seas! We did the Dolphin Encounter and it was wonderful. I'm sure the Diving Encounter would be even better. I'm actually terrified of the thought of diving in the ocean, though, so never got up the courage to go through a program. Now I have a baby and it will be a while before this particular choice arises again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter