Is anyone going to miss the Universe of Energy?

I am. Going to miss my favorite place for a mid-day nap.....
I love Ellen and the chance for just the right length nap.
I've only ridden a dozen times or so (over dozens of trips), but I'll remember it fondly.
I'm very excited for what's coming though (Guardians of the Galaxy)!

Last month, Disney announced announced that the Great Movie Ride in Disney's Hollywood Studios and Ellen's Energy Adventure in EPCOT would be closing. Since then there have been special walk through events at the Geat Movie Ride and soon special limited edition commerative merchandise will be released. Why isn't there anything special planned for the Universe of Energy? Isn't it special too?
The Universe of Energy is one of the most technologically complex experiences at EPCOT. The two acres of solar panels on the roof of the pavilion provide 15% of the enerv needed to power Ellen's Energy Adventure, the 45 minute ride back in time to the age of the dinosaurs The six ride vehicles when fully loaded weigh approximately 10,000 pounds yet are guided on the floor by a wire only 1/8 inch thick.
I'm going to miss Ellen's Energy Adventure and the chance to sit back and cool off at EPCOT without having to edit in a long line. My daughter is going to miss seeing Bill Nye , the Science Guy,who every kid who went to grade school instead be ninties will remember.
I'm going to say farewell with a question. What is the one source of energy that will never run out?
Exactly...it saved my life this summer. In addition to getting out of the sun, its a really awesome ride...l love it!

The six ride vehicles when fully loaded weigh approximately 10,000 pounds yet are guided on the floor by a wire only 1/8 inch thick.

I've always been fascinated by those ride vehicles (and GMR too). I liked it just for them! I also liked the Dinosaurs and several other things about the ride. I didn't like the long wait in the pre-show with no seating but at least it was cool.

I shall miss it but I will honestly miss GMR more. I did Ellen rarely these days - last time I tried it was on hold. Apparently one of those 10,000 pount ride vehicles blew a tire and it left it down for several hours as I continued to check.

GMR - I did practically every trip.

Not going to miss Ellen, Judy or Bill. ...even Albert Einstein was getting on my nerves. Blessings to each of them, but....bye.:wave2:

I have so many memories. So much nostalgia. I love it and will cherish those memories with my parents forever.

But it's time for it to go.

RSVP, Universe of Energy

Sort of - I like it but I admit it's totally outdated. My boyfriend went with me for the first time and he loved it so he's quite upset he won't get to see it again. This makes me think if you've seen it over and over ... not such a great loss. If not, it is. I hope they put something very very good in it's place - Epcot FW needs help. Anyone know ???

There has been at least one private farewell GMR dinner/dessert party inside the GMR over the past two weeks. This week WDWNT is facilitating an after hours farewell party and a more elaborate corporate party will take place on Sat night. Unless I missed it, I'm not aware of any such private parties inside the Universe of Energy.

I will definitely miss it, it is my 45 min, middle of my Epcot day, rest ride. No other ride can give you 45 mins of air conditioning, dark, and allow you to put your feet up so you can enjoy a nap. I will greatly miss it :(

I'm looking forward to the new attraction, but I will miss Stupid Judy and will be in suspense waiting to find out what happens with that newfangled solar power thingie. ;)

I will miss it the ride and I especially liked the cool A/C and a chance to rest my feet. I liked the original version better as I am not really a fan of Ellen.

I will miss it, it was one of those weird rides that was just fun to experience.

I am another proud UOE Napper. I will miss the cool place for a 40 minute nap, plus Ellen is pleasant enough. I'm not at all surprised it is going away though, because an attraction really should be more than a chance for a nap.

I rode it one last time a couple days ago in the early afternoon, one week before it closes forever. A well loved ride under those circumstances would have quite a crowd. Alas, they were running the attraction in low capacity mode (only loading and moving the outside cars while the middle two cars stayed empty and did not travel through the attraction). The 4 cars that were loaded had at most one family per row with probably 25% of the rows completely empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter