Is Boulder Ridge refurb done yet?

Not quite half way through. One section has just opened up and now work is going on the other portion

Publicly DVC claims that all of the villas will not be refurbished until spring 2023.

The first batch of rooms took about 3 months to complete.

Not quite half way through. One section has just opened up and now work is going on the other portion
Keep in mind that the wing closest to the main lodge (the side they have completed) is about half the size of the other, longer, wing, and doesn't have a fifth floor.

The very first rooms they started to work on WERE in the long wing, on the 4th and 5th floors, before they fully closed off the short side 100%, so there will likely be at least some rooms completed on the long side in somewhat less time than the three month window, but I would guess on the long side they will be doing them by floor and not releasing until an entire floor is completed.

CM at front desk said yesterday they are almost 50 percent done and completion by end of March

We’re going beginning of May and was wondering if they would be done, hope the cm is correct!

I think what many of us are thinking and hoping is, 3 months to do the first third, so (working at that same pace) the second third would be done in mid March, and the final third under construction after that. So if you had a room booked in April or May, you could not get an old room. And remaining old rooms would be under construction or done. It could go faster of course, and could go slower, lol.

I think what many of us are thinking and hoping is, 3 months to do the first third, so (working at that same pace) the second third would be done in mid March, and the final third under construction after that. So if you had a room booked in April or May, you could not get an old room. And remaining old rooms would be under construction or done. It could go faster of course, and could go slower, lol.
I think they have the 4th and 5th floor of the main building already well under way. If you look back through the threads, you’ll see that they didn’t actually block off the small side of the building until well after the first signs of construction back in August. For a good month, there was some construction noise and plastic down in the main building, 4th and 5th floor, but that was it.

When we were there in mid-September, there was zero activity on the side they’ve completed. I’d estimate they are actually taking 4 to 6 weeks total per room to do the remodel. There’s a very good chance, now that they are rolling and have their materials and work sequenced, that they will flip them faster.

I have a 1-bedroom booked for the very end of March/first week of April - do you think our chances are good we will get a new room?

I think they have the 4th and 5th floor of the main building already well under way. If you look back through the threads, you’ll see that they didn’t actually block off the small side of the building until well after the first signs of construction back in August. For a good month, there was some construction noise and plastic down in the main building, 4th and 5th floor, but that was it.

When we were there in mid-September, there was zero activity on the side they’ve completed. I’d estimate they are actually taking 4 to 6 weeks total per room to do the remodel. There’s a very good chance, now that they are rolling and have their materials and work sequenced, that they will flip them faster.
We checked out last Saturday (Dec10th). We were on the 4th floor in the long hallway. In front of almost all the villa doors were crates for glassware, dishes, etc. Didn't take the time to check to see if each floor was like that, but 4th was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter