• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Disney 100% Sold Out first two weeks of December or ....................

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
Well, trying to book ANYTHING at WDW for any several days the first two weeks in December before the Christmas crowds.

I am finding nothing. Even if there are cheering or some other event, I assume there would be some availability somewhere on property.

I "chatted" with Disney this morning.

Did you know WDW was celebrating 50 years? That what the person sold me the reason.

They were not 100% sold out for October 1 !

I assume it is an IT issue, but am I wrong?

Well, trying to book ANYTHING at WDW for any several days the first two weeks in December before the Christmas crowds.

I am finding nothing. Even if there are cheering or some other event, I assume there would be some availability somewhere on property.

Did you know WDW was celebrating 50 years? That what the person sold me the reason.

I find the system really controls length of stay. I was looking yesterday. If I entered a two night stay, only deluxe resorts showed up. Extend that to a four night stay, Pop and Riverside popped up. They are trying to control how you book. I’m not sure how to solve that. Maybe book an extended stay and call to modify. Something is definitely going on though.

I’ve been trying to book during first 2 was of Dec also with no luck...seems strange that there is availability for Christmas week which I thought would certainly be sold out...

I am having the same problem. Nothing available for Dec 5-10. But everything is available the following week with the holiday discounts. I find it hard to believe that it's 100% booked when theme park reservations are all green on the calendar. I am booked at the Swan with a great discount so I'm happy with that.

Just tried 12/4 - 12/7 and several resorts show availability, not sure if you had a specific resort in mind. Maybe some sort of glitch earlier?

There has been limited availability for the first 2 weeks in December for months. That is a hugely popular time for DVC owners, so there is no extra capacity there. That time has been getting more popular & busier every year for over a decade. It’s so popular the first 10 days or so have been blacked out of discounts for at least the last 5-6 years. Lots of people delayed trips from earlier in the year & rescheduled for then. Discounts for AP & Florida residents start December 12, leaving out the first 2 weeks.

And yes, Disney is using algorithms to control hotel inventory. You might find rooms for longer stays or on different check in dates. So being flexible might help. It’s definitely harder than it has been in years to get what you want, especially for relatively last minute trips.

Hi,

I am looking at hotels from the UK site ( assuming the US opens to UK citizens in early-Mid november) for early december and the hotel prices are very very high compared to my last stay.
I can see availability from 12/4 to 12/7 at Yacht club ( $610 per night ) and Animal Kingdom ( $700 -for club level so relatively better value) and double those prices for Grand Floridian and Contemporary
Not booking until clarification on borders but looks like offsite for me if I come

Have you tried searching incognito? I just looked and saw 5 resorts available for that time frame, unless you’re looking to sleep more than 5.

I have just tried to search in the Chrome incognito mode and still get nothing. LOL.

Can you try 12/2-12/8 and see if you get anything?

Thanks for your reply, I guess they are gone now

Inventory comes and goes all day long. I've been waiting to add a single night at CBR on 12/5 to the beginning of our next trip for months, and was just able to a moment ago. You just have to keep checking.

I just checked January 23-28, 2022 and then tried February 6-11th and there is zero availability. That can’t be right, can it?

I am trying to book for March, but no luck. I think there must be a glitch right now though, because I have been entering random dates throughout the next year and still see no availability. Hopefully it's just an IT issue?

I wonder if it's just limited availability, not sure how much capacity they can handle if there are still staffing issues. Could be some issues with the system itself, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter