Is Disney Moving Away from Audio Animatronics?

Jamboree Mountain

Blood on the Saddle
The reason I ask is because I've been such a big fan of them my entire life. As a child I was fascinated by them - rides like 'World of Motion', 'Great Movie Ride' and 'Universe of Energy' because of the big AA scenes. Whenever a new ride opened I couldn't wait to see the AA effects.

That all being said, there seems to be a trend toward reducing the role of AA's in newer WDW rides. I know a lot of people probably enjoy Toy Story Mania, but I was disappointed that the ride takes place on several screens (although the Mr. Potato Head AA is cool and very advanced). Laugh Floor uses that screen effect with live voice actors, which is interesting but not the same. The Seas with Nemo and friends, another that uses screens.

Has anyone else noticed this? Did Disney feel it's no longer cost effective to do elaborate scenes with multiple Audio Animatronics like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, etc?

I know what you mean and it's unfortunate, but I can understand why...the more animatronics the more maintenance they have to preform on the ride and the less down time the ride will have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter