Is DL better in October or January?

utahkennedys

DIS Veteran
I have some DVC points I need to use by the end of Jan 2008 so we are trying to decide when to go. We have two small dds (we'll have to take dd out of kindergarten but that's no big deal). Can you still swim in October? How are crowds? We will be staying at the DLH so I was hoping dds could swim in that fun pool.

Haven't been in October, but we were there the third week of January last year. Weather was nice, mid 60's during the day, cooler at night, bring a coat....We tried swimming but the pool was cold.....(even tho it is heated) we also stayed at the DLH. Low crowds which were great, I'd go again in Jan.

We usually go in December (not the same as Jan, but close) and we have had wonderful weather, short sleeves even.

This year we are going in October (less than three weeks now :cool1: ) and it looks like the weather is going to be in the 80's, definately warm enough to swim.

Either way you should take a bunch of warm weather clothes and a bunch of cold weather clothes because you never know. We have gotten stuck in December with only cold weather clothes and it's 85 degrees :rolleyes:

Thanks, I know the weather can be "iffy" in January, but I was hoping my dd could swim since she absolutely loves too and a vacation just wouldn't seem right to us without a pool. Maybe we'll try for October then and even hit the Halloween Party at DL since we just went for the first time at WDW and absolutely loved it.

October may be cheaper with DVC points. They are changing the points required starting in January (weekends will be more points and weekdays a little cheaper).

I would definitely go in October. Warm enough to swim, and possible cheaper since it is an off time.

I would defiantely go in October, because the weather is expected to be much nicer then in January, and if you go the first 2 weeks of October, your bound to get low crowds.

im gunna go against the grain and go with jan. only becuase alot of rides are down for refurb right now like matterhorn, monorail etc etc. if u go in jan all rights should be up and running. But if your going for weather definantly october

We are planning our first trip to DL Dec 14 to Dec 19 :banana: If any one has tips, please post them. The DL rep I spoke with today confirmed that the monorail and the matterhorn will open on Dec 15 for holiday visitors. :banana:

DLcastmbr said:
im gunna go against the grain and go with jan. only becuase alot of rides are down for refurb right now like matterhorn, monorail etc etc. if u go in jan all rights should be up and running. But if your going for weather definantly october
I am actually heading down Jan 11-15, :cool1: are you saying there are no rides closed for that time?? :cheer2: :cheer2: Do you know where I can find out if you don't know? Thanks.

PoohPrincess76 said:
I am actually heading down Jan 11-15, :cool1: are you saying there are no rides closed for that time?? :cheer2: :cheer2: Do you know where I can find out if you don't know? Thanks.

Haunted Mansion and/or Small World will most likely be down for holiday overlay removal. I'm not sure of what else.

I hope it is HM, DD loves Small World and DL wouldn't be the same without it. Do you know where I can find out for sure?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter