Is "Express" & "FOTL" the same thing?

BC

DIS Veteran
I keep seeing both terms on different posts and wondered if Front of the Line and Express line is the same thing. We are staying at the Hard Rock to get Front of the Line and hoped that was the fastest way.

You did the right thing,,,,FOTL is absolutely AWESOME!!! Cant say it enough.....the express is just like the fast pass at disney,,,you put your ticket in and you get a "time" to return. When you return,,,you go directly in, like you would with FOTL (same line).

But with FOTL you dont need to hassle with the fast passes and returning and all, you go RIGHT ON! I was just tickled pink and now IM spoiled and going to DIsney will not be as good as it used to be for me, after experiencing FOTL. Mae

There is no longer a true FOTL unless you take a VIP tour. FOTL means you go right to the front of the line--No waiting even five minutes in the express line. Now you have express access all day. Show your room key and go directly in the express line. Your wait should be anywhere from 0 to 15 minutes.
Regular express pass (if you're not staying on site) works like fast pass at WDW. Put your park ticket in a machine-get a time to come back- get in the express line.

Express and FOTL are NOT the same at all:

True FOTL (front of the line) is when your paid US/IOA Guide (on a VIP tour) brings you in and you get the first available seat no matter how long anyone else has waited on any line.

Express Pass- These are time slot reservations much like the Disney Fast Pass, you go to a kiosk near the ride you want, slide your card past a sensor, select a time slot on the screen and it prints a paper ticket. You take this ticket to the Express Line on that ride and usually ride within 5-15 minutes. These tickets are issued on a limited basis.

On-Site Room Key- show this to the employee at the entrance to allow you to enter any ride/attraction via the Express Pass entrance as much as you want, any time you want. No need to get the paper tickets from the Express Pass machines. Many people call this perk FOTL. It really is not FOTL but it IS the fastest and easiest way of getting on any ride short of the VIP tour.
:jester:

it is still front of the line access...same thing...just how you say it!

They are two totally different things. Susie described it the best.

Well, whatever its called, using your room key to get on faster is enough reason for me to stay onsite EVERY time I go....actually my teens think they may not want to go to Disney next yr,,,,just because I told them of the express treatment at Universal, which is fine by me, because the whole point is for them to have a good time. I will go to Disney with friends (or hubby if I can drag him) and save Universal for my children. Mae:jester:

FOTL is actually no longer "Front of the line". It has reverted to its previous meaning, "Fruit of the Loom".

It's all in the semantics, truly. FOTL is only true during the VIP tour but please do not underestimate the power of the Universal Express access via the onsite hotel key....it is, to quote my dear friend, Mary, AWESOME..... the perk of the century! :bounce:

Now if you think about it, FOTL would have to make SOMEONE wait, since there will always be someone else trying for it. The shortened time span of UE makes it as FOTL as it can be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter