Is Free Dining Over?

disynut

DIS Veteran
I am trying to finalize plans for our Dec. trip, but after reading over on the restaurant boards of some long, long waits for restaurants, I"m curious as to when the "free" dining plans will be ending. We're planning to do a lot of cooking in our villa, but like to do one meal a day "out". If the free dining is still going on, we may steer away from eating in the parks.

Thanks!

Jennifer

I don't mean to be a party-poop, but I for one am glad it is over.

I am so tired (jealous?? ;) ) reading all those posts about all those free meals!

I didn't understand what it was. Does it happen every year at the same time?

Susan

This was the first time the promotion was offered. It isn't clear whether it will be offered again. By the same token, there is no reason to think it won't be offered for the upcoming off-peak times, though it is getting pretty close to too late for such an offer to be put forward for early December.

While I wouldn't turn down a free meal, I also see the positive side of not being on the dining plan. It's kind of like using a free coupon to eat in a nice restaurant... I'm always slightly embarrassed to do that. I do it occasionally, but honestly not often. I think the servers don't like it, and I also feel that you get worse service as a result.

That's MY opinion. YMMV. :)

All I know is, I'm REALLY getting psyched for our 11.5 trip!! :goodvibes

Honestly the servers wouldn't know if it was free or if you had paid for the dining plan. I remember seeing a few faces that found out that the dining was free and they had paid for it.

cobbler said:
Honestly the servers wouldn't know if it was free or if you had paid for the dining plan. I remember seeing a few faces that found out that the dining was free and they had paid for it.

Really? I thought there were at times limited selections, etc.

Oh well. Doesn't really matter for us "poor" DVCers! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter