• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it better to book w/AAA if the package rate is the same as WDW's rate?

dtsaos

DIS Veteran
First of all, do AAA agents make a commission or do Disney CM's? We were quoted the same exact price for a Sept. Free dining package and were wondering what exactly are the AAA perks we can expect when booking through them or is it better to just do the booking through Disney?

We have the same problem right now- we are booked with AAA but also have the same ressie with Disney. My sister feels that if any problems arise(hurricanes) that it will be easier to deal directly with Disney. Anybody have any thoughts?

tiffsix said:
We have the same problem right now- we are booked with AAA but also have the same ressie with Disney. My sister feels that if any problems arise(hurricanes) that it will be easier to deal directly with Disney. Anybody have any thoughts?

Good point! I hadn't even thought about that aspect of it. We've been planning on going since Feb and I try not to think about the fact that we're going in hurricane season.
:rolleyes:

We booked back in Feb for a trip in July. At that time, the AAA price and Disney-direct prices were about the same, but my AAA agent offered me 1% cash back upon my return. Not a huge amount of money, but will pay for a few prints and picture copies, etc.
AAA also provides Diamond Parking passes if you will have a car.
And they have a VIP lounge in MK with a free drink.
The only downside I found was that once you book through them you have to go through them for everything(except dining PS's and tour ressies). I called the hotel direct to ask some questions, they referred me back to my agent. I called to check on ME luggage tags, they sent me back to AAA, etc.

that's exactly the point my sister has. For the next 3 months she doesn't want to have to call AAA for everything and have them call Disney when we can call Disney direct if we book directly thru them. I see her point but i feel bad for the poor girl at AAA that was soooo helpful and nice. Oh well, i guess it's better to feel secure and comfortable with your vacation.

Hi there -- I booked my trip for August through AAA and highly reccommend them. When I called the AAA travel agency to check on their rates, I had already made a ressie with Disney directly. The AAA rate for the exact same thing was $150 cheaper. I booked it and canceled my orig. reservation.

When the free dining offer came out, before I had even heard about it (and I am obsessive in my planning,) the agent called me up to tell me she had changed our reservation to take advantage of the offer. Saving us over $400!! So total savings through them with no additional work from me (ie, phone calls, making arrangements myself) has been nearly $600 so far.

Plus, you get the AAA diamond card which entitles you to 10-20% off at certain places like some downtown disney restaurants, richard petty driving experience, mini golf, mini power boat rentals, watersports, spa treatments at the GF, and my personal favorites, behind the scenes tours and purchases at the World of Disney store, where I will be definitely dropping some serious dough. So if you plan to do any of those activities, why not get a discount.

Finally, as someone who grew up with a travel agent for a parent, I know that a good agent can be your very best friend when planning a trip -- especially one with as many potential ins and outs as a Disney vacation. The woman I am working with at AAA (she specializes in Disney) has been more than professional and helpful saving me not only money but time, allowing me to focus on all the fun parts of the planning!

Bottom line: I would definitley recommend using them above booking the trip yourself -- just imagine, would Disney's direct reservation agents have called me to inform me of the free dining?? It will not cost you any more money, probably will save you money, and if the person you work with does their job, you will have the benefit of an expert in your corner.

My 2 cents based on my personal experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter