Is it me or.....

SpideyHulk24

Secretly has the hots for Jennifer Garner and love
are the entertainment rates for next year, not all that great????

I keep calling and the lowest rate for HRH for my dates was $203 a night. I knew there would be increases, but not as much as now. These rooms were $125 this year......:(

I hope they bring down those rates or offer better annual pass holder or fan club rates.

SpideyHulk

I don't know what dates you are trying to get in August, but I've been hearing HRH gardenview for $134 during the week from mid through late August. I would love to travel these dates myself, but they do not fit with my son's football schedule. I'm looking at $168 stndrd at RPR late June-early July.

Me too, Spidey. I am awaiting AP rates with a fluttering heart and keeping my fingers crossed! The ENT rates are really disappointing this year.

If rack rate is 239.00 a night and the Entertainment rate is 50% off rack rate, then how can they charge 192.00 weekend and 162.00 weekday and call it an E- rate. I booked that rate yesterday and called today and cancelled, but not before asking to talk to a manager and conveying my question to her. She said that these are the rates that are posted as E-rates and there is nothing that she can do. I think an E-mail campaign would at least let them know of our collective unhappiness with this years pricing. Does anyone know of a corporate email address to someone who might make a difference at Loews or the Entertainment book?

mark & sandra - I think the Hotel section in the Entertainment book lists the discount as "up to 50% off". Not sure now - I'll have to run out to my car & check the actual wording. It is upsetting though - last year it was exactly 50% off; this year it seems more like 25-30%. We may end up cutting our stay down from 7 nights to 2-3 nights and staying offsite for the remainder of the week.

I had the same question and was told that it is up to 50% off. So they can do that....:(

Also, I was looking at the beginning of August. I just may have to adjust my dates.

Spidey I totally know where your coming from, waiting forever for these rates and now seeing they arent that great. You have time on your side. I have great faith that something good will come along.:)

Can I jump on the bandwagon? I'm disappointed in the rates, as well. I sure hope that annual pass I bought comes in with better rates or they come out with lower ENT rates later. If I can't get a better rate, I will probably reduce my stay by a day.

I just got hooked on Universal and FOTL and now this. :crazy:

Here's hoping for lower rates!!!!!!!

I also got my ent rate for $203 which is in March -spring break. i was hoping for alot less but I have already bought my flight. I'll need to see what penalty if we change it.

I am sure this is a dumb question but i got e-rate at 168.00 for May 28 and 29 then 144.00 for May 30 and 31.

do you think e-rate will be cheaper than AAA?? I cannot do APH

thanks

I too am disappointed with the rates. I'm not sure how this entertainment contract works with the publishers of ET but it sure seems like Universal perhaps could not negotiate a good deal this year so they have not passed on such good discounts to the customer!

I had planned to stay for three nights ,twice in Oct ( long holiday) but now I am only going to stay two nights ( x2).

I did convey my suprise at the poor rates so maybe if they have sufficient feedback they may do something about the rates??

Another opportunity to wait anxiously and telephoning daily........... " Have the ET rates been reduced yet?????" LOL

Denise

I am also disappointed in the rates. While I did book a 3 night trip, I will probably be cancelling one night of our RPH res. to stay at WDW. I had planned to buy an AP and do a return trip in Oct. and Jan, but after these poor reductions, and after our less than stellar stay at HRH in Oct., I am rethinking even going to Universal. It would save me a great deal of money to stay on-site at WDW (which is a statement I never thought I would say!!)

Well, just like Disney forced me to look at other deals after they dropped e- night and early entry a couple of years ago, which led me to discover the great entertainment rate and service from staying onsite at Universal, I decided to cancel my stay at HRH @ 192.00 per night for my May 04 vacation and look into other options. I found a fellow DIS lurker, who happens to live near me and our sons play for the same cyo baseball team. She owns and rents her house through a management co. and offered it to me for my upcoming stay. We will be 2 families of 4, staying in a 4 bedroom- 3 bathroom- full kitchen-washer/dryer-pool-jacuzzi-+++ for only 115.00 per night, that's 57.50 each! Just an 8 min. drive to Disney. Sorry Universal, but you made me look elsewhere and it's not too hard to find deals in Orlando. Yeah I lose FOTL, but at a savings of 134.50 per night for each of us, I'll suffer in silence while I wait on some lines.

I am with you guys. The E Rates are too high. I mentioned in a previous post that when I made my reservations I got 168.00 for two nights then 144.00 for the the last night of our 3 day weekend. I told the Agent that when I stayed at HRH two years ago the E Rate was 99.00 per night for 4 nights. He immediately replied "Those days are over." I am keeping my fingers crossed for lower rates. I am thinking about buying an AP and hoping for a great AP rate. I can use the AP probably 10 or 11 times in a year. Since I live in Indiana I usually make it to UO about 2 times per year. Keep checking everybody!
ADP :D

:( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ditto. I think I brought ya'll back luck because this was the first time I bought an Entertainment Book. And what happens? Sorry!

Well that explains it all Mother! I know first hand of your luck or lack of....:p
Just teasing ya!

My luck is changing! I went to S. Beach, got a beautiful art deco hotel for $20, our football team won in the last minutes, got home 4 hours before we had to wake up for work/school, and I'm so hoarse that I can barely type this! Ent. rates have to come around!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter