Is it okay to put family first? (Response to royal family stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it bothers you, why pay attention. Posting on Social Media is what social media is for, read it or not, it’s your choice. I guess I don’t get the reading it and getting bothered by reading it. These folks must have a big hold on you.

You all are obsessed with this couple. If their goal is to gather attention you all have certainly helped them achieve that goal.
How can we miss them if they won’t go away? (And it sure beats talking about politics or Covid!)

[snip]
For the ones before Megxit was announced, I do wonder how this all happened, for the ones after, as they were still in their trial year for most of the time, I assume they still had access to, or got informed about the calendars of the other royals.
[snip]

No need for any snooping into calendars via back doors. It's all there, published in the Court Circular, just as it has been since the 1700s -- or as it was until VERY recently. Interestly, checking the Court Circular website for future events *now* turns up a big fat blank, which wasn't the case as recently as last month.

However, it is still kept up to date to the current day, and I would be willing to bet that some publicist has it on a daily to-do list to check right before going to bed every night, because with time difference from NYC, someone who wanted to, could get another story out in time to have it hit the US news media at pretty much the same time as press releases taken from the Court Circular. https://www.royal.uk/court-circular (BTW, if you actually read the Court Circular now and again, you quickly realize how incredibly mundane so many of the public events that members of the family are called upon to attend can be. This past Tuesday's highlight for Princess Anne was touring a garbage processing plant.)

No need for any snooping into calendars via back doors. It's all there, published in the Court Circular, just as it has been since the 1700s -- or as it was until VERY recently. Interestly, checking the Court Circular website for future events *now* turns up a big fat blank, which wasn't the case as recently as last month.

However, it is still kept up to date to the current day, and I would be willing to bet that some publicist has it on a daily to-do list to check right before going to bed every night, because with time difference from NYC, someone who wanted to, could get another story out in time to have it hit the US news media at pretty much the same time as press releases taken from the Court Circular. https://www.royal.uk/court-circular (BTW, if you actually read the Court Circular now and again, you quickly realize how incredibly mundane so many of the public events that members of the family are called upon to attend can be. This past Tuesday's highlight for Princess Anne was touring a garbage processing plant.)

They may have had to shut that down because of threats, terrorist or otherwise. I've read that Charles and Camilla were getting a lot of hate posts, not just since the interview but because of episodes of The Crown (which has so far chosen to show him in as bad a light as possible and has veered from reality somewhat). Still that's a huge change whatever the reason.

I did see the story about Anne going to see the garbage men, and it surprised me that nobody had noticed that they had continued working throughout the pandemic because they are essential workers too. It was part of the National Day of Reflection. We didn't really have a day in Canada -- I guess it was on us to do the observing on the National Day of Observance.

Coming next Meghan using the interview against harry in a divorce why he didn't do anything for her mental health. I think one of the worst things they did was to pull the plug for finance for Invictus because of the Netflix deal

https://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/prince-harrys-big-betrayal/4094459/
Now, for the first time ever, dark clouds have been cast over the royal's involvement with the charity, with news breaking over the weekend that a celebrity-stuffed Invictus Games fundraiser slated to be held in LA next year and set to be broadcast on Amazon Prime, had "been cancelled abruptly after their Netflix deal".
According to the Sunday Times: "Officials at the foundation, of which Harry is patron, were "stunned" after a lawyer for the Sussexes contacted them shortly before the Netflix deal was announced last week, pulling the plug on the project, citing a "conflict" over a planned deal with a rival streaming service.
A source involved in the year-long planning told the paper: "It's very bad form and everyone at Invictus is gutted. Harry said yes to doing this last year and everything was still moving forwards until a few weeks ago.
"This was going to be a big moment for Invictus where the pot is pretty empty, and it has left them in the lurch. Harry needs to pull his finger out to find another way to raise funds for them."

Last edited:
Coming next Meghan using the interview against harry in a divorce why he didn't do anything for her mental health. I think one of the worst things they did was to pull the plug for finance for Invictus because of the Netflix deal

Now, for the first time ever, dark clouds have been cast over the royal's involvement with the charity, with news breaking over the weekend that a celebrity-stuffed Invictus Games fundraiser slated to be held in LA next year and set to be broadcast on Amazon Prime, had "been cancelled abruptly after their Netflix deal".
According to the Sunday Times: "Officials at the foundation, of which Harry is patron, were "stunned" after a lawyer for the Sussexes contacted them shortly before the Netflix deal was announced last week, pulling the plug on the project, citing a "conflict" over a planned deal with a rival streaming service.
A source involved in the year-long planning told the paper: "It's very bad form and everyone at Invictus is gutted. Harry said yes to doing this last year and everything was still moving forwards until a few weeks ago.
"This was going to be a big moment for Invictus where the pot is pretty empty, and it has left them in the lurch. Harry needs to pull his finger out to find another way to raise funds for them."
This is unfortunate.. I hope Harry steps up, his involvement with the Invictus Games was a true success for him. If not, he will let a lot of people down.

If it bothers you, why pay attention. Posting on Social Media is what social media is for, read it or not, it’s your choice. I guess I don’t get the reading it and getting bothered by reading it. These folks must have a big hold on you.

Honestly the same could be said for you and the few others on this thread who are so bothered by others' opinions that you have to chime in and tell us so lol.

When I read the bolded, all I could think of was, poor little rich kid. I am straining to be sympathetic.

I agree, very hard to be sympathetic when they are so, so far disconnected from reality. As much as they work with different charities, I now think that is just for show, and that they have no real understanding or empathy behind it. How else do you work with people in real need and still cry for yourself regarding not enough money and what titles you should be granted?

My thoughts have always been to feel more sympathy for Harry because he was raised as a Prince, 2nd in line to the British throne no less! There was no way he could view life from a "normal" lens. Meghan however, is just a normal person who has lived a real life before this. Had she had a different personality she could have been a calming, centering influence for Harry. Someone to remind him that people survive without family wealth and titles and publicity in the real world lol.

Instead, she seems to want to egg him on in his resentments, and manipulate the situation to her advantage.

For Harry's sake at this point, I hope he can keep her happy and they stay together until the bitter end. I am not sure he can handle being next on her hit list if things don't work out.

I agree, very hard to be sympathetic when they are so, so far disconnected from reality. As much as they work with different charities, I now think that is just for show, and that they have no real understanding or empathy behind it. How else do you work with people in real need and still cry for yourself regarding not enough money and what titles you should be granted?

My thoughts have always been to feel more sympathy for Harry because he was raised as a Prince, 2nd in line to the British throne no less! There was no way he could view life from a "normal" lens. Meghan however, is just a normal person who has lived a real life before this. Had she had a different personality she could have been a calming, centering influence for Harry. Someone to remind him that people survive without family wealth and titles and publicity in the real world lol.

Instead, she seems to want to egg him on in his resentments, and manipulate the situation to her advantage.

For Harry's sake at this point, I hope he can keep her happy and they stay together until the bitter end. I am not sure he can handle being next on her hit list if things don't work out.

Bolder part, I hope for the same, especially for their children. Neither H or M will likely have close family ties in the future, although there is always hope. They will have plenty of followers and business associates, but they are not normally who you turn to in good times and bad. Unless $$$

Well there was a lot of speculation about it at the time, especially since Meghan was only 12 weeks pregnant...a bit soon to make an announcement given she had had a miscarriage last year (which was announced while Charles was doing an official tour of the Solomon Islands)

But I think much of the hoopla about the announcement was that people couldn't see how she could look so pregnant at just 12 weeks. I have no answer but I'm really not into the fake pregnancy stories.

No not that. That's not the kind of thing I follow either. It probably wasn't pregnancy related.

I guess whatever it was it's lost in the ether of my mind! :rotfl:

I read your post at the same time as I was reading this: "The Queen has snubbed an offer from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to be "involved" in the shake-up of the Palace workplace, according to a royal commentator. This comes amid news that Buckingham Palace may be considering hiring a diversity czar. Vanity Fair's royal correspondent Katie Nicholl told Entertainment Tonight the Duke and Duchess of Sussex "want to be involved with discussions" about reforming the Palace workplace. " And we know that nobody working at BP would use the word "snubbed."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...le-Queen-latest-Sussexes-Royal-Family-news-vn

All I could say was "Seriously???" It's not just that I'm shocked they would expect to just waltz back in and tell people what to do. It's that they can't seem to go a day without making a news story. I have no doubt that at some point someone at the Palace told M she was overexposed (as she said in the interview) but that it had more to do with the persistent leaking of stories, not that she was going out too much. They are overexposed now for sure and more people than us are going to just hope they go away.

This is just sad. But the article is dated back in September and until recently they were claiming the Invictus Games as one of their charities, but wow -- there are so many better ways to break the news. He could even have helped to find someone to replace him. I guess it flew under the radar because the charity itself would not have been publicizing this.

I think this was a big part of H's brand, but there is no way he can pin this on the RF. This one is on him.

This is much better than Charles debunking point by point. 60 Minutes Australia did it for him, with pictures and style.

I've noticed quite a few new articles in the past 2 days. I guess this is ahead of the final deadline for Harry's status ie. a year from the time he made his official break.

Last edited:

You all are obsessed with this couple. If their goal is to gather attention you all have certainly helped them achieve that goal.

It doesn't violate the rules of what can be discussed here or crowd out the discussions of the merits of piercings, tattoos or what seat we sat in on the bus to school. If you're not being forced to participate, what does it matter if others are having a discussion?

It doesn't violate the rules of what can be discussed here or crowd out the discussions of the merits of piercings, tattoos or what seat we sat in on the bus to school. If you're not being forced to participate, what does it matter if others are having a discussion?
To me, it’s the irony of “why won’t they go away”, “all they want is attention and people talking about them”...187 pages later.

I don’t actually care if people want to endlessly discuss them. It is a discussion board after all. But it does make me chuckle.

To me, it’s the irony of “why won’t they go away”, “all they want is attention and people talking about them”...187 pages later.

I don’t actually care if people want to endlessly discuss them. It is a discussion board after all. But it does make me chuckle.
“I don’t actually care BUT...”

You sure seem just as invested as anyone else here!

This is much better than Charles debunking point by point. 60 Minutes Australia did it for him, with pictures and style.

I've noticed quite a few new articles in the past 2 days. I guess this is ahead of the final deadline for Harry's status ie. a year from the time he made his official break.

I was unable to watch the entire video due to my phone acting up but I thought the man interviewed nailed it on his description of the Oprah show as gossip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter