Is it worth joining Disney Club for rental discount?

• Thread starter pixie dust gal!
  • Start date
P

pixie dust gal!

I am an annual passholder and get 10% off with a code. I will join the Disney Club if the discount is worth it. All feedback is welcome.

Right now I have a car on reserve with National EA Member 11 days full size for $291. or $280 for intermediate.

I don't know if someone has similar rates or can tell me straight out that my rates would be lower if I joined. By the looks of the another thread, we get in at 5:30 pm and it seems as if the EA will be empty; according to recent history.

We will not use the card for anything else as I already have a AP and AAA.

Many thanks!

We currently have a 9 day Emerald Aisle reservation for a full size. The Disney Club saved us $81 using both DC contract code and coupon code. We have a fairly low rate which is estimated at $175 for 9 days including taxes,etc. The DC membership cost us $29.95 purchased through husband's credit union so I guess it was about a $50 savings. We needed to use DC also to get discounts on tickets. Our local AAA didn't sell 7 day park hopper plus tickets which was what we needed. Hope this helps you compare.

I don't think it will save you much. I also have AAA and AP. I got the DC to get the National EA membership for free, but you already have that. You do get the Disney magazine subscription if you're interested in that. Most of the rest of the benefits overlap with the AP.

Thank you both! It seems like it doesn't save too much more, if at all!?:confused:

Using my DC Contract code and DC coupon, I have a rate of $128 including taxes for a full size.

Without taxes, I believe the rate was $144. With the discounts and no taxes, the rate came down to around $95.

SharonS,

is that for a one week rental? I am assuming so.

I have found it to be VERY worthwhile on NAtional. Doscounts tend to be 20% vs 10 and 15% from other sources, like National itself or AP. I love it.

Dan,

Nice to see(?) you again! It's been awhile. Thanks for the info, this was what I was looking for. I guess it would be worthwhile to invest in the DC for the rental.

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter