Is Le Cellier worth it?

ZachWatkins0521

Earning My Ears
Hi all! :) My Wife and I are headed down to WDW in February and it is almost time to make our dining reservations. We have been thinking about giving Le Cellier a try. Now, I have not eaten there since I was about 12 years old so I was wondering, is it still as good as it used to be, and is it worth the price tag that is on it? We have also been looking into Ohana, which we have eaten at before as well as cali grill. Steakhouse 71 and Space 220 are also on our list to try soon but Le Cellier stuck out to my wife when we were looking at all of the restaurants to try and I was just curious to know how it has been lately. Thank you all for your responses in advance :)

-Zach :duck:

We’ve always liked Le Cellier & eaten there on many trips over the years. I avoided it for the first couple of trips this year because I as concerned about eating in the small crowded room. We did go in June & September. Our steaks were very good as always. However, I think this was the most expensive meal of each trip. We both got the seasonal salad, a steak & the chocolate moose dessert. I don’t remember the total, but I do remember it was $15 for the salad & $59 for the ribeye. The salad is terribly overpriced, very small for what you pay. The steak was delicious, but the atmosphere isn’t worth that price, IMO. Not planning to go back the next trip. For the price point, we’ll do Topolino’s, Yachtsman’s, Boathouse or even CRT for a more relaxing upscale atmosphere. . If you are OK with the price & atmosphere, the steaks were delicious.

We’ve always liked Le Cellier & eaten there on many trips over the years. I avoided it for the first couple of trips this year because I as concerned about eating in the small crowded room. We did go in June & September. Our steaks were very good as always. However, I think this was the most expensive meal of each trip. We both got the seasonal salad, a steak & the chocolate moose dessert. I don’t remember the total, but I do remember it was $15 for the salad & $59 for the ribeye. The salad is terribly overpriced, very small for what you pay. The steak was delicious, but the atmosphere isn’t worth that price, IMO. Not planning to go back the next trip. For the price point, we’ll do Topolino’s, Yachtsman’s, Boathouse or even CRT for a more relaxing upscale atmosphere. . If you are OK with the price & atmosphere, the steaks were delicious.
I agree with you, the atmosphere has really gone downhill. The guests are seated practically on top of one another. My father in law remarked that he felt like he was eating in a military mess hall, elbow to elbow

We have dined there on occasion over the years. I don't think the food has changed much, still a good steak house, but pricey. Over the years, we have noticed the tables getting closer and closer. Almost as tight as San Angel Inn for packing in tables.

My husband likes it more than I do. Expensive for what you get. My husband had steak at the Boathouse our last trip (October) and enjoyed it very much.
'

Hi all! :) My Wife and I are headed down to WDW in February and it is almost time to make our dining reservations. We have been thinking about giving Le Cellier a try. Now, I have not eaten there since I was about 12 years old so I was wondering, is it still as good as it used to be, and is it worth the price tag that is on it? We have also been looking into Ohana, which we have eaten at before as well as cali grill. Steakhouse 71 and Space 220 are also on our list to try soon but Le Cellier stuck out to my wife when we were looking at all of the restaurants to try and I was just curious to know how it has been lately. Thank you all for your responses in advance :)

-Zach :duck:

We have eaten at Le Cellier several times over the years and, IMHO, our best meal there was this past June, post-reopening - the food was really outstanding. Yes, it's a small restaurant and the tables are close together - it's always been like that. Of the restaurants you mention - we enjoyed Steakhouse 71 (food wasn't as good as Le Cellier, but it was ok) and Space 220. 'Ohana was a greasy mess the last time we went and the service was terrible - we much prefer spending that kind of money on better a la carte restaurants. We went to Cali Grill the first night the prix-fixe menu was introduced in October - it was mediocre and not worth the price tag - the food at Le Cellier was much better.

This is a controversial topic.... Personally I do believe its worth the price.
I always get the filet mignon and cheese soup. The prices are comparable to my local fine dining steakhouse.
I realize that the fact that its in a theme park so people are not as "fancy" seems to annoy people when it comes to the price but the food has always been high quality so to me it does not matter if I am wearing jean shorts and sneakers or that there's a family with a toddler next to me.
I will say I'm not a fan of how cramped it feels in there as I'm sure originally it started out with half the amount of seating since it is small but overall I enjoy eating there.

We love it there mostly have had dinners but were just there on the 20th for lunch and it was just as great as always. I really like the pretzel bread they bring out and always get the filet that comes with the mushroom risotto and have maple creme brûlée for dessert. The others with me have food allergies so they have whatever cut of steak has not been marinated with some type of potato and steamed veggies and sorbet for dessert.

Worth it is subjective. We have tried it twice through the years and won't be going back. The problem for us is how packed and loud the place is, even in the before times it was just too crowded. The food was o.k. but I'm pretty sure you could get just as good if not better steak elsewhere on property. Having said that, I'm not a steak fan so I don't ever order it but my son is and he wasn't impressed. It isn't even the money for us, just the atmosphere.

Ultimately, there are people that love it and have had great experiences and people like me who think it's not worth it. Like so much of Disney dining, it's really vital that you go for yourself and form your own first hand experience. I'll share our thoughts, but at the end of the day...I'd say book it and find out for yourself, as you might have a good experience.

We've been 3x and it's been mediocre at best. You might ask why we've returned when we've had blah experiences...my husband has a short memory for these things. Seriously...last time we went, my husband had to send back his steak because he ordered it medium rare and it was like meaty gray leather it was so well done. I know I've ordered the raved about filet twice, hoping the first time was a fluke...but both were not good cuts and the overall dish left me with a "is this it?" feeling. I made sure to skip LC entirely last trip and my husband asked me why we weren't eating there, because he could really go for a steak. 🤔 I know it was 'the' ADR to get back before it was a signature restaurant and only one credit on DDP, but the steaks we've had don't measure up to other Disney signatures and definitely not fine dining steaks off property.

Le Cellier is one of the few restaurants that is on our "must do" list every time. The food is amazing, as is the service.
There's just something about this place that we love and can't stay away!

Le Cellier stopped being a good value the day it was designated a signature restaurant, with the corresponding increase in prices but no improvement in the crowded atmosphere or any upgrade in the quality of the food. I have not found the steaks to be comparable to those available at many of the resort-based signature restaurants, like Flying Fish, Narcoossee’s, and the Yachtman’s Steakhouse, although prices are comparable. The food quality appears to be on a par with places like Ale & Compass and Trattoria Al Forno. We’ll check out Steakhouse ‘71 in January. I fully expect it to be comparable as well.

If I ask myself the question - is any restaurant at WDW worth the price and answer honestly then NO. However you have to consider it within the cost of the total trip. If you can afford it don't think of it as a value proposition. Value is not something in abundance at WDW anymore. Magic comes at a steep price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter