Is November going to be especially busy?

Is November going to be a busy? When are you going?

• November

Votes: 87 77.7%
  • Have plans but at another time

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • Absolutely no plans or intentions to go

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters
We're going 11/20 to 11/27. We've been to Disney the past three Thanksgivings and while it is traditionally crowded, we've always had a great time. I expect this year will be different in that the wait times will be long, but the crowds walking through the parks likely won't be as bad as they have been in previous years due to attendance caps. But yeah...holiday week will be interesting!

We’re going Nov 1-8. We’ve tempered our expectations and if lines are crazy, my kids are good with spending lots of time exploring the Swiss family treehouse and watching the calvacades!

I’m also early November. I think there will be a lot of people who planned to do the F&W race that got cancelled, but still kept the trip. I’m hoping there is a lull between the Halloween crowds and Christmas crowds.

We go every fall/winter but were going to skip this year until my sister suggested a big family trip for her oldest’s 8th bday in November. We all rented DVC points at 11 months out and long story short, everyone else has now canceled, taking a bit of a loss, while me and DH are still planning on going.

Only thing we are on the fence about is using our park tickets. I am waiting on hearing an end date for the “taste of F&W” before really deciding if we will use them or not.

edit to add we are going the week before thanksgiving and I do feel it will be busy.

It’s already getting crowded and with the extended hours and increased amount of commercials I am seeing I think it will only become more so.

If you think you might want to visit the parks, snag yourself a reservation. You can always cancel it without losing a ticket day. I’m guessing F&W will still be going that week before Thanksgiving, with the Sunday being high in attendance?

Still going on my solo trip, November 15-19. I agree with others - I have a different mindset about this trip, and plan to slow it down and ENJOY instead of rushing around like my family usually does. I think I have a good strategy to still do what I really want to do while acknowledging the fact that there will be lines and it will feel crowded.

Saraboo! I remember your trip reports & reading all about your Japan adventures!! Yep, you can probably guess we are NOT going to Japan Nov 4-15 anymore! We figured we "settle" for WDW. It is a truly fortunate position we are able to have an alternate at all. If it were safer to fly among states, and DLR were open, we would've headed there to see my 83-yr old father-in-law & his wife. Given we will NOT fly on an airplane them spend time with them (don't hug grandma & grandpa wouldn't work for our kids or grandpa & grandma!), we thought - why the heck not! WDW here we come! No reason to waste perfectly good vacation time! We thought 5 days in parks would be plenty 1st trip to get a feel for the World!

Just made my park reservations this morning (After checking to make sure most FL schools are IN session on Veteran's Day) -
M: Epcot
Tu: MK
W: DHS
Th: AK
F: MK

Decided we HAVE to end at Magic Kingdom, just for full Disney. We opted 2 days MK instead of DHS since we do enjoy riding all the rides, sounds like so much to ride at MK, makes more sense for us to be able to ride our faves more than once. Our feet will be HURTING come Friday night!!!

I think we'll be at DHS the same day! Too funny! I'm so sad you can't go to Japan, but WDW is not the worst plan B in the world!

Going 2nd week of November, which I didn't think was typically busy, but all the park passes for HS are already gone. I'm glad I went ahead and did them. According to Chapek, WDW is still only at 25% capacity. I haven't been since Galaxy's Edge opened, so I'm excited to see it, but some videos I've seen of crowds have made me a tad nervous. Only there though. Everywhere else looked very un-crowded

Going 2nd week of November, which I didn't think was typically busy, but all the park passes for HS are already gone. I'm glad I went ahead and did them. According to Chapek, WDW is still only at 25% capacity. I haven't been since Galaxy's Edge opened, so I'm excited to see it, but some videos I've seen of crowds have made me a tad nervous. Only there though. Everywhere else looked very un-crowded

HOLY COW!!!! I just finally booked our park days on Monday. PHEW!! I selected DHS for Wednesday, thinking "it probably won't sell out that week". Ummmmm ..... wow. And OMG, my family would've KILLED me if I hadn't made reservations in time.

And EXCITING - I got an email last night that our MagicBands shipped ... followed the tracking & they are in Chicagoland - at our Palatine Distribution Center, which is literally 1 mile down the road from us. Expected delivery is Saturday, they got here in a day, so I guess I can give the USPS a few days to get them to us ;-)

I'll be there Nov 2-5. Hoping early November (thanks to no Halloween or Christmas parties) that it will be quieter.

Same here!! I was a little disappointed that the hours expand right as we leave, but it may be a blessing in disguise and people may push back plans a week or two to take advantage of the expanded hours.

Same here!! I was a little disappointed that the hours expand right as we leave, but it may be a blessing in disguise and people may push back plans a week or two to take advantage of the expanded hours.
Our trip falls right when the extended hours start for MK and EP, (usually we miss stuff like that lol)
Last year we missed all those EEMH by a smidge! I'm an early morning person, that would have been so awesome.

We go every fall/winter but were going to skip this year until my sister suggested a big family trip for her oldest’s 8th bday in November. We all rented DVC points at 11 months out and long story short, everyone else has now canceled, taking a bit of a loss, while me and DH are still planning on going.

Only thing we are on the fence about is using our park tickets. I am waiting on hearing an end date for the “taste of F&W” before really deciding if we will use them or not.

edit to add we are going the week before thanksgiving and I do feel it will be busy.

It’s already getting crowded and with the extended hours and increased amount of commercials I am seeing I think it will only become more so.
I believe the end date for FW is November 21

I believe the end date for FW is November 21
May I ask where you saw this info? I’ve been searching everywhere and chatting with CMs and haven’t been able to get a date.

edit: I now see it’s everywhere lol I have been so busy with work today I’m just now catching up on the news for the day.

Last edited:
I rented DVC for the week of Thanksgiving and between wanting to visit and not being willing to lose that $$, we are still planning on going.

Touringplans has changed the crowd predictions a few times for that week and is currently predicting WDW to range between 4-6 as a whole but individual parks go much higher (MK is an 8 on Thanksgiving.)

Anyone know what's up with HS being excluded from the hours extension? I can't imagine being open only 10am to 7pm for a holiday week. Honestly, we might skip it all together if it doesn't extend the hours.

Anyone know what's up with HS being excluded from the hours extension? I can't imagine being open only 10am to 7pm for a holiday week. Honestly, we might skip it all together if it doesn't extend the hours.
I find it odd too. The only thing I can think of is maybe they are trying attract guests into the other parks? They already know HS sells out to capacity everyday whether it's open 8 hrs or 12.

We are booked for Nov 3-7. Third time rebooking. We are hoping to go but as of today the CT Governor is thinking of making people coming into the state have to quarantine or have a negative test before entering the state. If this happens that will basically cancel our trip again and we lose DVC points. Hoping to go but losing hope fast.

We are booked for Nov 3-7. Third time rebooking. We are hoping to go but as of today the CT Governor is thinking of making people coming into the state have to quarantine or have a negative test before entering the state. If this happens that will basically cancel our trip again and we lose DVC points. Hoping to go but losing hope fast.
Oh no I hope you don’t have to cancel again 😩

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter