Is one day per park enough?

I think one day at each park is perfect for most people., and I usually don't do to any of the parks more than one time on any give trip. Now, I am taking my 85 year old dad to Orlando in March of 2022 specifically for Epcot Flower and Garden (which we have never done before), and we are doing two days at Epcot, two days at SeaWorld (his favorite Orlando park -- second day is a huge bargain there), and two relative visit days (my nephew who lives in Orlando and my cousin who lives in Tampa). The only reason we are doing two days is in case we do a shorter day, we'll still have plenty to cover everything we want to do. I'm just doing this as dad is in his 80s and I don't want to push it if he's getting tired. And it's a little different for him, as it's really just two parks in Orlando that are perfect for him. For most younger folks, there are the four Disney parks, two Universal parks, SeaWorld, great water parks and just so much to choose from that who has time for repeats..

Most of the rides? NO. Well, yes at Epcot.
Still, with only rides, you'll be missing out on a lot.
Suggestion: Prioritize what attractions are important to your group, and plan a realistic attack of how to do them while waiting in line with some of the other 250 million people that visit Disneyworld every day. My favorite resource for building a plan of attack is touringplans.com.

In the end, do what's best for your group. You are the ones paying for this vacation. If you have fun just winging it, and trying every ride you can fit in, that's what's best for you.

Easter is on a Sunday this year - hopefully all of the schools will be back in session the Monday after. That would work in your favor to keep crowds low.
Aren’t shows and pretty much 85 percent of things closed down? What would I be missing out on that’s not a ride? Specifically talking MK and HS.

Count me another fan of touringplans.com. It is a great resource to plan the perfect one day at each Disney parks -- helps to prioritize, pick and choose what to do, and helps to have a fun / efficient day - minimizing lines. I subscribe every time I go to Disney.

One day per park on a non-holiday weekday would allow you to experience most of the parks.

Tips:
- 5 minutes before closing you are still allowed to enter a ride (great for rides with the longest wait times... we usually use it for The Seven Dwarfs Mine, Flight of Passage, Frozen (Epcot), and Slinky Dog Dash).
- Unless you're a foodie, quick-service restaurants do just fine for meals and take less time, so you'll have more time for rides and shows.

We have always done one park a day and never really had issues. If I go in May with my mom and sister we will also be doing one park a day. I guess with no fastpass it will be more of a pick your fave and hope you get to ride all. Whatever you do, just make sure you have fun.

Aren’t shows and pretty much 85 percent of things closed down? What would I be missing out on that’s not a ride? Specifically talking MK and HS.

You're right, plenty of shows and street performers are shut down, kinda makes me think some of the "trip of a lifetime" crowd might go and then think, "what's the big deal?" since most of the rides are on the tame-ish side. At Mk, some of the non-ride things would be like The Hall, Bears, Tiki, Phil, definitely the Dans. Have they patchworked some small parades together too? I think Hollyweird is almost down to the Frozen Sing a long, which, is freakin hilarious. I'm not sure if the green army men do a little show at times throughout the day anymore, but they've never had a proper schedule for them, anyway, I don't think. If you wouldn't be wowed by any of the SW stuff - building droids, shopping, or wandering around and stalking stormtroopers, then GE wouldn't be a big draw outside of the rides, perhaps.

Yes and no. Under normal circumstances, if u have been before then yes, one day per park is enough time but if its ur first time then no, u need 2 days to see shows, parades, fireworks and ride everything. But under the current covid circumstances, id say one day per park is enough for new and veteran guests as u really only have the rides currently.

I actually have no choice but this option. I was just wondering is it doable to do most of the rides in one day? I worry with hours being cut so short. I look at wait times daily, and it seems if we get there super early and start left, that it would be a decent strategy...well, at least for MK. Going mid April after Easter.

Unfortunately 1 day per park is not enough to do everything. BUT it is enough to have a great Disney vacation!! You can never do it all and that’s part of the beauty of Disney. Prioritize what you want to get done and maintain flexibility in your days. And keep an open mindset. If you don’t get to do something don’t let it ruin your whole vacation. Best of luck. Every day in Disney is a great day!

I would say yes - do you really mean all? MK def has the largest number of attractions but I skip like Hall of Presidents and Tiki Room and Country Bears so I never find it difficult to do all the rides I want to do in 1 day, with re-rides on my favorites. Seconding springing for Hoppers if that's possible for you, that way if you find yourself unexpectedly done at a park earlier than anticipated you can maximize your day elsewhere.
Yeah, we are not interested in Country bears or Tiki room. We can skip a couple of spinners since there’s like 3 of them...and the speedway.
Count me another fan of touringplans.com. It is a great resource to plan the perfect one day at each Disney parks -- helps to prioritize, pick and choose what to do, and helps to have a fun / efficient day - minimizing lines. I subscribe every time I go to Disney.
I keep on hearing this website. Sounds like I must look into this definitely.

Most of the rides? NO. Well, yes at Epcot.
Still, with only rides, you'll be missing out on a lot.
Suggestion: Prioritize what attractions are important to your group, and plan a realistic attack of how to do them while waiting in line with some of the other 250 million people that visit Disneyworld every day. My favorite resource for building a plan of attack is touringplans.com.

In the end, do what's best for your group. You are the ones paying for this vacation. If you have fun just winging it, and trying every ride you can fit in, that's what's best for you.

Easter is on a Sunday this year - hopefully all of the schools will be back in session the Monday after. That would work in your favor to keep crowds low.

In reference to the bolded....uh, no offense, and I know WDW is popular and all, but I think your numbers are slightly off...

In reference to the bolded....uh, no offense, and I know WDW is popular and all, but I think your numbers are slightly off...

Slightly isn't even close to how much I was off. I remember webbing something up, but I was obviously looking at something incorrectly. :confused3
Avg daily (outside of pandemic) is more like 160k.

Thanks, I was definitely WAY off.

If anyone wants to give up a some of their day on Youtube, AllEars.net has vid from fall 2020 labeled, "Can You Still Do Everything in MK in One Day." They attempted all moving vehicle type rides - and attempted the shows like Tiki / Bears / Philharmagic if there was time left over.

My favorite "do everything in a day" story was the Parkeology "no oxygen" challenge - all rides across all 4 theme parks in 1 day with no Fast Passes. Absolutely wild story. Google it.

If anyone wants to give up a some of their day on Youtube, AllEars.net has vid from fall 2020 labeled, "Can You Still Do Everything in MK in One Day." They attempted all moving vehicle type rides - and attempted the shows like Tiki / Bears / Philharmagic if there was time left over.
I saw this. I actually requested for Molly to do an updated video since there seems to be more people in the park. I did a Disney binge on YouTube.

It depends on your touring style. I found that when I went solo I did everything I wanted to do and saw everything I wanted to see in those 4 days because I didn’t have to wait on anyone and wasn’t held back by anyone. Groups and families may take longer to tour the parks due to everyone’s varying wants and needs. But it all depends on your touring style as I mentioned. Have fun!

I actually have no choice but this option. I was just wondering is it doable to do most of the rides in one day? I worry with hours being cut so short. I look at wait times daily, and it seems if we get there super early and start left, that it would be a decent strategy...well, at least for MK. Going mid April after Easter.

As long as you are not a first timer, you’ll be ok.... with fast passes not in operation, the standby lines move more quickly. And yes, I’ve been down there a few times last year so this is from personal experience

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter