Is phone case/wallet considered a bag at security?

anonymousegirl

DIS Veteran
I have a Vera Bradley phone case/wallet. It holds my credit cards/ID, money, and phone. It has a small wrist strap. It has no other compartment. It does fit in my back pocket.
Does Security consider that a bag?

I think the common rule is that if it has a zipper, it's a bag. If it only folds up, then it wouldn't be considered one.

So my pin lanyard with a zipper clear pouch for my tickets would also be a bag?

Is it like a metal zipper, or a plastic zip-loc type thing? I think if it is a metal zipper, then yes they would have to check it. I have seen them check things much smaller than that.

I took one like that on our last trip. Some checked it and some didn't..But I always showed it just in case.

I was stopped from going through bagless several times because of the wrist strap. I was told if it had a strap it was a bag.
So now I either remove the strap and carry it through with no issue, or I put it in my pocket with the strap side down where it can't be seen.

So my pin lanyard with a zipper clear pouch for my tickets would also be a bag?

No. And it would depend on the phone case/wallet you have. Majority would not be considered a "bag" and security wouldn't look twice.

If you have a simple wallet phone case like a leather one that has a flap that flips close over the screen, that's not a bag and you just walk through the no bag line.

If you have a case that is bulkier and might have a zipper or just looks like it can hold more. Like a clutch type purse, then it would be considered a bag

It may be hit or miss. I think the individual CMs at the lines would make a judgment call. Some will consider it a bag, while others will not. It might be worth going over to the bagless entrance, and just asking the CM there if you are okay to go through or if you need to have it checked.

I have a Vera Bradley phone case/wallet. It holds my credit cards/ID, money, and phone. It has a small wrist strap. It has no other compartment. It does fit in my back pocket.

Put it in your pocket and go through the bagless line. My DH carries more things in his pockets than I do in any bag, and he goes through bagless.

Yes. I have a very similar bag. It is a bag. You have to use the bag line

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter