Is Royal Pacific Hotel A Good Place To Stay

brooke1

DIS Veteran
hello i am new to your board . i have never been to universal studios and IoA, but from what i have seen it looks great.I will be taking my son 10 yrs old and my Mom, I will be going to universal and IoA on May 29th2004 thru June12004, i know that is memorial weekend but wanting to stay at RPH the lines should not be a problem. Any adivse would be great on RPH and has anyone booked there trip through expedic.com before, a standard room ar RPH are running 199.00 a night.(this is a good deal). again any adivse on anything i need to know about universal and IoA would be great help.
thanks Brooke

My family stayed at RPR in July. We had never been to US or IOA either...always WDW. The south seas feel of the RPR is awesome. The main lobby is on the 3rd floor which you might find confusing at the beginning. There was a man down by the pool that would play steel drum music off and on throughout the day. The grounds are beautiful to walk around.....so tropical w/beautiful flowers at every turn. We were in Tower 3 (royal tower) As you exit the elevator, the outside door leads out to a walkway where there is a souvenier shop w/sundries/clothing. The fitness center and kidclub is also in that row. At the end of that row is the convention rooms and the place to catch the shuttle to SW, etc. The Islands Restaurant is right there in the other direction, and Jakes is around the corner a little. Directly across from the walkway is the entrance to the pool. This is the closest building for the water taxi too. The walk to the parks is fun....watch closely and you'll see the little camelions (?) One thing that I found convenient in this bldg was the laundry room on the 2nd floor with an inside entrance...you need your room key to get in....$2 wash/$2 dry, but one lady told me that her clothes dried in half the cycle, so she did 2 dries for the price of one. I hope you have a great time!

You are going to LOVE it there!!!! We stayed there and can't wait to visit again....after we experience all the resorts of course!;)

The service and atmosphere were just great and I think they are on par if not above some of the Disney resorts.

Hello.. welcome to the DIS :)

Did I read your dates right? May 29 - Jun 12... 2 weeks at Universal? :eek:

I liked the Royal Pacific very much, tropical & casual with a great pool for the kids and nice rooms. You will love US and IOA a 10 year old boy will have a blast.

14 days is a bit long though please tell me you are doing some Disney in there?

>>^..^<<

I agree that two weeks is too long. It is a GREAT place to stay, but I couldn't do it for two weeks. I would break it up with at least one other location (either Disney or a few days on the ocean, etc.)

Just my two cents!

Her dates are May 29- June 1

Welcome to the boards Brooke! You may or may not get a discounted rate for those dates. The Expedia rate isnt horrible if thats when you need to go. You can also ask about a AAA rate is available and if you are a member. Your 10 year old is gonna love it!

I have stayed there a few times and really like it. I would try for the entertainment rate. I am planning to go that week-end as well. I went last memorial day week-end and got the entertainment rate of $125 for HRH, RPR is $110. I just stayed one night. I was not able to get Saturday night but did get Sunday night. Even if you pay rack for one night and entertainment rate for the other, it is better then $199. Keep an eye on this board to see when the 2004 entertainment rates come out and call right away. I don't bother calling, I trust someone on this board will post and I check here every day or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter