Is Super Bowl Sunday crowded at Disneyland?

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
I see people ask this question a lot so I just wanted to report for Super Bowl Sunday today 2/12/23. It was very busy, more crowded than most Sundays we go. It was noticeably more crowded in the early morning hours today than it usually is on a Sunday in my experience. Ride wait times and crowds typical for a busy weekend, and felt more crowded over at DCA for the Lunar New Year festival.

I think a lot of people assume it will be dead on Super Bowl Sunday but that was definitely not the case today! Maybe it will die down later tonight. We left around 5pm.

I've known people who used to say they were going to WDW at Christmas because there wouldn't be anyone there. The Disney parks are always busy, if someone encounters a slow day, it was just the luck of the draw. To describe any period of time as "slow" is a misnomer.

I went on Super Bowl Sunday back in 2019. It rained that day. It wasn’t overly busy, but for sure not low crowds. I think people who don’t care about football or the teams playing probably go to the parks lol

I went on Super Bowl Sunday back in 2019. It rained that day. It wasn’t overly busy, but for sure not low crowds. I think people who don’t care about football or the teams playing probably go to the parks lol
Lots of people in football jerseys in the parks! I thought it might clear out an hour or so before game time but it didn’t.

To be clear, I didn’t go expecting low crowds. This was just the day that worked for us to go. But I have seen the question asked a lot and people saying that the parks should be dead due to Super Bowl.

If an LA team was playing t
Lots of people in football jerseys in the parks! I thought it might clear out an hour or so before game time but it didn’t.

To be clear, I didn’t go expecting low crowds. This was just the day that worked for us to go. But I have seen the question asked a lot and people saying that the parks should be dead due to Super Bowl.

Yeah, I think it also may depend on the teams playing. If one of the LA teams (Rams or Chargers) were in the Super Bowl that could definitely have an effect on crowds.

We went when the Broncos beat the Panthers because we were told it was empty the year before. It wasn’t and I missed the Super Bowl for it. Not worth it.

We used to go every year on Super Bowl Sunday because, regardless of the teams, our family couldn't care less. We found that it seemed to bounce between being really empty (yay!) one year to slam-packed (boo!) the next, our theory being that people who went would report to all their friends and the word would get out. So if it was busy one year, the hive collective would decide to avoid that day making it empty the next (and vice versa).

If that's still true, and it was crowded last weekend, then next year might be a great day to go!

We used to go every year on Super Bowl Sunday because, regardless of the teams, our family couldn't care less. We found that it seemed to bounce between being really empty (yay!) one year to slam-packed (boo!) the next, our theory being that people who went would report to all their friends and the word would get out. So if it was busy one year, the hive collective would decide to avoid that day making it empty the next (and vice versa).

If that's still true, and it was crowded last weekend, then next year might be a great day to go!

The theory is called - Crowds avoiding crowds creating crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter