Is the new "Soarin" attraction @ Epcot wheelchair accessible?

cathie

Castaway Cay Girl
Does anyone know if "Soarin" is accessible to those guests using wheelchairs? We travel with a friend that uses a large power wheelchair & he cannot transfer out of his chair to ride. Thanks for any info. Cathie pirate: :grouphug:

I am just back from Disneyland where I had the extreme pleasure of experiencing this attraction.

I am so sorry to say that guests who use wheelchairs and cannot transfer to a ride vehicle seat will not be able to experience this attraction, as there is no way to accommodate a wheelchair on the ride.

The following link will explain the attraction in detail. You will need to scroll down the page a bit.

Happiest Celebration on Earth

Thanks for the link! That's the most comprehensive and objective review I've read so far.

i can't answer about if have to transfer or they have WC possible on actual attraction. when i was over at epcot on sunday, i noticed the WC signs directing WC/handicapped to a different queue. so at least they have signs directing WC where to go.

edited: oops guess i should have read the article first before posting LOL :Pinkbounc

Hello, Cathie.

I don't have any personal experience, but here is an article by Chet that gives his experience.

http://allearsnet.com/pl/mev_chet9.htm

I enjoy reading his articles and experiences at WDW. If you follow the other links, you may find some other great info.

Ray

Let's hope Disney follows through with exploring the possibilities of at least allowing wheelchair guests who must remain in their chairs to view the film. I would think that would be a lot more fun than having to miss it entirely, and just have your family or friends tell you about it. I would imagine they would have to build a special fenced area to keep the guests in wheelchairs "corralled" while the ride was running. (Don't want any stray guests to wheel themselves under the descending seats when the ride comes to an end.)

JoannaOhio said:
Let's hope Disney follows through with exploring the possibilities of at least allowing wheelchair guests who must remain in their chairs to view the film. I would think that would be a lot more fun than having to miss it entirely, and just have your family or friends tell you about it.

I think that Disney should go a step further, and film ALL inacessible attractions and show them to disabled guests who wouldn't otherwise get to ride them. There are a whole bundle of rides I cannot transfer onto, and there must be at least one unused corner in each park where they could set up a home cinema for disabled guests. Perhaps even an extra channel on the resort room televisions.

Andrew

>We'd< watch it even though we could go on all of the rides. :earboy2: Our room TV NEVER leaves the info station while we're at the parks.

Andrew Bichard said:
I think that Disney should go a step further, and film ALL inacessible attractions and show them to disabled guests who wouldn't otherwise get to ride them. There are a whole bundle of rides I cannot transfer onto, and there must be at least one unused corner in each park where they could set up a home cinema for disabled guests. Perhaps even an extra channel on the resort room televisions.
What a GREAT IDEA, Andrew!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter