Is the skyliner worth a special trip?

And try to (wait) for the clear glass gondola without the characters for the best Window view.
I can’t imagine anybody would not want to experience this at least once just out of curiosity . Unless you have a fear of heights perhaps.

Last week, while at HS, we had done most of what we wanted to do, except we were waiting for the 1:00 opportunity for ROtR. So around 11:15, we hopped on the Skyliner to the hub and then transferred to go check out Riviera for lunch and then returned by 1:00. It was a nice trip and our first ride on the Skyliner and we enjoyed it. It was just my husband and I, so no kids to be grumpy about not doing rides. I would recommend avoiding the 11:00-11:30 time frame since that is when Epcot opens so the hub area was crowded and we had a long wait. On our return trip around 12:20-12:30, there was no line or wait.

We enjoyed it just for a break. We'd been walking around world showcase and we were tired. It was a nice way to sit down for 30 min or so and get a nice view.

I second the recommendation to plan a meal at Riviera. We love the counter service at Riviera, and the coffee shop has yummy desserts!

Hoping to ride it just because we haven't yet and will be headed to Riviera for a meal.

For our fall trip, we're staying at BC and are planning to ride it from Epcot to The Riviera to try out Topolinos. I think it will be a fun way to check out a new resort!

Personally - I did not like the Shyliner - we rode it a few times - it swayed way too much for me, was freezing cold and stopped (albeit just for a few minutes) at the highest elevation over Caribbean resort - but then again - I don’t do roller coasters and don’t like heights...so - if you’re going to go between HS and Epcot anyway - I would recommend trying it - if not - I wouldn’t try to ride just for the sake of riding it.

On our last trip we took early afternoon breaks by taking the skyliner route and just going round trip, not stopping anywhere. No lines to get on or off, no line to get back in the parks, it was a nice breezy break to sit and look at the area.

One tip I haven't heard is that if you get motion sick, request an "unwrapped" skyliner. The "wrapped" ones cover the windows and make the view not as nice and somehow made me a little queasy when the clear ones were just fine.

Enjoy your trip!

I would not recommend shortening Park time just to ride the Skyliner. I would, however, recommend making an effort to ride the Skyliner on off times.
As mentioned, I much prefer the clear gondolas, without character emblems- the view without the character obstruction is much enhanced.

Last week, while at HS, we had done most of what we wanted to do, except we were waiting for the 1:00 opportunity for ROtR. So around 11:15, we hopped on the Skyliner to the hub and then transferred to go check out Riviera for lunch and then returned by 1:00. It was a nice trip and our first ride on the Skyliner and we enjoyed it. It was just my husband and I, so no kids to be grumpy about not doing rides. I would recommend avoiding the 11:00-11:30 time frame since that is when Epcot opens so the hub area was crowded and we had a long wait. On our return trip around 12:20-12:30, there was no line or wait.
What did you eat and where?

I loved the Skyliner! If I don't stay at a skyliner resort for my next trip, I will definitely plan a park hopper day to go from Epcot to DS or vice versa. It makes park hopping so much more viable.

I think its worth checking out. Its very unique. The ride from Epcot to DHS is relatively quick and easy, so even if you end up not enjoying it, its at least not much of a commitment. Remember that you will need to transfer to the DHS line once you arrive at the CBR hub, though that doesn't add much time at all.

We were there in October to meet a bunch of DIS people from the camping forum. We had no park tickets and it was a 5 day staycation. I had no desire to ride the Skyliner as I view it as just another form of transportation like the buses, monorail or boats. A way to get from point A to B. My wife on the other hand really wanted to try it out. We rode the bus over from Ft. Wilderness to HS where we got on. We made the entire up and back trip on all the lines. I think it took about 45 minutes total and there were no lines. My wife enjoyed it very much. I can check it off my list but haven't changed my mind about it being transportation and not a "ride". I would say go ahead and do it for the experience.

I loved it! As others mentioned get a gondola without the character overlay, it really does ruin the experience. Also, be sure to stop at the Rivera even if you don't eat there. There are beautiful Tangled and Peter Pan murals just a few steps off the unloading point. Great photo op!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter