Is there a chart....

BitsnBearsMom

<font color=green>We sure are lucky that way<br><f
that would tell me when I can book for our vacation?? frustrated trying to figure it out!!

We are headed down there next October and planning on staying at SS (our home resort) for 1 week and probably WLV the 2nd week
Oct 8 to 20 with only being in the DVC for the 8-13, trying out a moderate for the weekend since we are going to switch anyway and DVC from the 15 to 20 so basically Sun to Thurs in DVC and paying for Fri,sat night.

Does this make sense?? Also do you think it's going to be difficult to get WLV in Oct with food and wine festival on?? We will have to get a 2 bedroom both weeks as we are taking the IL's with us!

Almost down to a year away..... can't wait!!

oh and would it be best to initially book both weeks at SS - our home resort then switch if/when we get the other??

We are headed down there next October and planning on staying at SS (our home resort) for 1 week and probably WLV the 2nd week
Oct 8 to 20 with only being in the DVC for the 8-13, trying out a moderate for the weekend since we are going to switch anyway and DVC from the 15 to 20 so basically Sun to Thurs in DVC and paying for Fri,sat night.

I have some of those calendars in the website linked in my signature line.

Basically, since you are staying at SSR for the first week, you could book it at the 11 month window... if you want to book day-by-day you could do so starting on November 9, 2005. If you wanted to book the entire 1st week at once, you'd have to do it on November 13th.

Now for the VWL stay, you'd have to book it at the 7 month window which would be March 16, 2006 if you are booking day-by-day, or March 20, 2006 to try and get the whole week at once.

I would probably recommend booking SSR just to make sure you have something for that 2nd week. If you do that, you could book it day-by-day starting on November 16, 2005 or November 20, 2006 to get the whole week at once.

Just remember that it's based on your check-out date (not check-in).

One more Question...... If I call on Nov 8th (thanks for the charts!! Great site!) can I book for the whole week or do I have to go day by day.... and is it busy enough for a 2 bedroom at that time of year to make it necessary to go day by day (if I can't book the whole week)

BitsnBearsMom said:
oh and would it be best to initially book both weeks at SS - our home resort then switch if/when we get the other??
I would do that - if you can't switch at 7 months or have to use the waitlist, having a place to stay no matter what will give you peace of mind. Lots of us do it this way.

There is no chart - unless Caskbill's planner has one. I just use a 12 month calendar and count backwards from check out. 11 months prior to a 10/13/2006 check out would be 11/13/2005. 7 months prior to a 10/20/2006 check out would be March 20, 2005. If the day to call falls on a Saturday or Sunday (your dates do't this time), you would have to call on the following Monday.

Best wishes-

BitsnBearsMom said:
One more Question...... If I call on Nov 8th (thanks for the charts!! Great site!) can I book for the whole week or do I have to go day by day.... and is it busy enough for a 2 bedroom at that time of year to make it necessary to go day by day (if I can't book the whole week)
If your first night's stay is October 8, you can't call until November 9 - it goes by check out day, not check in day.

IMHO, it will not be necesary to call day by day for SSR for October. One call on November 13 should do it for you. That assumes you want to check out of SSR on October 13.

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter