Is there a list of ECV friendly rides/shows w/o transferring to a wheelchair?

Bete

DIS Veteran
Everything I read is geared towards wheelchair accessible, even Disney's own info.

Is there a list or can we start one where you can take your scooter from beginning to end into an attraction? I would assume this would be more show oriented but I really would like to know which ones are ok.

As a general rule people using ECVs have mobility and/or stamina problems which are not as severe as a person who is confined to a wheelchair.

As a user of an ECV I am expected to be able to park the ECV, get off it and transfer to a regular seat in the ride vehicle, and get back on my ECV afterr exiting the attraction. Sometimes the ECV will be moved from the boarding area to the exit area and other times the boarding and exit will be the same.

There are a few attractions (Rock & Roller Coaster, Space Mountain and Pirates) where either the queue cannot handle an ECV or other reason where I would have to transfer to a wheelchair. At shows at the American Gardens Theater (Epcot) I have been asked to park my ECV on the side and sit with my group in a regular seat. Otherwise I have not had any particular problems.

The park maps have symbols which label the rides for height requirements, intensity, whether you must transfer from an ECV to a wheelchair and when you must tranfer out of the wheelchair to ride. There are trips when I am not ambulatory at all and I use an ECV. I have been able to take the ECV right up to Dumbo and with help transfer into the Elephant. The ride always stops right at my ECV. Where have you checked for this info? Do you have the Guide for Diabilities? I think that should have a listing of what attractions require you to transfer from the ECV/Wheelchair.

There is a list in the official WDW Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities.
This is a link to the official Disney site page about Mobility disabilities. The information is clearer on this page about which rides are accessible if you stay in the ecv than the information in the actual guidebook for each park.

Once you get to the parks, you will find the individual attractions are marked with icons on the park maps which indicate whether you can stay in a wheelchair/ecv for the whole attraction (a little wheelchair icon), whether you have to switch from an ecv to a wheelchair (a little person getting up from the ecv and going to a wheelchair) or whether you have to get out of the wheelchair and board the ride car (a little person standing up next to a wheelchair). There are signs in front of each ride also with the same icons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter