• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there a white sand, clear and clean beach?

Huntington Beach and Newport Beach are the best beaches in Orange County. There are no white sand, clear water beaches in CA. You'd have to go to HI or FL for that. Sorry.

If you are used to East Coast Beaches, keep in mind that the water in California is a lot cooler than you might expect.

Haha, asking a Californian where's the best beach is just opening a can of worms. Granted, I'm in Australia now, but I was born and raised in Southern California. No beaches in California hold a torch to the beaches here, in Hawaii, or on the East coast, in terms of water temp, clarity of water, or sand quality. With that said, they are some of the most beautiful, especially as you move north up the coast. I lived in San Francisco for awhile, and in areas like Big Sur, you have amazing coastal bluffs and cliffs, falling down to the beaches. In Southern California, you've got miles and miles of beaches, and although not the best in terms of sand quality or water temp, California sunsets over the water are amazing, rivaled only by Hawaii (or Arizona for that matter, but that's another story altogether).

Hope this helps!

Well hopefully it will be 80 degrees out while Im there. Then the water will feel good. Im on the shores of Lake Erie, I know it will be better than this! lol
Right now we have a foot of snow and it all of 19 degrees outside! Its snowing again!!

What im most disappointed in is there are no shells on the beach.:sad2:

There are shells, just not a lot of shells. It doesn't help that people go and remove these parts of nature by "shelling" for their pleasure.

Take only pictures, leave only footprints.

We always liked Laguna - there are some beautiful coves where the water is nice.

Well hopefully it will be 80 degrees out while Im there. Then the water will feel good. Im on the shores of Lake Erie, I know it will be better than this! lol
Right now we have a foot of snow and it all of 19 degrees outside! Its snowing again!!

What im most disappointed in is there are no shells on the beach.:sad2:

Be prepared. Even if it's 80 out, the water temp will still only be in the mid to high 60's. The Pacific Ocean is COLD.

As for shells, you'll see some, but because of all the rocks and bits that make up the not so soft sand beach, they tend to smash up. You can find little ones though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter