Is there an age limit for the disney college program?

missxmadden

Earning My Ears
Most college students are very young. Is there an age limit for the Disney College Program for those who are older?

I doubt it- As far as I know, the only thing that you have to be is a college student. I haven't ever heard anything about an age limit.

There is no age limit. In fact, I had three ladies older than 40 in the apartment next to mine. They house all the older people together. There aren't alot of older people doing the program but there are some.

I was 44 when I did the CP last year and I was not the oldest in the bunch. I've heard of folks in their 60s doing it, the only requirement is to be a student (which is the ONLY reason I went back to grad school! ;) ) I lived offsite since I have my children with me, but I never heard of them housing "all the older people together".

I had 2 older roommates during my CP in Fall 08. One was 38 and one was 30 in our Vista Way apartment of 21-24 year olds. It was an experience, that's for sure. Had I known how horrible the living experience was going to turn out (not my fault, the oldest had a feud with 3 of the other roommates) I would have paid the relocating fee on day 1. If you have a personality like mine where you can get along with everyone, having an older roommate is no problem. Just remember that you are going to have roommates from all walks of life and you will have to learn to compromise about everything. Let's just say that our older roommates were very stubborn and downright creepy when it came down to it. I will spare the stories since this was probably an isolated incident but just be aware (as I'm sure you are) that the CP is very much a living and learning experience.

I know I don't have the time to do the CP during the rest of my undergrad. But I've been thinking about doing it if they accept grad students, so it's nice to see that the CP will accept you as long as you are in college! :banana:

I am 35, will be 36 in August, and I am waiting to hear if I was accepted. I plan to have an apartment although I will go home when I have long enough breaks. I am married with 3 kids so I only wanted the apartment for days when I have to work late/get up early or have a REALLY early call morning. I personally do not look or act like a 35+ year old mom. I am mistaken for a high school student still. If I don't tell you my age you will never know. I doubt I will have issues with roomates other then I can be opinionated when someone is acting like an idiot.

Tina - I'm in a similar boat. I'm just about 31 and engaged. I'm 3 hours south of Disney so my fiance and I will be going back and forth when we can, but we don't have kidlets yet :)

I don't look 31, heck since I got laid off last October I've been in school full time. None of my classmates believe me when I say how old I am. Age is only a number anyways.

My room mate Disney gave me is 45 and I'm 21, I don't think they care too much about putting people with the same age together or else they wouldn't have put her with me.

SportsChick: I'm Main Entrance too!!! Can't wait to see you down there~!

One of my best friends/coworkers on my CP last year was 41!! It was a blast hanging out with her at her apartment and at the parks. I love how adults decide to do the CP! I's totally cool. :goodvibes

Its crazy but there is this girl in my Accounting class who is 22 and she looks WAY older then me. I was setting up a movie date with a bunch of girls from class and one leaned over and whispers while pointing at the 'old' 22 year old, "Think she could get us some beer?". Made me laugh.. she had no clue I was old enough to be her mom.

@Ryan S NOT all older CP are like that, Im going to be doing the program this fall and I am 48 but people do not believe me when I tell them that, Im not old stuffy or stubborn, Heck I dont act my age at all so please dont judge by your roommates OK meet a few more of us and you will see that most are like you guys just older LOL

I am 28, back in college after a several year hiatus, and hoping that's not frowned upon by the general populus of the CP, let alone the selection process.

I plan on applying for a 1 roommate situation, to avoid even the possibility of underage drinking. Would Chatham be the best for this?

I was 31 when I did the program and did a 1 bedroom at patterson. I wish I had done a 2 br as I ended up having roommate issues.

As for underage drinking, unless you request a wellness apartment, you will automatically be placed with over 21 roommate(s)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter