Is there an exit before getting on the Smuggler's Run ride?

Smugglers Run is about as tame as they come unless shaking back and forth bothers you.
There are some people who have issues with motion simulators so I can how the ride might be an issue for some people. Going through the line and seeing the inside of the Falcon and all of the hallways is fantastic for a Star Wars fan, so I can understand why someone might want to see the queue, but also not want to go on a ride that may make them feel unwell, dizzy, or sick.

There are some people who have issues with motion simulators so I can how the ride might be an issue for some people. Going through the line and seeing the inside of the Falcon and all of the hallways is fantastic for a Star Wars fan, so I can understand why someone might want to see the queue, but also not want to go on a ride that may make them feel unwell, dizzy, or sick.
Yes, simulator could ruin the day for me… but I’m excited to learn that iI can go through the pre sho…I guess I didn’t even know there was one. It was so hot when I was there in July, it really seemed like a desert planet..,so I just rode ROTR and didn’t spend a lot of time there. When I go at Christmas, I know my friend will want to go on it so I’m glad I’ll at least be able to do that much.

as always, I learn something new every day on the DisBoards!

Yes, simulator could ruin the day for me… but I’m excited to learn that iI can go through the pre sho…I guess I didn’t even know there was one. It was so hot when I was there in July, it really seemed like a desert planet..,so I just rode ROTR and didn’t spend a lot of time there. When I go at Christmas, I know my friend will want to go on it so I’m glad I’ll at least be able to do that much.

as always, I learn something new every day on the DisBoards!
To clarify, there is a pre-show which sets up the mission on the Falcon that has animatronics and a hologram, which is cool, but not the absolute highlight of the pre-ride experience. For any Star Wars fan, especially someone in love with the original trilogy, the best part is going through the hallways of the Falcon and seeing the inside of the Falcon. For me, it was a mind-blowing dream come true.

To clarify, there is a pre-show which sets up the mission on the Falcon that has animatronics and a hologram, which is cool, but not the absolute highlight of the pre-ride experience. For any Star Wars fan, especially someone in love with the original trilogy, the best part is going through the hallways of the Falcon and seeing the inside of the Falcon. For me, it was a mind-blowing dream come true.
And just so I’m clear, can you do this and then still not ride? I would love to see inside. I did this with Hogwarts last year at Universal…actually spent more time touring the castle than my hubby did on the ride 😂

i’m getting excited…c’mon December!

And just so I’m clear, can you do this and then still not ride? I would love to see inside. I did this with Hogwarts last year at Universal…actually spent more time touring the castle than my hubby did on the ride 😂

If you wanna see the queue I recommend going thru it without LL, as in, the normal Standby. LL goes far too fast and to the side so you can't really enjoy all the little things that make that queue awesome.

Yesss! I cannot ride the Harry Potter ride in the castle 🤢 but my 11 year old loves it. So my 6 year old and I explore the castle and wait for her in the rider swap room!

What’s going to be really bad is when my youngest is tall enough to ride, but my older daughter isn’t old enough to take her on it, and my husband isn’t with us….. because I cannot under any circumstances ride that one!

Yes, you can go all the way inside. When they ask how many in your party (at which point they assign you the positions—pilot, gunner, engineer) just let them know you would prefer not to ride and want to exit. It’s very easy and I’ve done it with my younger child several times who doesn’t want to ride.

Yes, it's covered but you can always choose to exit until such point that the restraints are locked and dispatch is imminent. CM's are always happy to assist.

And, yikes to some of these parents! It's one thing to encourage a scared child to try something in a good-natured way, but to try to forcibly strap them into something they do not want to do while they scream and cry is pretty ridiculous. I am glad that CMs actually won't assist with such endeavors.

Forever grateful my parents never forced my anxious-non-thrill-ride self to ride anything.

@ OP, thanks for starting this thread. I'm one of those who can't ride due to motion sickness, and now I know that I can at least enjoy the line and atmosphere with the family!

I don't think it's fair to call it a "chicken door." I'd prefer the term "bypass exit" if it was up to me. It's too bad Disney doesn't make this more obvious. I think my wife would really enjoy the pre-show for Smuggler's or Star Tours, for example, as long as she was allowed to skip the ride at the end. (doesn't like the motion - not scared, just doesn't want to get motion sick).
I get really bad motion sickness as well and over the years have gone though the line and left at the end. Especially when it is just two of us on a trip it is nice to be able walk through and see everything along the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter