Is there any time you can go when WDW is decked out for the holidays without crazy crowds?

2016 we were there November 12-19, crowds were not bad at all. the 19th was the Saturday before Thanksgiving and MK was packed ( we had a late flight).

We were just there from December 10-17. We thought the crowds were okay, definitely not any more crowded than our previous trips, which have all been in the summer. The most crowded day was Saturday the 16th when we were at AK. We liked the temps, a little cold the first few days, but better than the summer heat! We will definitely go in December again, especially after I retire from teaching!!!

I wonder if this year was really bad in December due to the hurricane re-schedulers. We've gone a few times the first two weeks of December and have LOVED it. We didn't go this year for a variety of reasons so I'm starting to plan our trip for December. Now I'm a bit nervous about planning for the first two weeks.
What is the week before t-day like?

The beginning of December has historically been by favorite time to go, but we found the parks to be much busier this year than in years past. Even travelling to the different resorts for pictures felt more crowded than on prior trips.

I was there Nov 10-17/ The first few days were a little crowded coming off of Jersey week/Veterans Day. Starting that Tuesday crowds decreased a good bit. Plus, weather was perfection!

All the Christmas décor we wanted to see was up- expect our hotel, Wilderness Lodge. I was a little let down by that. Still, I would go that week again. parks were decorated, the party is going on, monorail resorts were decorated.

We went the beginning of December (4th to 8th) and it wasn't crowded at all. We've been twice in January, and twice in September and December was no busier or slower than those times

We went Nov 11-18th this year, and the crowds were not too bad. Things were a little weird because there were 4 Christmas Parties while we were there, but we didn't have any long waits anywhere.

We have only gone thanksgiving week or the week before. Both were decked out for the holidays and lots of fun. The week before thanksgiving was not as busy. I think the only thing missing the week before thanksgiving was the Epcot entertainment (storytellers, etc.) and all of the gingerbread decorations were not done. I think most other decorations were up and we were able to do the Christmas party the week before thanksgiving.

Keep in mind mid November and early December often have the free dining promotion. This will bring in crowds. We went the Sunday after Thanksgiving in 2017 for 8 days and did 6 days at Disney.

We were early risers and did every extra magic morning hour we could do. The crowds at those early hours were low. We had many walk ons. We were able to do extra FPs, too.

We scheduled meal packages; so, we had reserved seating for the Candlelight Processional, River of Lights, and Fantasmic.

We took afternoon breaks everyday when I felt the parks were most crowded. We did not go back to the parks every night. We didn't have to; we really did everything we wanted to do and then some.

This worked very well for us.

We were just there Dec 13-16. Crowds weren't bad at all. We didn't wait more than 20 minutes or so for most rides and worked the FP system also. And everything was decorated and in full swing.

We were there starting the friday after thanksgiving 2017. Friday and Saturday were crowded, Sunday thru thursday were great

This is great news as we are arriving the Sunday after Thanksgiving this year. I hope that is the case for us.

The second week of December has always been our traditional time to visit Disney for the holidays. Usually around December 8 through the 12th. Right after pop Warner, but before the holiday crowds start to really show up.The combination of holiday decorations and lower crowds was hard to beat. But, this year for whatever reason, it was way more crowded. So much so that we decided not to do anymore December trips. Honestly we never even noticed the crowds before. But this 2017 trip it was noticeably worse. Maybe that has to do with people rescheduling from the hurricane, maybe people are just catching on? We are now going to start going week after Thanksgiving. Hopefully we can get a good couple of trips out of that time frame before that gets too crowded as well!

We were just there Dec 13-16. Crowds weren't bad at all. We didn't wait more than 20 minutes or so for most rides and worked the FP system also. And everything was decorated and in full swing.

We were there the 16-22 and has the same experience. Would go again at that time.

We were there 12/9-17 and it was more crowded than it has been during that week in the past. Not too bad during the week, but the weekends got rather crowded. The buses at CSR were much more full all the time than I'm used to.

The second week of December has always been our traditional time to visit Disney for the holidays. Usually around December 8 through the 12th. Right after pop Warner, but before the holiday crowds start to really show up.The combination of holiday decorations and lower crowds was hard to beat. But, this year for whatever reason, it was way more crowded. So much so that we decided not to do anymore December trips. Honestly we never even noticed the crowds before. But this 2017 trip it was noticeably worse. Maybe that has to do with people rescheduling from the hurricane, maybe people are just catching on? We are now going to start going week after Thanksgiving. Hopefully we can get a good couple of trips out of that time frame before that gets too crowded as well!

Not sure it matters anymore, really. Just like the weather here in Central Florida, there seem to be only two seasons -warm, and hot / crowded, very crowded (bombogenesis notwithstanding, lol.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter