Is there anyone super excited about their upcoming trip?

Yes and no. Yes because I’m excited to finally get back to Disney, but no because I’m afraid to let myself actually get excited. We’ve had to postpone 4 times already. Don’t wanna get my hopes up too high in case it doesn’t work out again.

It is so funny, the closer the trip gets (February 20th through 26th) and the more we read about the disaster that is Genie +, ILL, etc. and the money we had to pay for this trip between hotel and airfare, the LESS excited we are all becoming. I wouldn't say we regret booking the trip, as this is a graduation gift for my daughter, but we are at the tail-end of my daughter growing up with Disney. We began taking her every two years since she was 3. We were able to enjoy all of our trips up to our recent trip in June. That trip was noticeably different in lieu of the pandemic and pre-Genie +, but we had noticed on that trip, that "magic" was definitely lacking. We passed it off to Covid, but in reality, we could see where Disney was going, and basically, now see what it has become. What bothers me the most is not really our experiences, because our Disney Trips with our daughter for the past 13 years have been awesome! She grew up at the perfect time to enjoy Disney for what it was. We NEVER had issues in those 13 years...we had a plan and a purpose and everything worked. My sadness comes in regards to families who will not be able to experience what we did with their children. We don't even have to worry about rope drops, Touring Plans, ADR's anymore, because we just go to enjoy the parks and resorts, but if rides and experiences were our top priority, I would be devasted as a parent. What a shame. Of course, we will have a good time, as we truly have the lowest of low expectations, but from a family who considered becoming DVC at the end of this final trip, we have now decided to simply move on from Disney and embrace the memories. A short trip at a resort here or there, sure, but the Disney of now IS NOT the Disney we knew and loved.

Only because we’re taking our grandchildren in October for their fist visit. My wife and I went in November, and pretty much go every year, but with all the changes and extra costs it just didn’t feel as much fun as before. If it weren’t for promising our grandchildren we wouldn’t be going back for a few years at least. The Disney fund is going to other vacation spots after this trip.

Hi everyone! I appreciate everyone sharing their excitement for their upcoming trip! There is plenty of gloom and doom to be had around here so this has been fun reading about your plans.

I would kindly ask if you want to discuss the changes and how the magic is gone, to post it in another thread. I don’t mean to be “that” person or a Pollyanna but want this thread to stay positive. Thanks!!

We’re so excited! We’ve all had a lot of collective trauma over the last two years, and just being in a special place with my family and seeing the joy on their faces will be a relief and a thrill. We haven’t lowered our expectations, we’ve just adjusted how we’re approaching the trip - more emphasis on downtime at a pretty resort and taking in the things we normally skip in our rush to all the rides. I’m such a ride junky I’ve never even had a Dole Whip - too busy to stop!
I hope you have a wonderful trip!

This will be my fourth unplanned trip during the pandemic. I'm excited to not be at work, but I'd rather be traveling internationally. I'm just waiting for all the restrictions to be gone to use my passport again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter