"Is there ever to much Disney?" March 2014 PTR UPDATE 1/17

caralyn817

DIS Veteran
Hi ya'll. Well, I'm going to do it. My FIRST ever Pre-Trip Report and wait for it...TRIP REPORT. I'm SUPER excited to be coming out of lurkdom and actually be doing my own report. :cool1:

I know many of you are getting your share of cold, snowy weather. This is what I'm was looking at outside.

Yup, those are Palm trees. Don't Hate! We live in sunny and HOT South Florida. Today was a cold day for us. It was 46 this morning and guess what tomorrow it's suppose to be back to 70 degree weather. Ugh! Can't I just get some more cold weather than just one day. (Sigh!)

Well, let me introduce our cast.

Hi, I'm Cara. I'm a Kindergarten teacher. I am the planner of the group.

Then, there is my DH, Brett. He is also a teacher.

Grammie and Papa (Excuse the face from my daughter. She was trying to act like a pirate and was saying Arrrg! Ha!)

Finally, the star. Our little princess, Bayleigh.

So, now let me tell you how this trip came to be. Well, we are Seasonal Passholders and when the Black Out dates came out I realized that our Spring Break is not blacked out. Woohoo! You know what that means. We get a whole week in Disney. :yay: (We usually do long weekend stays.) After some discussion, we booked it. We will be going March 21-29.

Up next:
Where will we be staying?
What ADRs did I book?
What are a touring plans?
How did the title come to be?

Am I first? Glad that you have come out of Lurkdom! This side of the Dis is a LOT of fun! :grouphug:

NO!!! There is NEVER too much Disney! LOL

How exciting that your SB isn't blacked out! :banana:

What a nice view that is. We are in the 50's but soon to be dropping.

Great that you could book with the pass. You arrive on my birthday. :banana:

That is great you came out of lurkdom. Looking forward to hearing the plans.

Am I first? Glad that you have come out of Lurkdom! This side of the Dis is a LOT of fun! :grouphug:

NO!!! There is NEVER too much Disney! LOL

How exciting that your SB isn't blacked out! :banana:
Thanks for joining. Yes, you are the first.
What a nice view that is. We are in the 50's but soon to be dropping.

Great that you could book with the pass. You arrive on my birthday. :banana:

That is great you came out of lurkdom. Looking forward to hearing the plans.
Thank you for joining. We are suppose to drop down to the 60s on Wednesday. :cool1: My students will of course break out the parkas. It's crazy how the parents dress them when we get a cold front. Seriously, gloves, earmuffs, etc. :rotfl2: We'll celebrate in the world for you.

Looks like you are heading there the week we are also looking at!

:cool1: We'll be there at the same time. Where are you looking at staying?

So right now, I should be working on lesson plans for next week. However, I decided to take a break from my knowledge of Polar Bears and write an update.

Last I left off, I introduced you to the cast. Can I say that we are all super excited for this trip? I can't wait. I've been thinking about Tinkerbell gifts for Bayleigh. Just have to start going shopping for them.

So while we are there, we will be staying here:

Our Home will be Old Key West Resort.

I'm still trying to think about where we would like to put in our request for rooms. We usually stay near the Miller Road Bus Stop, but I'm thinking about trying somewhere different. Any suggestions?

OKW is a very nice resort. I would want to be near the hospitality House.

I haven't stayed at OKW before, but it looks like a BEAUTIFUL resort!

And you know, as interesting as Polar Bears are… Disney is MUCH more important! :rotfl:

OKW is a very nice resort. I would want to be near the hospitality House.

Everytime we have stayed here, we have stayed in the second building to the right of the Hospitality House. We were thinking about trying a different location, but we might just request the same area as before. We'll see.

I haven't stayed at OKW before, but it looks like a BEAUTIFUL resort!

And you know, as interesting as Polar Bears are… Disney is MUCH more important! :rotfl:

Yup, a break was definitely in order. We studied penguins this past week and next week is Polar Bears. I agree Disney is a lot more fun, but I don't think I can pull that off in the classroom.

So I originally had everything all planned out, but some things may change. I have used several sites in the past that have helped me with crowd levels. I Love these sites. I mapped out our trip based off of these sites that haven't failed me yet. Well, I had everything planned out and then some of my friends with daughters the same age decided that they may come up the for the first part of our trip. I had to quickly change some things around for a possible trip together. I have 2 schedules prepared just in case. Here is goes:

Schedule #1 (The Original)
Friday, March 21st- Drive up, Check in, Grad something to eat, and then possibly do Summerland MiniGolf or Downtown Disney
Saturday, March 22nd- Epcot ADR for lunch at Biergarten
Sunday, March 23rd- Animal Kingdom ADR for Dinner Chef Mickey's
Monday, March 24th- Hollywood Studios ADR Breakfast Hollywood & Vine Tuesday, March 25th- Animal Kingdom or Epcot ADR Dinner at Ohana
Wednesday, March 26th- Magic Kingdom ADR Breakfast at Crystal Palace
Thursday, March 27th- Sea World (Teachers get in free) ADR Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Friday, March 28th- Magic Kingdom ADR Breakfast Cinderella's Royal Table
Saturday, March 29th- Animal Kingdom ADR Breakfast Tusker House;head home

Schedule #2 (Friends Plan)
Friday, March 21st- Drive up, Check in, Grad something to eat, and then possibly do Summerland MiniGolf or Downtown Disney (friends will be coming up in the morning to do a park, but I can't because I have a training)
Saturday, March 22nd- Magic Kingdom ADR Breakfast at Crystal Palace (Friends are doing this park this day and it would be the only day we'll be together)
Sunday, March 23rd- Animal Kingdom ADR for Dinner Chef Mickey's (friends are leaving in the afternoon
Monday, March 24th- Hollywood Studios ADR Breakfast Hollywood & Vine Tuesday, March 25th- Animal Kingdom or Epcot ADR Dinner at Ohana *Thinking of making this another Magic Kingdom Day
Wednesday, March 26th- Epcot ADR Lunch at Biergarten
Thursday, March 27th- Sea World (Teachers get in free) ADR Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Friday, March 28th- Magic Kingdom ADR Breakfast Cinderella's Royal Table
Saturday, March 29th- Animal Kingdom ADR Breakfast Tusker House;head home

So there isn't too many changes, just in the beginning of the trip. I'm still waiting on them to decide. If they do go it will be our group, plus 2 other families. They both have a 3 year old girl and a 1 year old girl. Our 3 year olds are born very close together and have been doing dance together for 2 years now. It will be exciting to see 5 little girls squealing with excitement. Either that or deafening for the guys. :rotfl2:

I'm off to bed now. I have lots of things to do tomorrow. Dance class, shopping for Tinkerbell gifts, laundry and other household chores and then we will be going to the circus tomorrow night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter