Is there something as “too much” Disney?

Maybe. We had 2 DVC contracts and went twice a year. Last year, we both agreed to sell 1 contract so now we will go only once a year. Felt a little Disney withdrawal this spring. But with all the changes they have made that have not been guest friendly, I don't feel bad cutting back.

I'm late to this thread but OP, I'm in a similar boat.
Single, 34 (35 in Nov) and will never have kids. I have three nieces I adore (with 2 more on the way) and I LOVE being the 'rich' auntie (let's be real, I'm not rich I just don't have kids :laughing:) who spoils them.

I just bought into DVC because I do go every year or every other year and it just makes $ sense since I don't plan on changing that. I also have a big family trip planned in 2025 and I get to help my family splurge when they otherwise couldn't afford it.

Everyone is entitled to their hobbies and if it brings you joy and isn't negatively impacting your life, I say enjoy!

DH and I were just talking about how we no longer feel excitement about going to new places—just anxiety about the details. I’m at an age where I don’t care what others think I should be doing. You do you. If Disney is your happy place, be happy.
Yes! I'm glad you said that. I'm the planner, and while I have traveled to Europe and done cruises and Mardi Gras in my youth, now that I'm a parent and older -- I don't want to navigate the hassle of planning an overseas trip with kids and a husband who are fussy about food, accommodations, and don't necessarily want to see all the museums and historical sites I loved. Disney, while complicated, is now familiar and pretty easy for me to plan. I get enough mental stimulation following the bloggers about the latest foods and attractions, so when we go, there's always something new to try and do -- if we want.
I'm rambling, but yes, Disney is fun, easy, and familiar. I feel safe there with my kids and have encouraged them to be more independent -- because I am not worried about them navigating a metro system, foreign currency, etc. We're more fans of the resorts (DVC) than the parks, but we love having the parks right there for popping in a few hours and riding rides, walking World Showcase, drinking around the world (halfway, LOL.) It IS fun.

DW and I are moving from 5 trips a year to 'only' 3 (Jan. May, Sept). Now that Covid is behind us, we are looking forward to overseas travel again, as well as occasional VRBO escapes within 4 hrs of home. Yea, retirement is a challenge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter