Is there usually this much of a price increase each year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked for Mazatlán. Plan is DL in 2019. I feel since I “just” made Platinum I should go get my free Palo meal. But I imagine I will just find a Carnival sailing to Mazatlán and fork over $$ to eat in the specialty restaurant and save myself a few thousand dollars.

Was the onboard credit just on one of the cruises?

Correct. The $3100 figure came from touring plans price tracker as the opening day price for that category. So that amount wouldn't have onboard credit.

Correct. The $3100 figure came from touring plans price tracker as the opening day price for that category. So that amount wouldn't have onboard credit.
But are you comparing apples to oranges? You should compare 2 cruises that either both have onboard credit or both don't have onboard credit associated with them.

But are you comparing apples to oranges? You should compare 2 cruises that either both have onboard credit or both don't have onboard credit associated with them.

It doesn't matter. If the 3,800 was with a credit then without the credit it would be about 4,100-4,200, which is 1,000 more than the one at 3,100 without a credit. If the 3,100 had a credit then it would be 2,800 compared to 3,800 (with credit) which is STILL 1,000 difference. No?

Correct the $3800 I believe was after the OBB. I know other lines would be cheaper. We are specifically wanting the Star Wars Cruise. And I already anticipated what most people are saying in response. I guess it was just a vent. I was hoping for only a slight increase from this past year. I guess I will wait and see what prices are for sure when I can book.

Perfectly acceptable to vent! Disney prices continue to rise and it seems perks, service, and food don't necessarily follow the same pattern. But sometimes you're hard pressed to find anyone here who agrees with you. Some posters believe Disney does no wrong. That's fine. Many of us have found that there are great cruises that are NOT Disney. Doesn't mean we won't sail with Disney anymore...maybe we're just more selective.

I'm guess sinc last years price was 3100. She was expecting to pay around 2800 to 3000 with her OBB. She going to have to pay 800 to 1000 more then she thought. It's a pretty significant price increase in one year. Wouldn't it be nice if will all had 20 to 25% raises every year to keep up with dcl inflation.

Totally agree with yoU. DCL prices are getting ridiculous. A four day Dream Bahamian Cruise is $3000 for 3 people in feb, which is supposed to be the slow season. In 2013 I paid $1400 for it. Disney is going to price themselves out of clients. Greedy greedy greedy.
Other cruise lines will gladly accept you so us people that find value in Disney can enjoy it. They have yet to price themselves out. The sky the limit. They know it and they sell it well. Adding three more ships, Time will tell.

The time now is DCL is a hot commodity. That goes with the market flow. The economy has increased, the stocks have increased.

JW

Perfectly acceptable to vent! Disney prices continue to rise and it seems perks, service, and food don't necessarily follow the same pattern. But sometimes you're hard pressed to find anyone here who agrees with you. Some posters believe Disney does no wrong. That's fine. Many of us have found that there are great cruises that are NOT Disney. Doesn't mean we won't sail with Disney anymore...maybe we're just more selective.
More selective can mean cheap also. We always hear about the price being so high. Yet. Again. People are willing to pay. If you are not in the ship of it. Then go about your business. Disney isn’t doing anything wrong with the price.

More selective can mean cheap also. We always hear about the price being so high. Yet. Again. People are willing to pay. If you are not in the ship of it. Then go about your business. Disney isn’t doing anything wrong with the price.

No, I don't think selective means cheap at all. More selective means what works best for your family. Disney is doing less and less of that for our family. We're tired of the same itineraries, the same shows, one bitty pool, etc. We've been very happy with the alternatives. And just because something costs less than Disney doesn't mean it's not an excellent product.

Can, sure, but it doesn't mean it has to be. Heaven knows there are some cruises out there priced in ways that would make even DCL blush. ;)

This!!

I'm with you. My youngest son loves DCL and Disney. I'll cruise DCL once a year with him. Luckily I'm married to a man who doesn't mind me taking a trip without him. My oldest will age out of the clubs in a couple of years. When the four of us sail it's going to have to be on another cruiseline. When I price out cruises on DCL for four people I can't pull the trigger. It's almost double from what I paid just a couple of years ago. It's just not worth it.

No Disney isn't doing anything wrong. They can charge whatever the market bears. I'm believe in capitalism I have no problem with that. Where I disagree with you as someone that has cruised other lines is that they are head and shoulders better then other cruiselines. They offer a unique product that appeals to kids and families. As far as food and service there's not a big difference.
You do have to understand for a lot of middle class families that could afford it a few years ago and can no longer afford it it's very disappointing. The markets up my 401k is doing well, I've gotten raises the last few years, but inflation out paces all that. To you maybe being selective means being cheap. I don't consider any cruise on any cruise line cheap. A lot of families can't afford to vacation at all so keep that in mind.

Honestly I'm surprised that Disney traditionally gives the cheapest prices on opening day, they are losing money by doing so.

They should guess the market price and leave it there, lower the price as time goes on should they need to. Worst case they may have to give some folks a refund, so what.

No Disney isn't doing anything wrong. They can charge whatever the market bears. I'm believe in capitalism I have no problem with that. Where I disagree with you as someone that has cruised other lines is that they are head and shoulders better then other cruiselines. They offer a unique product that appeals to kids and families. As far as food and service there's not a big difference.
You do have to understand for a lot of middle class families that could afford it a few years ago and can no longer afford it it's very disappointing. The markets up my 401k is doing well, I've gotten raises the last few years, but inflation out paces all that. To you maybe being selective means being cheap. I don't consider any cruise on any cruise line cheap. A lot of families can't afford to vacation at all so keep that in mind.

That's it, it's supply and demand and we see where the demand is right now. You guys have to continue to get the word out and drive up demand on Carnival and Royal, etc, and away from DCL and maybe the prices will come down and be on par with the other lines.

Honestly I'm surprised that Disney traditionally gives the cheapest prices on opening day, they are losing money by doing so.

They should guess the market price and leave it there, lower the price as time goes on should they need to. Worst case they may have to give some folks a refund, so what.

Losing money? By the time Silvers and the general public get to book, prices have been driven up by people that are just "thinking" about a cruise. Maybe Disney needs to start with a NON-refundable deposit. Disney knows exactly what they are doing by starting the feeding frenzy around their opening day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter