Is this a good deal for Disney Polynesian? Doesn't seem that way...

A

anna26anna

Hi there,
We're travelling to Florida from the UK in April for a couple of weeks. We'd like to spend 4 nights at one of the Disney Hotels, preferably a Deluxe resort. We're organising our own flights, so I just need to book the accommodation separately and want some advice on how to get the best deal on Disney Hotels.

This evening I priced the Disney Polynesian through a UK tour operator, and was a bit shocked at the quote of ($1940/GB£1032) for a room for 4 nights - the most basic room. Are there better prices than this to be found, and if so, where should I look? Doesn't have to be the Polynesian, most any of the deluxe resorts would be lovely. There are just the two of us, no kids.

Also, can someone explain what dates are considered spring break in the U.S. this year? Is it the same as school/college vacation period like Easter break in the UK (approx 20 March - April 3), we'd like to fall outside the busiest period if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Anna

You should really post this over on the Disney Resorts page- you'll be bombarded with answers. Sorry, Im not a Poly person, so I cant tell ya.

www.mousesavers.com will offer discount codes, AAA usually offers 15% off at many times of year and you could try Dreams Unlimited for a Disney World experienced travel agent. http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/

Good luck and have fun. I don't know if you are set on the delux resorts, but you could stay at a moderate or value resort for much less. The moderates can be very nice and with the right view they feel like a delux.
Im a fan of Port Orleans French Quarter, near Epcot and i ask for a water view- I can see horse and carriages go by and the ferry going up and down the river, pool and hot tub are fun after the parks- PO Riverside is styled after mansions and has a lavish feel to it.

Spring Break is typically the second half of March through April. May is a lovely time to go- crowds aren't bad, nice weather, no rain.

Hi Anna :wave: Welcome to the DIS

If you register with us you will be able to post your questions in the relevent sections this will mean that more people will see your questions to get better answers :)

We have a UK Section here on the DIS and we would love for you to join us :)

The problem is you are coming in what Disney considers peak season. Where a Garden room during regular times will go for around $395 a night, during peak season that room can really jump up in price. I would try mousesavers.com and see what they have, also price what would happen if you had an Annual pass and took that discount, if available. If a discount through the AP is available, and is a good discount, and you might want to return for a week before your year is up, it may pay to buy the AP for one in the party to get the discount on the room.

Good luck to you!

Ditto to what has already been said re posting on the resort and/or UK thread...
Prices do rise whenever WDW is busy and spring break really does last through most of April...can you postpone til MAY?

I think the suggestion of AAA and using an Annual Pass discount , if offered, are the best suggestions. But also....for a couple the French Quarter Port Orleans is really delightful...especially with a corner room and a river view.

I just saw the discounts for AP or Fla residents for lodging only and it is good...if you already have tickets and don't care about the meal plans now offered, this is the way to go....except the AP pass is quite a cash outlay. Maybe you could invite someone to meet you there who has an AP ! Like ME, just kidding!!!!
Hope you have a wonderful time!

Colorado Belle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter