Is this a good deal?

we3luvdisney

<font color=blue>I admit it. I am a <font color=pu
A friend has booked a deal at Disney and I told him I would find out if he has a good deal. The package (Expedia) is $2300.00 (summer season) total, for two people, which includes the following:

4 nights at the Poly (Garden View) (room rate is $96.69/night)
Round trip air fare, for both
5 Day car rental (mid size)
Passes (2) for each day (unlimited entry)

Is this a good deal, or are there better deals available? Are there any codes which can beat the room prices?

Is that a typo on the room rate? I ask because, first it's an unheard of price, but secondly if it were correct, they're getting charged an awful lot for airfare, car and tickets.

$2300.00 (summer season) total, for two people, which includes the following:

4 nights at the Poly (Garden View) (room rate is $96.69/night)
Round trip air fare, for both
5 Day car rental (mid size)
Passes (2) for each day (unlimited entry)

Is this a good deal, or are there better deals available? Are there any codes which can beat the room prices?

Okay let me see here- let's assume it's
$97 a night x4 = $388
tickets for five days (assuming you're really going to go on both your travel days) is roughly $300 pp so add $600- now we're up to 1188- a car rental midsize for 5 days can run about $150 with so now we're up to 1338- that leaves almost $1000 for their airline tickets- usually from most cities you can find round trip for about $250 or less with specials- so the trick is to check what current airfare is for his city- and the Poly during summer Garden View would probably never run below $150- more like $180- I'm just guessing a little educated but not much. Now here's where I would save some money
I personally don't have time for an Ultimate park hopper- depending on what their arrival times are I would buy a 3 day park hopper and attend a fun dinner on the first night of my arrival, and maybe a fun character breakfast on my exit day. With three full days- the water parks wouldn't interest me. A 3-day parkhopper is about half of what a ultimate hopper is for 5 days. I also don't see a need for a rental car- we never used ours and transportation is great- a rental limo to and from airport runs about $80. So here's how I'd do it (I am frugal though)
Poly- whatever discount rate I can find
Airfare- keep checking and lock in when it gets under $250
Park tickets- 3-day park hopper
Hoop-de-do-Review + Character breakfast
Limo service to hotel
I think I could do all that for under $2000- HTH!
Tara

UPH for 5 days/4 nights are $265

With only 2 people, you could get by with a smaller car and lower the price of the rental car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter