Is this a good price for tickets?

gottago

Mouseketeer
5 day Park Hopper 202.42 adult/160.45 child? I am getting so confused w/ all of this planning!

That is a very good price. It is better than the discount Disney Club members get on passes.

That is about the same discount I can get for hoppers thru military. Are you sure you want hoppers as opposed to hoppers plus? The plus allows you admittance to Pleasure Island or the water parks.

Carla

Hi gottago!

Just be sure that this price includes tax - which is 6 or 7%. That will make a big difference when comparing prices.

From what I have found, this would save me $81 over DC rates posted on this site for 3 adults, 2 children!!!!! Even if these do not include tax, these look like they are still less than DC (and I can get my membership fee refunded)! Please tell us more! I hope this is available to the rest of us!

WELCOME TO THE DIS PoohFanKC! :)

I just looked at www.floridaorlandotickets.com and their price for an adult 5 day hopper is $216.00. This is including tax. If the price that gottago saw was $202 and you add $14 for the tax you would get the same price.
I would recommend this site. And people have also used www.ticketmania.com and have been very happy. Their prices are essentially the same as FOT. You just have to make sure that you are comparing the same things - prices WITH taxes and then the applicable shipping charges.
I hope that this helps.

We are able to buy them through DH's employer. I guess this is truly a great rate according to the responses. It was the best to my knowledge, but I thought I would ask. My best advice about the rate would be to check w/ your employer. My DH does work for a large corp, so that probably makes a difference. Thanks for your input on the prices!:)

BethR - that is a good point about the taxes and shipping ... that expense should certainly be figured in!

BethR,

Thanks, its nice to be here! Thanks for the links on the tickets.

I am stuck with the dilemma. I am either buying 5 day PHs and one day DQ at discount before I go (but not at as good a price as gottago can get!) OR waiting and buying UPHs at check-in and hoping that I can get the arrival AND departure dates taken off, as we arrive late and depart early. I've done the math and the UPHs would be best, but fear that getting arrival AND departure days off is a bit unrealistic - even if our arrival day is June 1 - Gay Day at MK and night at PI. If I wait and decide against the UPHs, I won't be able to get as low of a discount with just the DC discount for the PHs + DQ.

If someone can tell me that there is just no way to get both arrival and departure days off, then I'll probably buy the discounted 5 day PHs + DQ now from one of the links BethR provided and cancel the DC membership (90 day money back - save $30). This would also allow me to hedge against any price increase that might happen between now and June.

Thoughts????

Poohfan, how long are you staying and where? People have posted that they have been allowed to take off both arrival and departure but I'm counting on one or the other then I won't be too upset if I can't have both. If you are planning in June (we're also going in June) to do DQ, PI, or water parks keeping in mind the park hours are typically longer in June, you would still be better off with the UPH in my opinion. I have reached this conclusion by listening to the oohs and aaahs of my kids as we watch the 100 yrs video or read the WDW for kids by kids book--mine are really looking forward to the water parks and DQ and dh and I want a night out at PI so the hopper +'s just don't give enough oooomph for us. If your family wants to just hit the major sites and hang out at the hotel pool, then the hopper + should do fine.

Carla

We are going June 1 - June 8, but will be in the parks June 2 - June 7. Staying at POR. We are going to skip the water parks and stick with the 4 main parks and DQ. IF we get the five day PHs, we will spend one day playing at DQ, shopping at DD, swimming at the resort, playing mini-golf (came with the Summer Basic Plan) and then watching the fireworks from Contemporary. That's a lot of stuff for a "down day!" If we were able to get the UPHs, we would probably spend the evening in the parks instead of prowling around outside of them.

I have also seen posts where people have gotten BOTH arrival and departure off, but am quite wary, because I have seen just as many where people saw its one or the other, but not both. IF we KNEW that we could get UPHs for just the six days we are in the parks we would do it. Its about a wash cost-wise, but gives some extra flexibility. With our luck, we get the UPHs and the kids will only want to go to DQ once; if we get the PHs and pay for one day admission to DQ, they will want to go back to DQ every day. LOL

Maybe we should stay off site on the arrival day and then check in early in the morning on day two. This way we would only be asking to cut the departure day off the UPH. Although moving might be a hassle that morning, we would get the flexibility and pretty much guarantee that we only have to pay for six day UPHs. OR we can contact the resort and tell them that we will cancel the first night if they don't give us arrival and departure dates off the UPHs. Lots of options, but lots of uncertainty, too.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Yes I can vouch that we purchased 5 day hoppers for $202.42 (including tax) for our Jan. 2002 trip.

4 days are $179.10.

They were purchased through Eastman Kodak. My parent's employer. Employees may purchase up to 20 tickets per calendar year.

Contact Human Resources.

I'm getting the 4 day hoppers for our December trip.

We still have one day left on our previously purchased tickets.

Kim

These are through Kodak for Kodak employees. It comes out to be a 12% discount which is better than DC.

You also have to pre order them online through Kodaks Intranet or over the phone.
The five day hoppers are without any plus options.

This is good to know for our next trip, so thanks gottago!

Can anyone order these tickets, or just employees? This is a better deal than connections. I already ordered my tickets , but you never know when you are going to go back!

Hi juicefruit!

This offer is for employees of Eastman Kodak since they are corporate sponsors of WDW.

Hope that this helps. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter