is this allowed on the plan

Barb0829

Mouseketeer
we are on the DDP (2 adults and 1 child) and my dh has his heart set on le cellier as he LOVES steak. i on the other hand am not a big meat eater at all & nothing on the menu appeals to me other than the soup or salad. i really hate to waste 1 TS credit for a meal that i know i will not like. so we thought DD could get her meal from the kids menu and use one of her TS credits and dh would use 1 TS for his meal, but i could eat his appetizer and then we could share his dessert. (and yes, this would definitley be enough for me for dinner)
would they allow that? i guess it is really no different that sharing an entire meal, which from what i have read on here is allowed.
thanks

Yep,
sharing meal is allowed as long as it's not buffet, AYCE, or family style.
And you can order a side or an appetizer OOP if you would like too.
I have to tell you that Le Cellier has a really good roasted chicken dinner. My DBF isn't a big meat eater (I am :teeth: ), so he ordered it and it was really good.
Their mushroom risotto is also awesome. You could get that as an extra side if you want.

Anyways, I'm sure you'll find something you enjoy there... with or without using your DP credit... :)

Yes, what you have said will work; however, you would come out with more food if you use one of YOUR credits to purchase the second meal.

Even if your DD doesn't like any of the adult entrees, you can still order with an adult credit and just ask for the entree to be an adult-sized portion of a child's menu item. You'll still get your adult-size appetizer and dessert with the meal.

Disney doesn't distinguish between adult and child credits, so it's in your best interest to always max out on adult entrees before you start using credits on children's meals.

As an example, let's say you're in Disney for 6 nights. You'd have a total of 18 TS credits. If you share meals (two adult meals split between the three of you) at all six TS restaurants, then you will have "saved" 6 credits. You can use those 6 credits to make three more ADRs and still order 2 adult entrees at each restaurant. Credits are credits...Disney doesn't know or care if you apply them to an adult meal or a kid's meal. Even if you wanted to order three meals, you could just pay for your DD's kid's meal OOP and then use her credits to buy more adult meals. Buffets are an exception to this sharing rule...if you go to a buffet (which includes most character meals) you'll need to use three credits and buy a meal for each of you.

And now I will wait for the Self-Appointed Disney Ethics Police to come in a preach the moral/ethical ramifications of stealing from Disney by misapplying credits.

Forget the argument about misapplying credits - try calling the restaurant or simply letting them know at check-in that you're a vegetarian (or whatever works for you). Most chefs are happy to discuss an alternative with you and will work with you to come up with something that fits your dietary restrictions (eggs? milk? fish? wheat allergy? etc....). At a place like LeCellier, my guess would be that the veg option would be yummy and this would let you enjoy the whole meal with the family. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter