Is this disgusting or am I overreacting?

Is this gross?

• Yes, this is not acceptable regardless if it was outdoor seating or indoors

Votes: 38 12.3%
  • No, you are overreacting

Votes: 264 85.4%
  • Other, because the DIS says this must be an option

Votes: 7 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I find it gross and rude - and if she had warts on her feet, disgusting and irresponsible. There's a reason you have to keep shoes on in restaurants and stores.

Saw the pic but had to read some responses to find out what the problem was. Lol.

Taking ur flip flops off at some
Outdoor patio place where you sit on plastic furniture is a problem??? Wow. Just wow.

Sorry this is not fine dining by any means and at beach-y type places kicking off the flip flops is the norm.

I don't think I would have ever noticed in the first place. While I wouldn't do it, I don't think it's that big of a deal. Since you pointed it out, it looks like she's got short legs and they probably don't touch the ground when seated. She is probably only comfortable with her feet propped instead of dangling.

i don't want to sound rude to anyone, but come on guys lmao....

she's just a little girl and possibly took her shoes off because they might have been uncomfortable. to OP: yes you are completely overreacting (in regards to the picture). i don't know any context of the situation, but based on the picture it's completely fine.

also, this thread is an absolute mess; people are arguing with one another and putting words in other people's mouths. most of you are adults-- please act like one.

I think it's inappropriate in a restaurant. It you are home in your living room eating, fine. At a restaurant I think shirts and shoes stay on.

Now, I will say that I hate seeing peoples feet so maybe I am overly sensitive to it. I used to work at a call center and the girl who sat at the desk behind me used to slip her shoes off. I could always tell because the smell would hit me. I would turn around and sure enough her shoes were off. I think at a restaurant it's just proper etiquette to leave shoes on. The feet on the chair don't bother me, I would just prefer her shoes be on. LOL!

she's just a little girl and possibly took her shoes off because they might have been uncomfortable. to OP: yes you are completely overreacting (in regards to the picture). i don't know any context of the situation, but based on the picture it's completely fine.

also, this thread is an absolute mess; people are arguing with one another and putting words in other people's mouths. most of you are adults-- please act like one.
It's the Community Board..as long as things don't get too out of hand it's par for the course here. This thread is extremely tame IMO compared to some.

I wouldn’t put my feet on the chair, and I think it’s kinda gross, but not enough to take a picture of it.

Way over-reacting. Those are outdoor chairs; birds probably poop on them frequently. Bare feet are nothing compared to that, unless they have odor issues and you are sitting within sniffing range.

I didn't see the original photo, but if that's a little girl she has some unusual parents, because the discarded shoes have heels at least 3" high, and there also seems to be a cocktail at that place on the table.

I don’t think she’s a young girl.

And nope, I find it too hard to act like an adult 100% of the time.

A lot wrong there. Young woman over weight wearing those shoes. Probably eating high calorie food. Long pants would be better. Unkempt hair practically in her food. Shoes off. And on furniture. Must not have had a good example at home growing up. Has no care to her appearance.

A lot wrong there. Young woman over weight wearing those shoes. Probably eating high calorie food. Long pants would be better. Unkempt hair practically in her food. Shoes off. And on furniture. Must not have had a good example at home growing up. Has no care to her appearance.

Whoa...

Man I hope no one ever snaps a picture of me when I am out minding my own business and posts it on the internet. :scared:

1) Where are her manners? I also hate when we are driving and I see a passenger with feet on the dash or hanging out the window.
It bothers you to see another car with a passenger with feet on the dash? Don't drive past us on a long road trip. :scared1:

Way over-reacting. Those are outdoor chairs; birds probably poop on them frequently. Bare feet are nothing compared to that, unless they have odor issues and you are sitting within sniffing range.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner!

Perspective, people!

Oh Art, never change lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter