Is Transformers 3D Ride bumpy, rough etc?

Huff

DIS Veteran
How is Universals new Transformers Ride? Two of us have tender backs. Rides like the old Back to the Future or newer Simpson really shook us around aggravating a bad back.

Most rides are not a problem such as Jurrasic Park or pretty much all rides at Disneyland except perhaps Indy.

So how bad is Transformers ride?

It is much more like Indy than Jurassic Park. Quite bumpy. Not scary.

Just got back. Transformers is a great fun ride, loved it! It is indeed a bit rough but not too bad. Simpons is far worse for shaking your back around.

It is not a roller coaster. It is more like Forbidden Journey, if you've been on that. If you've been on the Spiderman ride at Islands of Adventure, it is the same mechanical setup/track.

You are in a small vehicle that moves along a track, but it is not a roller coaster track. I thought it was relatively smooth, but I guess some people here disagree with me. The movement is primarily 'felt' because of the visuals that you see during the ride. You will go backward and forward, but it is not very fast. There is one point where you are supposed to be 'falling', but the movement is relatively slow. I didn't think it was a rough ride at all. Of course, I'm a roller coaster junkie. ;)

But yeah, nowhere near as fast as the Mummy or Space Mountain, nowhere as bumpy as a simulator ride (like Simpsons or Star Tours).

helenb said:
It is not a roller coaster. It is more like Forbidden Journey, if you've been on that. If you've been on the Spiderman ride at Islands of Adventure, it is the same mechanical setup/track.

You are in a small vehicle that moves along a track, but it is not a roller coaster track. I thought it was relatively smooth, but I guess some people here disagree with me. The movement is primarily 'felt' because of the visuals that you see during the ride. You will go backward and forward, but it is not very fast. There is one point where you are supposed to be 'falling', but the movement is relatively slow. I didn't think it was a rough ride at all. Of course, I'm a roller coaster junkie. ;)

But yeah, nowhere near as fast as the Mummy or Space Mountain, nowhere as bumpy as a simulator ride (like Simpsons or Star Tours).

I don't like roller coasters but I loved forbidden journey & the spiderman ride. Theey were not bumpy or fast to me.

I don't like roller coasters but I loved forbidden journey & the spiderman ride. Theey were not bumpy or fast to me.

If you like the Spiderman ride then you will be just fine. It is mechanically identical to Transformers. They even shoot water/have fire blasts in the same place. My understanding is that they built Transformers tat way on purpose, because they're waiting for Disney to pull the plug on the Marvel rides at IoA. When that happens, they will convert the Spiderman ride into the Transformers ride at IoA.

If you like the Spiderman ride then you will be just fine. It is mechanically identical to Transformers. They even shoot water/have fire blasts in the same place. My understanding is that they built Transformers tat way on purpose, because they're waiting for Disney to pull the plug on the Marvel rides at IoA. When that happens, they will convert the Spiderman ride into the Transformers ride at IoA.

They won't be converting Spiderman into Transformers. They have a whole new building across the street from Twister for Transformers. It should be opening within the next couple months.

They won't be converting Spiderman into Transformers. They have a whole new building across the street from Twister for Transformers. It should be opening within the next couple months.

Really? I did not know that. Thanks for the update!

Rode it last July. Did not like.

Too much going on at once for this old brain to process. lol

It was a little bumpy but not bad. not near as bad as Indy IMO and even a little less than Simpsons.

Well I am definately gonna check it out because imo I think they were the best 2 rides I have ever been on... I can't wait now!!!

I thought it was very smooth, all things considered.

I went on it last summer. Was not impressed for all the hype, but I'm not a huge fan of the movies so maybe that was it.

It's like Indy or Star Tours in terms of jerkiness...maybe not quite as bad, but not exactly gentle. In my opinion not worth risking your back, but that's a decision everyone has to make for themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter