Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

I personally think the Island Tower could be the most expensive option. Why heavily incentivize it if you are going to do great sales at the start either way? Correct me if I’m wrong, but they didn’t heavy incentivize the cabins when they launched, sure looks like they could benefit from HEAVY incentives

Unless something is different for tower license approval, we may not see tower sales being until August.

Still no timeshare license (PVB update or any new DVD timeshare) on DBPR. May be private, but they haven't done this in the past.
To give an idea, CFW timeshare license was around October 12th as seen in this link https://www.myfloridalicense.com/licenseRelation.asp?SID=&licid=2361077
Or CFW license date could be classified as October 20, 2023 as seen https://www.myfloridalicense.com/LicenseDetail.asp?SID=&id=9AD4ED51BAE55D10E8DC879D0F11D9D4

Sales of CFW started February 1 (roughly 3.5 months later).

CFW was the shortest license approval to sales window going back to at least the original VGF.

I believe the timeshare license has always been at 1-3 months before the Orange County Comptroller condo related documents show up.

Here is a link to the DBPR PVB timeshare additional information page. This is the page many of us expect will be updated first with the license/POS update. https://www.myfloridalicense.com/AdditionalInfo.asp?SID=&licid=5886708

Unless something is different for tower license approval, we may not see tower sales being until August.

Still no timeshare license (PVB update or any new DVD timeshare) on DBPR. May be private, but they haven't done this in the past.
To give an idea, CFW timeshare license was around October 12th as seen in this link https://www.myfloridalicense.com/licenseRelation.asp?SID=&licid=2361077
Or CFW license date could be classified as October 20, 2023 as seen https://www.myfloridalicense.com/LicenseDetail.asp?SID=&id=9AD4ED51BAE55D10E8DC879D0F11D9D4

Sales of CFW started February 1 (roughly 3.5 months later).

CFW was the shortest license approval to sales window going back to at least the original VGF.

I believe the timeshare license has always been at 1-3 months before the Orange County Comptroller condo related documents show up.

Here is a link to the DBPR PVB timeshare additional information page. This is the page many of us expect will be updated first with the license/POS update. https://www.myfloridalicense.com/AdditionalInfo.asp?SID=&licid=5886708
Is that how it worked with VGF BPK?

Is that how it worked with VGF BPK?
Yes, this has been the process.
Even VDH license approval shows up in DBPR (I believe it's required if they want to sell VDH to anyone located in Florida).

Here is the link to the VGF timeshare license additional info.
License approved 7/16/21.
https://www.myfloridalicense.com/AdditionalInfo.asp?SID=&licid=5512485

BPKLicense.png

occompt started showing the Master Declaration on 2/4/22. Reading the actual documents, they were dated 1/12/22. (Delay is paperwork and the county comptroller recording.

It's possible the license is being private/hidden or they have a way to expedite things for the tower. However, they have used this same approach for some time. Also, they didn't change the approach for BPK or CFW. I can't see a reason for them to do things different now that they put the tower is part of PVB in writing.

Others have mentioned they could delay points until 2025, which allows them to get cash bookings during the expensive December season.

I don’t ever remember fireworks more than once per night except New Years Eve. What I miss is the night parade. That’s been gone from WDW for a long time.
We did MK after hours party 2 months ago. I was surprised we got a bonus fireworks show. 2 sets that night.

First MK had Happily Ever After. About 2 hours later they ran Enchantment fireworks.

It added value to those tickets! I could run 10 foot circles in the hub during the show 🤣 Everybody was SPREAD out.

I've been reading posts that indicate the recent news of tower addition to PVB being confirmed in Disney Files seems to mimic resale prices when BPK was announced for VGF. I understand tower (full room types added to studios/bungalow) is different than BPK (hotel studios added to full room type VGF), but it seems similar.

I'm not going to word this very well, but hopefully people understand what I'm trying to ask.

When BPK sales started, wasn't it similar to the tower addition in terms of far fewer years than the original VGF?
How was BPK priced compared to other resorts at the time?
Any thoughts on whether comparing BPK addition to VGF vs tower addition to PVB is reasonable?

When BPK went on sale, it matched base price of RIV and AUL….but there wasn’t any other active resort selling at a different price,

Now, you do have VDH priced differently than the others, so there are two base prices to choose from. That is why it’s different and why I think there is a chance it matched VDH…

But, they will have incentives to bring it back down…plus, starting it there, means they can raise the others to eventually to meet it in the next year

I personally think the Island Tower could be the most expensive option. Why heavily incentivize it if you are going to do great sales at the start either way? Correct me if I’m wrong, but they didn’t heavy incentivize the cabins when they launched, sure looks like they could benefit from HEAVY incentives
I've read it theorized that because very few of the cabins are actually close to being complete, they didn't want sales to go bananas. Who knows. 🤷‍♀️

I expect the Island Tower to be in the top-tier of cost, but not far off the current prices. Some people have theorized their base pricing may be $275, $289 - and that seems like a wild jump compared to the current top $239 pp base price.

"Currently, the resort has 484 non-timeshare standard rooms, plus 360 DVC studios and 20 DVC overwater bungalows, in nearly a dozen longhouses. The Island Tower will add 268 DVC rooms to the resort."

Large, but on par with Grand Floridian. Just less places to eat.

I wonder now if the reason for the higher base pricing at VDH is because they expected to sell so many 100 point contracts (due to it only having 2 parks), and they wanted to maximize revenue on them.

If that’s the case then I think we’d see Poly v2 at the Riv/CFW price

Maybe it’s wishful thinking I can’t see Poly matching VDH full price instead of its active WDW competition. VDH is different demographics, onsite options, length of trips, etc. Poly would look more enticing by matching the price to active WDW, and they can just put better incentives on the others to push those potential buyers. Better optics all around.

Poly at $239 or $249pp would hurt the conversation in DVC communities. The negativity would be much less at $225, and would they really need more per point to make big profits on a ~40yr contract in a high point resort. If RIV goes to $230 then match it, but putting Poly start price higher than RIV also gives the impression RIV is less desirable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter