Islands of Adventure bonus time question

disneyfanfl

Earning My Ears
Never one to lick a gift horse in the mouth, I wanted to throw a question out for some Universal/Islands of Adventure experts or employees (cast?). We were at IOA Saturday the 19rh and the park closed at 7. I got off of Hulk at ten 'til 7 and ran to Spidey. When we got off of Spidey we were suprised to see trains hurtling out of the tunnel on Hulk. We were allowed in line at 7:20 and finally booted off at a quarter 'til 8.

The hostess said that "we close at 7 but they told me to keep it going for a while". Who makes such a decision? Why might they have done that? Just wondering, here, I certainly loved it!

That was YOU running through the park??? LOL, just kidding!

Perhaps with the larger crowds today, they decided to keep it open a little extra, I know that with both parks closing at the same time, the flow (herd!) of people heading to the parking lots at 7 was very heavy, (no, I didn't just say heavy flow!!! :eek: ) for a good 45 minutes...maybe it was their way of staggering it ever so slightly?
I don't think it broke down at any point...and the line was never so ridiculous that it wasn't manageble (30 min), so those theories would be out...

I think they should/could have been open just a bit later (8?) since it's a holiday weekend and the crowds were bigger...they must have felt it would be worth it to run it a little later.

Or, maybe they can't tell time? Or, it could be that they're just so darn nice at IOA!;)

Sorry, I'm not much help...I'm too tired to be anything but annoying! LOL
Earl? Tell us why, ok? :D

Karen

The ride may close at 7 but they wait until all the people who have stood in line to ride at the fron have ridden. If you looked at the cars you would have noticed that only the front row was full on each launch.

that makes me wonder- why does universal not do what busch gardens does? close the front and back 30 min before the park closes?

Ok, given the replies I've had, let me add the following:
- I do know the ride wasn't still running to let people in line go through. There was no line at this point and the front line was closed, they weren't letting anyone ride there and kept it empty while they loaded the rest of the train.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter