Isn't it interesting!

How cool would it be if SSR had another element that makes Saratoga a great place... Ponies... Think of the possibilities!

BTW, I have 250 points at BWV and 150 points a BCV and my favorite resort is OKW... My fiance and I don't go to the parks that often when we go down and we like the 'Village-like' atmosphere...

I am consiering an Add-=On and debating whether to get at SSR or ALK.

Thank you for bringing this back on topic! .......and I couldn't agree more that the lack of savanna view rooms at SSR makes it a vastly inferior resort than the other DVCs! :rolleyes1

Ok, now that's funny. :lmao:

As for the pool, from the schematic it looked like the pool area was on the opposite side from the savanna. Pool, then DVC, then savannah, then the lodge. Someone correct me.

There are plans for a second DTD type of project near the new road that was just completed.

Yes, I've heard that from my guide. It's just in studying the map it looks like that's an area you have to drive or bus to for a visit. More something for the offsite westerners to get to than a draw for onsite guests. Of course, if they do build another DTD area there, I think we could see another DVC nearby. I think I'd rather they had a 5th park instead.

Oh and yes, the proposed restaurant at AKV sounds worthy of a visit. Floor to ceiling windows with a savanna view. That's something even the famed Boma's doesn't give you.

Maybe they could add a character meal to the DVC restaurant. It could be Mickey & Minnie in Safari gear with Timon & Rafiki there as well. They could probably come up with a costume for a Simba & Nala.

I agree completely with bobbiwoz......AK doesn't give me the feeling of "completeness" that VWL does, but, it does come close....much closer than any other DVC resort has. I can't imagine just sitting in the lobbies of OKW,
BC, BWV, or SSR for more than 10 or 15 minutes, but, guess what ......could sit for a few hours in either WL or AKL. Granted, SSR and OKW are really not true lobbies. I think AKV will come pretty close to the feeling of "Welcome Home" that only VWL currently gives me.

Thank you for bringing this back on topic! .......and I couldn't agree more that the lack of savanna view rooms at SSR makes it a vastly inferior resort than the other DVCs! :rolleyes1

WAIT!
I think maybe I had a savannah view room my last SSR stay. I was enjoying the peace and quiet, sitting on my lovely downtown disney view balcony, when suddenly a pack of wild animals appeared. It was late at night. They were wandering toward SSR from pleasure island. They appeared to be young males. I don't think they were dangerous, but they did smell funny! :teeth:

I am so hyped about the AKV! To think that even value rooms could give you a chance to have a savannah view it's even more exciting! I think that's what Diane is saying, isn't it??:rotfl:

Our points are in our account, yes, we really do have 675 DVC points!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Yay, Bobbi!!! Congrats!!!

:cool1:

Yay, Bobbi!!! Congrats!!!

:cool1:

Thanks Beca, and I'm sure you're very pleased with your decision to stay put with your beloved BCV! We're looking forward to meeting you there, someday..hopefully!

Bobbi
:goodvibes

WAIT!
I think maybe I had a savannah view room my last SSR stay. I was enjoying the peace and quiet, sitting on my lovely downtown disney view balcony, when suddenly a pack of wild animals appeared. It was late at night. They were wandering toward SSR from pleasure island. They appeared to be young males. I don't think they were dangerous, but they did smell funny! :teeth:

:rotfl:

I had the same experience from my Boardwalk view room... only the animals were migrating from Jellyrolls!

As someone who owns at SSR and has been all over the buzz of AKV, I'm going to share my perspective. AKL being an already built resort has a following in those of us that have stayed there and loved it. When we toured SSR there was no pre-buzz because we had no idea what it would be like. Hard to get excited when you have no idea of what the reality will be. But once we saw SSR we fell in love and gladly bought there. Yes, we're adding on another 105 points at AKV, but we can't wait for our first trip home to SSR this October. The lack of buzz on SSR had nothing to do with it being inferior, more a lack of prior knowledge.

And for all those worrying about us SSR owners taking up space at your resort. We bought where we wanted to stay. I've rented at VWL and may return in the future, but prefer AKV for the rustic stay. We have zero interest in BWV or OKW. And sometime in the future may stay at BCV to see what the hype is about, but we're not big fans of the area, so can't see doing it on a regular basis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter