Isn't it interesting!

Well Congrats on your family addition! Now if the the other add-on's where that easy to do!

Easy!!! :lmao: I don't know about you, but bringing my little "add-on" into this world was one of the hardest things I have ever done (well, except for raising the little munchkin)!!!

I remember, a friend (yep, a man) whose wife was pg with their second child, an "oops" once said to me, "Yeah, well I am in no hurry to see him born. They're so much easier to care for when they are still inside Momma's tummy." The MISTAKE this man made, was that I was 8 months into a pre-eclamptic pregnancy....my blood pressure was out of control, I was retaining MUCH fluid, and my little "add-on" had an affinity for kicking my groin from the inside. That poor man....I don't think he will ever say anything like that again. :rotfl: I still cannot believe I said some of the things to him that I actually said!!!

My add-ons via DVC were MUCH easier than the "other kind"....but, not nearly as enjoyable....most of the time!!!;)

Jenn.....I'm wishing you all the best with this "add-on".

Whew! You had me worried for a second there, Beca. I just can't imagine you staying anywhere except BCV.

Sorry to worry you!!! :rotfl:

Every once and awhile dh and I will talk, and one of us will say, "Maybe next time, we'll try (name of varied resort here). Then, we look at each other and burst out laughing :lmao: .

Yep...we have a problem....we know it.....but, we're like an addict who REALLY loves his/her vice. I hope it is an addiction I NEVER get cured!!!

Sorry to worry you, though!!! :hug:

LOL, I guess maybe the "buzz" about AKV isn't as great as I thought it was!!! Looks like SSR is still the greater buzz.

Sad isn't it Diane? Why do people feel that they have to bash another resort? Why do they think that because it doesn't appeal to them that it doesn't appeal to anyone?

I think the "buzz" over AKV (man I don't like that, it really sseems that is should be VAKL) is fabulous. I will eventually add on there but I am in no hurry to do it. I think it will be a great addition to DVC. Then again AK is mine & my DD's favorite park with the MK being a very close second!

I can already see the bashing of AKV though. Sure there are a lot of people that love the AKL but you know it is so far from all the parks and there are those stinky animals.

For some reason we have gotten completely backwards as a society. We would much rather complain about the things we don't like, no matter how miniscual they are, then be thankful for the many blessings we have been given! Honestly everyone that has the priviledge of owning DVC should be very thankful that they have such a blessed life!

Sad isn't it Diane? Why do people feel that they have to bash another resort? Why do they think that because it doesn't appeal to them that it doesn't appeal to anyone?

I think the "buzz" over AKV (man I don't like that, it really sseems that is should be VAKL) is fabulous. I will eventually add on there but I am in no hurry to do it. I think it will be a great addition to DVC. Then again AK is mine & my DD's favorite park with the MK being a very close second!

I can already see the bashing of AKV though. Sure there are a lot of people that love the AKL but you know it is so far from all the parks and there are those stinky animals.

For some reason we have gotten completely backwards as a society. We would much rather complain about the things we don't like, no matter how miniscual they are, then be thankful for the many blessings we have been given! Honestly everyone that has the priviledge of owning DVC should be very thankful that they have such a blessed life!

how true!

I figure it's more of Round 2 of that fight. Before it was the anti-SSR crowd who complained pretty much uncontested. Now the pro-SSR crowd is gathering and fighting back. Humans do like controversy. Pretty much explains Survivor.

Perhaps we should just have a DVC Resort bash free-for-all thread and then we can rip apart each one and see the supporters come out with the return volleys. Should make interesting :surfweb: popcorn:: entertainment.:lmao:

I figure it's more of Round 2 of that fight. Before it was the anti-SSR crowd who complained pretty much uncontested. Now the pro-SSR crowd is gathering and fighting back.

Funny how it seems to be predominately non-owners at SSR who want to change it. :confused3

Funny how it seems to be predominately non-owners at SSR who want to change it. :confused3

And anti-DTDers. Still not sure how DTD is the "least Disney". I consistently find more things to see and do at DTD than other resort areas, including and especially Boardwalk. I loathe the parking lot at DTD, but walking around there is the best free entertainment on the property. Last year, I had a grand ol' time celebrating Cinco de Mayo in PI, no pass required.

The one thing that disturbs me about AKV is its lack of anything free nearby. It's just animals, Animals, ANIMALS 24/7. Lovely for a 2-3 day trip extension, but I think I'd get mighty bored with a longer stay.

I'm still wondering how building in that Western Way area helps. According to the map the Western Way is still north of AKV/AKL/AK and a bus/car ride away.

Dang, everything I do to keep this thread on track with the original topic seems to get lost.

I do have a bit of news from speaking to my guide about AKV today though.

All classes of rooms at AKV will have savanna view rooms! I think that's a big one. While you can request savanna view in any room class, it will only be guaranteed in Savanna or club. There will, however, be plenty of savanna view rooms in the other catagories, but it wont be a reservable booking there. That's one of the gambles you take when booking for fewer points.

Dang, everything I do to keep this thread on track with the original topic seems to get lost.

All classes of rooms at AKV will have savanna view rooms! I think that's a big one. While you can request savanna view in any room class, it will only be guaranteed in Savanna or club. There will, however, be plenty of savanna view rooms in the other catagories, but it wont be a reservable booking there. That's one of the gambles you take when booking for fewer points.

Diane?

Hi Diane?

I'm sorry but could you please speak up?

What news do you have? :confused3 Something about going to a viewing in Savannah, I'm sorry

-Tony

Good Clean Frog Jokes.....

http://boyscouttrail.com/content/joke/joke-1472.asp

We have actually stayed at AKL once before and we did not have a savanna view room. We booked it late and they were all already reserved. We did however have a pool view room and you know what, we loved it! There are so many places at the resort to view the animals that it really didn't matter to us.

I hope that they do the same for the villas. Several neat little sitting areas that have savanna views would be great, kinda like the Iron Spike room & the proch at the WLV's. I hope they also put in something like the story tellers area at the villa's that they have at the lodge.

And how about the community hall here? Can you imagine the possiblities for activities at this place. Wow, I am getting myself allexcited about a stay here just thinking about it.

Personally I am ready to start having those relaxing vacations that do not involve going into a park every day. Now if I can only convince my daughter that is a good idea!

P.S. I'll try to help keep your thread on track, even if I nshould not actually be on here right now!

We have actually stayed at AKL once before and we did not have a savanna view room. We booked it late and they were all already reserved. We did however have a pool view room and you know what, we loved it! There are so many places at the resort to view the animals that it really didn't matter to us.

I hope that they do the same for the villas. Several neat little sitting areas that have savanna views would be great, kinda like the Iron Spike room & the proch at the WLV's. I hope they also put in something like the story tellers area at the villa's that they have at the lodge.

And how about the community hall here? Can you imagine the possiblities for activities at this place. Wow, I am getting myself allexcited about a stay here just thinking about it.

Personally I am ready to start having those relaxing vacations that do not involve going into a park every day. Now if I can only convince my daughter that is a good idea!

P.S. I'll try to help keep your thread on track, even if I nshould not actually be on here right now!

My guide said there will be a lot of commons area places with savanna views. This would include the restaurant, lobby etc. I didn't find out if the pool had a savanna view, but I know the one at the lodge does, so I'm assuming that is true at AKV too.

Thank you for bringing this back on topic! .......and I couldn't agree more that the lack of savanna view rooms at SSR makes it a vastly inferior resort than the other DVCs! :rolleyes1

I am so hyped about the AKV! To think that even value rooms could give you a chance to have a savannah view it's even more exciting! I think that's what Diane is saying, isn't it??:rotfl:

Our points are in our account, yes, we really do have 675 DVC points!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I am so hyped about the AKV! To think that even value rooms could give you a chance to have a savannah view it's even more exciting! I think that's what Diane is saying, isn't it??:rotfl:

Our points are in our account, yes, we really do have 675 DVC points!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Yes, that's what I'm saying, Bobbi! Now, he did not say the percentage of value rooms had savanna view, but it sounds like it is enough to make in a good chance. Actually, with 78% of all the villas having savanna view, that means there aren't very many non-savanna view rooms! Kind of like at OKW where most of the rooms have golf course or water view, and a few have woods views.

I'm still wondering how building in that Western Way area helps. According to the map the Western Way is still north of AKV/AKL/AK and a bus/car ride away.

There are plans for a second DTD type of project near the new road that was just completed.

Yes, that's what I'm saying, Bobbi! Now, he did not say the percentage of value rooms had savanna view, but it sounds like it is enough to make in a good chance. Actually, with 78% of all the villas having savanna view, that means there aren't very many non-savanna view rooms! Kind of like at OKW where most of the rooms have golf course or water view, and a few have woods views.

That really is good news! More bang for the buck....er points!

The one thing that disturbs me about AKV is its lack of anything free nearby. It's just animals, Animals, ANIMALS 24/7. Lovely for a 2-3 day trip extension, but I think I'd get mighty bored with a longer stay.

Well, it's no DTD, but if the main lodge is accessible to members, they seem to have something going on over there all the time. They have kids programs and even a few tours for adults, I believe. My kids loved decorating cookies at Boma, especially. It doesn't have the depth of having a park or downtown nearby, but we could have easily kept quite busy at the lodge programs for a few days. Some were better than others, but they were all free!

Now, I am wondering if there is any buzz out there about the restaurant that is going in. Is there a thread on that somewhere that I have missed?

We've had the room on the Giraffe trail that has the best view of the bus stop and we still are happy that we stayed 2 nights at the AKL once. We've stayed at other resorts and took a ride over to AKL to sit in the common area and see the animals. We've never eaten at either restaurant. (It did seem too much bother, but if we're staying there, well, it's going to happen!) We've enjoyed walking around the pool talking to the guides who were so happy to tell us abour their homeland and the animals we were seeing.

I do not get the same feeling of "completeness" that I get at VWL. But it's the only other resort that we've ever gone out of our way to spend an hour or two at while at WDW. AK may only be a 1/2 day park for many people, but it's probably the one constant in our trips, the safari is a "must do" for me. I cannot wait to have the safari be right outside my window!!!!(And yes, even a possibility for a value room!) However, I am one of the people who will TRY to book concierge or savannah exclusively.

:banana: :banana: :banana: Bobbi :banana: :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter