Issue with wearing masks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arguetafamily

Mouseketeer
I have read some reports and boards, people are up in arms about having to wear face masks at Disneysprings, and more than likely required at the resorts and parks.
That being said since we all clearly have a vested interest being DVC holders - Does this requirement affect or bother you? Have some members gone as far as to sell their contracts?

I personally have no problem with this definitely temporary mandate. Even if it's one year from now, there will he a vaccine, treatment, herd immunity, something of that nature.
Since I live in California and we are not opening, what feels like anything, anytime soon, I personally can't wait to get out of here and experience ANY type of Disney magic.

I'm not interested in paying lots of money to go on vacation if I have to wear a mask, I'd rather just go somewhere else or stay home (there are no mask requirements where I live). So I'm hoping that the mask requirements at WDW will be gone by next year. I'm more concerned over what the airlines are going to do.

If we go we wear masks. Mostly we won't go if nothing is open. Disney has a disclaimer out now about visiting.

I have read some reports and boards, people are up in arms about having to wear face masks at Disneysprings, and more than likely required at the resorts and parks.
That being said since we all clearly have a vested interest being DVC holders - Does this requirement affect or bother you? Have some members gone as far as to sell their contracts?

I personally have no problem with this definitely temporary mandate. Even if it's one year from now, there will he a vaccine, treatment, herd immunity, something of that nature.
Since I live in California and we are not opening, what feels like anything, anytime soon, I personally can't wait to get out of here and experience ANY type of Disney magic.
It's not going to be a long term thing. I don't think masks are going to be mandatory for six months much less a year. If it bothered me a lot, I would just bank my points and go back after COVID isn't a problem anymore.

I’m fine with a mask. We are in Illinois and wear them all the time. I don’t get the big deal.
Because there’s a big difference between May in Illinois and July in Central Florida.

That’s the big deal.

In addition, just because you don’t have trouble wearing a mask that doesn’t mean that others don’t. I’m fine wearing a mask in chilly PA. My husband has a lot of difficulty breathing thru one. We’re all different. Capisce?

Does this requirement affect or bother you? Have some members gone as far as to sell their contracts?
Doesn't bother me. It is required of my job so I am used to it. We practice mask wearing at home - during our infrequent visits from relatives we all keep our distance and we (kids included) wear masks. But my husband and I both work with Covid positive patients so we pose more of a risk to others. It has become more of the norm for grocery shopping and I am happy to see most people wearing them.

I think mask wearing can be problematic for those traveling in the intense heat and humidity of the summer. We had a July trip planned and with the fact that we were traveling with my in-law although healthy are in their 70's. We pushed off our trip to November. So 2 benefits there - We will have a better handle on what the parks are doing and assuming mask wearing is required at least it won't be so hot and humid.

As for selling, if someone was on the fence about selling this might push them to sell. For most this is a bump in the road and is not a long term factor that we will have to deal with.

I ordered special Mandalorian face mask and a Chewbacca one that look like the bottom half of their face/helmet just for Disney. My travel party and I have decided we'll have themed mask days like we used to have themed shirt days (pirate, Star Wars, Fab Five, etc). Everyone will coordinate but not be matching/wearing the same one.
We'll be required to wear them at work anyways, so by the time our next trip rolls around, we'll be used to it. :rolleyes:

I wear a mask whenever I go out, except this morning when I was going into WalMart and the elastic came unstitched. On a side note, super glue fixed it nicely. I hope the pre-ordered Disney masks come in July, like they are supposed to. They look well made. Wearing a mask at Disney wouldn't bother me, but I'm sure it would be a bit warm in the summer...but still I'd wear it.

Last edited:
I couldn't wear what mask I had on in the Walmart for more than ten minutes without getting so hot I took it off. Now it was like a painters mask, not a N95 or anything. But I just couldn't do it. I could wear it in and out of the Dollar General, or somewhere really quick. But I sure won't wear one on vacation. I will stay home.

Masks protect against bacteria NOT virus so there really is no point to wearing them. It has nothing to do with respect of others. It has to do with truth. People that wear masks tend to ignore the social distancing which is the more important "rule" to follow. They also touch their face a ton more which puts them at a bigger chance of catching the virus.

I live in IL and we do NOT wear them everywhere. You should not be wearing them outside in open spaces or while exercising. I do wear one in the grocery store because they require them (although they don't seem to enforce it so I might skip it next time)

Once the temperature hits 77 degrees (a study that came out on Sunday) the virus dies very easily. Florida is above that temperature a great deal of the year.

I will still be coming in September if the rule is still there because we would loose a lot of our points if we don't. Also we've already had a lot of vacations canceled due to this virus. It's safer for us to be in FL than in IL due to the higher temperatures. We will wear a mask if required but will also be taking it off when we need to breathe and for pictures and definitely won't be wearing it to the pool (so not safe!).

The MOST important thing to do to prevent getting this virus is WASH YOUR HANDS!

I would not visit the parks if masks are required. My oldest daughter complains she’s too hot at 11:00 am as is. My 8 year old would never keep it on and my youngest would not either.

I have about 100 expiring points that need to be used by October. My wife and I decided to cancel our summer family trip and do a night in September with just us in a Copper Creek cabin.

We are planning on doing a family trip next June or July. Hopefully things will be back normal by then.

Nope. Not at all. I am willing to still go and enjoy things as much as I can with whatever requirement they put in place
I am all for going to Disney. I think the humidity and the reduced flow of oxygen from wearing a mask, might be a bit much for people. I also wonder how you can eat and drink with the mask provision in place?

We're in Texas, so similar weather to Florida. I'm not thrilled about wearing a mask. It has nothing to do with government or whether you think it's healthy or not. It has everything to do with comfort and heat/humidity. It's just yuck! We wear them when we go to the grocery store or when we pick up food...our state is open, but we're not still not super comfortable venturing out to restaurants. I can't imagine wearing them all day in the parks, much less keeping one on my child. That's my biggest concern. We moved our trip from July to March due to all the unknowns with what will be open and required. We had to make a decision by the end of this month in order to bank points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter