It this a good price for a Dollar 2 wk rental?

tcjp4me

Earning My Ears
I have been reading up on all of your great travel tips on this board along with the cruise and wl resort board to. I tried several of the codes listed - fish fvg mcc and entertain was the best rate overall. I booked a full size for 2wks for 350, from dollar.We usually drive a minivan down but I couldn't see paying the extra 150.00 for it to just sit at the pier while we are on the cruise. Does anyone know the truck size on a intrepid or full size? Do you think there will be enough room for 2wks worth of luggage, there is 3 in our party traveling.Thanks for any help you might give me !:) :Pinkbounc

The trunk space on the Intrepid is rather large. I think it is advertised at holding more than 18 cubic feet. Plus, if need be, since there are only 3 of you, you can put some luggage on the back seat if you have to. I would think the Intrepid would be big enough for your needs.

We rented that car from Dollar in June and the trunck was hugh!! There was 4 of us and it all fit in the trunk for the first time!
Did you use Entertain code....full size $126 per week times two with tax $328 total. The prices went down yesterday and these are some of the best prices I have seen in a while! Used code in June no problem and arrive next Friday using code again.

Yes I did type in "entertain" in the promo field on the web page but I received a rate of 175 per week-maybe because we have to p/u at the airport?? I am also on their e-mail discount list,so I guess I will just watch the rates and see if they get any cheaper,and of course I'm sure I will find out first on these wonderful DIS boards!!:D :)

tcjp4me, it may depend on when you are travelling. During higher volume seasons, or periods the rates may be slighly higher than during other times, even with the Entertain code.. It really shouldn't matter that it is an airport pickup.. Many times those are cheaper then when you rent from an off airport site because they don't have as much direct competition as they do in the airport.

I have been following the discounts on these boards for every trip to WDW over the past several years. We have a Full size rental for next month with an airport pick up in Orlando for $126 per week (and one extra day @ $32). TOTAL estimated charges are $205 for 8 days. We've rented Intrepids several times before and the trunks are big! I don't think you'll have a problem and the Entertain rate can't be beat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter