It Was the Best of Times, It Was the Worst of Times. updated 4/18. The end!

Lorrie, you really have had a horrid year! :eek:

I knew about your ankle and your granddaughter, but didn't know about your aunt/uncle. That is just awful. You truly needed this vacation!!!

I remember when we used to drive from Chicago...took 2 days to get there...we'd stop in Tennessee and then drive the rest of the way the next day. I agree your husband is crazy!

Can't wait to read more.

It was a bad year so I'm planning on 2014 being a better one. How can it not be, I'll have a new grandbaby.

I'm not sure I'll do the straight through much longer. We are not as young as we used to be and once he retires we can do some sight seeing down and back. Of course he is crazy so who knows.

You know my feelings about the housekeeper.
I am caught up. Sounds like an easy trip down.
Funny you slept through the woman knocking.

You know my feelings about the housekeeper.
I am caught up. Sounds like an easy trip down.
Funny you slept through the woman knocking.

:wave2: Hi Scott. Yes I do know your feelings about the housekeeper and I agree with them. I just got out voted.

It was an easy trip down. I slept though most of it. :rotfl2:

I was really surprised by that. I guess sleeping all day really makes a person tired at night. Seriously I had no idea Jim had to deal with that til the next morning when he asked me how I slept through it.

Sorry I have been AWOL from my own report. I have been busy getting ready for the holidays and trying to get my photopass pics edited. So let's try and at least get an update going.

Day 2

I was up by 7 AM. I used to be the one who could stay up til 4 and sleep til noon but now, I don't know I like to get up early. Even on vacation I am up by 7 AM. I showered and packed up my things. Jim finally got up from the racket I was making. While he showered I headed down for breakfast. The hotel included breakfast. I had coffee, OJ and eggs to start. Then I had coffee, OJ and a waffle. While eating I was watching the news and learned of Paul Walkers death. So sad. I had been watching him in Varsity Blues all of November on cable. Jim likes the movie and I give in every now and then. When Jim came down to meet me I had more OJ and coffee. He had eggs and OJ. I rarely have OJ at home but for some reason I love it on vacation. :confused3 While Jim ate I headed back up to the room to pack up the rest of our things.

Jim joined me in the room and took the bags to the car. I checked out. While I waited for him I watched the most amusing thing. Two women were trying to load 4 LARGE suitcases, 3 or 4 smaller suitcases and I don't know how many shopping bags in a Camaro. They were having a really hard time and it was funny to watch. Jim pulled up just as they managed to accomplish what they were doing and left. We were headed to the dark side today.

Universal was literally less than 5 minutes away. We got a really great parking place and headed towards the 1st park. Now I like the moving walkways. I know it's the lazy way to go but with my ankle and no ECV this day I wasn't pushing it. What I don't get is that there is a sidewalk for people who don't want to stand still and be transported. Why do the people who want to run use the slow moving walkway? And then they get mad because I am in their way? I finally said something when I was knocked into one time to many. OK rant over. While moving slowly, the parks didn't open til 9 and it was only
8:20 I saw this.

Miniature golf, alien style. I didn't play though. Actually I like miniature golf but no on will play with me because I cheat. I admit it, I really do. One stroke for me, 4 for you. Two strokes for me, 7 for you. I just use fuzzy math.

We walked slowly through City Walk and looked around. Soon we reached our destination

We had about a 15 minute wait for the gates to open. And of course I got in the sl-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-west line. I didn't really care.

Everything was decorated for the holidays.

I got Jim to pose

Our first stop

Now I am embarrassed to admit that I have no clue what these are but my granddaughter did tell me.

As I was showing the pictures to my grandkids my granddaughter said "Look Grandmom, the tables are green eggs!" I missed that too. This was taken from the one ride we went on at Islands of Adventure and it was a kids ride.

The Grinch, I so wanted to meet you. Sadly he wasn't there til after we left for home.

I loved this but we didn't go on.

A directional sign and our destination.

I will leave you here guessing where we went. A hint -it was the sole reason for going to Universal.

Sad about Paul Walker.
I also don’t drink OJ at home but on vacation I do.
Ooh I know where you went. LOL

I've neglected my TR too (but luckily I should have my Photopass CD by end of the week and I can get going again after the holidays).

Love the Universal pictures (we've not been there since 2004).

Wishing you and your family a very

I've neglected my TR too (but luckily I should have my Photopass CD by end of the week and I can get going again after the holidays).

Love the Universal pictures (we've not been there since 2004).

Wishing you and your family a very

I have neglected the report with the holidays and just being a little down. I have also been working on edits to my photpass CD. I like to add every border I can. I don't know why as I have yet to use one as a picture but I am thinking next year that could be my Christmas card.

Thanks about the pics, there will be more to come.

I hope you, Mark an your family have a Merry and Blessed Holiday.

All caught up !! I am looking forward to seeing more of the dark side. We have promised DS that we will go there in April.

Susan

I know I have been AWOL from here but Christmas and life had me busy. I did get to go to the cemetery and say good bye to my aunt. It wasn't quite the same but it did help. I am still trying to resolve some of my other feelings from her death.

I also managed to have a camera break 2 weeks before Christmas. The Geek Squad had it fixed and back to me in 1 week. Two days later it was broke again an the same issue. I love the very inexpensive warranty I decided to get from Best Buy. They replaced the camera with one that is better than my original camera. :cool1:

Day 2 FINALLY CONTINUES

When I left off a year, two year ago. OK maybe just a week ago we had gone through Seuss Landing and Mythos restaurant. Our destination and the reason I even went to Universal at all

The WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER

I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I have read all of the books and seen all of the movies as soon as the were released. I would have stayed at Disney if it weren't for this.

Hogwarts Express

A rare pic of me and it took 4 attempts by Jim to get this one.

Hogwarts.

I do not do many thrill rides and I DON'T do anything that is simulated or turns me upside down so we toured the school. That was enough to make me very happy.

Dumbledore

She will always be the Vicar of Dibley to me

Of course no trip would be complete without trying

We had the frozen version and I have to say it was very good. It does taste a lot like cream soda but that is one of the few sodas I will drink. Jim loved it too. We then wandered around

A "frozen" water something

Honeydukes, we did stop in here to look around

This is one of the favorite combos of pics for my grandkids

Hanging ears

And one final look

We were there very early and the lines were not that bad. I tried to get Jim to go on the Forbidden Journey as I know he would have liked it but he opted to just walk around with me. Of course he has only seen one or two of the movies and really doesn't like them that much. He does understand why I call our grandson Mikey "Dobby" now at least. Mikey is short, skinny and has big hands and feet. He looks like Dobby.

Anyway I really liked walking and looking around.

Up next? I'll let you guess but if you look at a map you might be able to figure it out.

Love your report - can't wait to read more :surfweb:

:welcome: Thanks. I have New Years and my daughters baby shower this week so I may get a little behind again but I hope to get another update done this week end.

I'm joining your trip report. :) Sorry your 2013 was tough but hopefully 2014 will be spectacular!

I'm joining your trip report. :) Sorry your 2013 was tough but hopefully 2014 will be spectacular!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in. 2013 really wasn't one of my better years that's for sure. 2014 can only be better. Then again how can it not be, my daughter is having my 7th grandchild just 20 days into the new year. I can't wait and especially because I want to know if it's a boy or girl. She decided not to find out and the suspense is killing me.

Woohoo on the better camera.
MMM, love Butterbeer.
They really did a great job with Harryland.
Great update and pics.

Woohoo on the better camera.

Not only a better camera more camera than my original. They upgraded me. It's my keep in my pocket camera but better zoom. I may get that elusive heron yet.

MMM, love Butterbeer.

I would go back to Universal just for that. It was good.
They really did a great job with Harryland.

I totally agree. I'm curious to see the next part they were working on.
Great update and pics.

Thanks. May get another update done today. I have to run around for the shower. Life has a way of getting in the way.

Crazy I know but my 4 yr old is terrified of Its A Small World and won't have anything to do with it. Starts whimpering if we even walk by it. She loves so many rides but not that one. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter