• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Italy: Viva Italia Meets Thread

SingingMom, sorry I just saw your question. I didn't do a trip report, but if you have any questions, I would tell you our experience. We did that one 4 years ago, and I think it has changed a little. My girls were 8 and 14 at the time of the trip and they still talk about it. :goodvibes

I would love to do more with Adventures by Disney, but its so expensive (especially the airfare). We are hoping to do Scotland next year, but it all depends on how things go with finances this year. Plus we're also waiting to see if anything new comes out. lol

cindy21494 said:
SingingMom, sorry I just saw your question. I didn't do a trip report, but if you have any questions, I would tell you our experience. We did that one 4 years ago, and I think it has changed a little. My girls were 8 and 14 at the time of the trip and they still talk about it. :goodvibes

I would love to do more with Adventures by Disney, but its so expensive (especially the airfare). We are hoping to do Scotland next year, but it all depends on how things go with finances this year. Plus we're also waiting to see if anything new comes out. lol

Thanks Cindy! We are awaiting some CM friends' schedules to help us make our choice! Germany, Scotland, Amalfi, Ireland......... Decisions, decisions!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Please post here if you would like to talk with anyone else who has signed up to travel to Italy with ABD in 2012/2013.

You can also share information/ask questions about the Italy: Viva Italia ABD.

Please try and keep this thread on topic to discussion and questions about the Italy ABD. Off topic posts will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
Sayhello

Roll Call:
May 9 - 17, 2013 - wdwtheplacetobe & Alacrity
May 16 - 24, 2013 - Disneyfam24 (1 mom and ka (12m))
Jun 30 - Jul 8, 2013 - chanibusti CVO Kim, DH Pradeep, DS7 Deven, DD6 Nora
- Kez250 (Kerry), DH Stephen, DS Ben (11), DD Imogen (10 by the trip)
Jul 28 - Aug 5, 2013 - flagfred, dh, dds (16) & (13)
Aug 11 - 19, 2013 - skaminsk, daughter (7) & ?
Aug 18 - 26, 2013 - cindy2494 (Cindy), DH Don, DD Jess (19) & DD Sabrina (13)

Previous:
Jun 10 - 18, 2012 - Hermi, DH, DS (15) & DD (13)
Jun 28 - Jul 6, 2012 - Jlou, DH, DS(16) & DD(12.99)
Jul 9 17, 2012 - mickeee & family, daughter (11) & son (21)
- mapsd & family, 2 daughters (9 & 11)
- GregThom, wife & 2 daughters (14 & 10)
- Rmmc07 & DD (8)
Oct 7 - 15, 2012 - pandw & husband
and the 12m: m is for male, not months!!

Was just notified by my travel agent today that Disney has changed the Tuscany villa to Villa San Paulo. Looks fine, anyone know anything??

Wow! The rooms look nice and cozy. The villa in Artmino used to be horse stables converted into hotel rooms. Let us know how the drive up to the new villa is. Many got sick with the winding road up and down the previous villa. :)

Skaminsk - we are about to book for August 11-18th to Ital with out 8 (will be 9 by trip) yo daughter! She's our only, so we are also hoping she meets some other kids on this trip!

Hi Lydsmom! It's our first ABD trip, too. Our daughter is our only as well -- I'm so glad there will be another girl close in age. Daughter is 6+ now, will be 7 in August (she's in 1st grade this year, 2nd grade in the fall). The three of us live just outside of DC. I look forward to meeting you.

SayHello -- for the record Aug 11 trip: Skaminsk, wife, daughter (will be 7).

Hi Lydsmom! It's our first ABD trip, too. Our daughter is our only as well -- I'm so glad there will be another girl close in age. Daughter is 6+ now, will be 7 in August (she's in 1st grade this year, 2nd grade in the fall). The three of us live just outside of DC. I look forward to meeting you.

SayHello -- for the record Aug 11 trip: Skaminsk, wife, daughter (will be 7).
I updated the Roll Call with that info! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

We are a family of 3 -- dh, daughter 9 years and myself. It's our first trip to Europe and am looking at dates and possibilities. The post just previous caught my attention because we too would like our 9 year old daughter to have some fun with kids her age. We could do the same week in August. Did you book yet? A little hesitant, but ready, I think! :cheer2:

Hi oLora
Yes, we have just booked. Like you, we wondered if this would work out, but now that we are booked, I am starting to feel good about the decision. we did have a bit of a wait to find out if rooms were available. It seems as if the trip was getting pretty full. They also told me the ages of the other kdis, and it looks like several within the 8-11 year range. So if you are thinking about it, do it now! Good luck!

Hi oLora,

We booked as well. Our daughter may be the youngest on the trip (6 now, turning 7 in May), but she's mature and outgoing, so I hope the 9 year-olds will let her hang with them.

So our trip is a "GO"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still gathering, much to Alacrity's chagrin!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Actually, with ABD's current policy, your trip is a "go" at 70 days. :) But congrats at 47 days to go! It's close! You should be getting your box soon!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter