Items for homeless backpack from dollar store?

Hisgirl

DIS Veteran
Our city has a lot of folks in unfortunate situations and I like to hand out a back pack filled with useful items.

Some things I've gotten in the past: sunglasses, crackers, peanut butter, water, socks, paper, pen, cards, soap, toothbrush/paste.

Can you suggest some useful items I can put in my next backpack? I was thinking boxer shorts?

sunscreen, ballcap or some kind of hat that provides shade/on the flip side a knit cap and gloves for colder months, chapstick or lip balm, washrags, handtowels, travel container for toothbrush, flushable wipes.

I honestly commend you for what you are doing. I've been in positions where I worked 3 jobs and couldn't afford more than rent and utilities. Bare minimum of food was a luxury.

If you can find foil blankets, those might be helpful, though I'm not sure if you can find them at the dollar store or similar. A comb or hairbrush would be useful as well.

There is huge demand here for personal care products Generally in smaller containers, like travel sizes.

Thank you so much for doing this! God willing when I have recovered from feet isdues and am able to get out again, I will make a backpack for someone too and share the idea with my church. I agree with all the previous suggestions. I would add a notebook and pen. Perhaps a puzzle book, reading book, or Bible. Paper plates, cups, and napkins to go with plasticware and wipes/kleenex. One last idea for now is a first aid kit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter