Itinerary with 2 yo DS

Dana_Buckley

Mouseketeer
I can't believe I am doing this! When I first started reading these boards, I thought submitting your itinerary for critique was fanatical, but here I am. DH & I haven't been in over 15 yrs, we are taking our son 2yr & 4mo, we are leaving 5/30 for a few days at Daytona Beach first, then driving to WDW Sunday afternoon during DS naptime. We are staying at Poly Concierge 6/2 - 6/8 (Mon-Fri at parks) So, here we go:

Sun:
4pm check-in Poly, maybe swim
6pm ressies O'Hana
Light show on Lagoon (I forget what it's called)
Mon:
Magic Kingdom rope drop
12:05 Cindy's (still hoping concierge gets us in for bkfst)
2-ish back to hotel, nap, swim
5-ish snacks in lounge, back to MK
Tues:
8:45am ressies Chef Mickey
Epcot rope drop maybe (doesn't open til 10)
2-ish hotel, nap
4-ish MGM (is 1 eve. enough time here?)
Wed:
sleep in
10-ish Blizzard Beach
2-ish hotel, nap
5-ish Epcot World Shocase
6:30 ressies Teppanyaki (my bday)
Thur:
AK rope drop
2-ish hotel, nap, swim
5-ish snacks in lounge, back to MK
Fri:
MK rope drop (still hoping for Cindy's bkfst)
2-ish back to hotel, nap, swim
Not sure yet, may try dinner at Park Fare or Chef Mickey's again
Sat:
Flight 10:30am

Thanks for any advice!

Hi Dana! My only comments would be:

1) You might want to spend more time at MGM. Arriving at 4:00 doesn't give you time to ride much, and many of the attractions are long, such as the Backlot Tour and Animation Tour. With a 2-year-old you'll probably want to do the Playhouse Disney show and Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and there is no way you can do those shows arriving so late in the day.

2) Unless you and your husband really want to do a water park, they are a waste of time with a little one, really. He'll have just as much fun splashing around in your resort pool. :)

Have a great trip, and enjoy your birthday! :)

I would say to definitely see the Playhouse Disney show at MGM. We saw it when it was Bear in the Big Blue House(when our DS was 15 mos) and he loved it. Now that he is 2yrs3 months he likes all the other shows too, and I will definitely make sure that we see this one in Oct. He was also wide-eyed at the Lion King show at AK, and of course, It's a Small World in MK, and the Pooh ride was a big hit as well.

I would love it if you posted when you returned to let us know what he liked and didn't like!

Have fun!

Jennifer

Just got back today! My ds is 2 and I can't stress enough the value of a NAP! A couple days we only had time for a one hour rest and that was still great! dd and dh would swim while ds and I would either nap or just watch TV and rest. We got HOURS AND HOURS more fun out of the trip!

One day in particular last week: AK day! HOT and ds was moody! We got back to CSR late afternoon. ds napped 2 hours from about 4pm. I figured the night was SHOT! But when ds woke up about 6pm, dh said, "LET'S GO TO EPCOT FOR DINNER ONLY!" It was the best idea! We didn't plan on Epcot that night and there was no pressure to visit attractions, it was just dinner! The whole family had a blast! We all picked something from 4 countries (4 in the family) and shared from the counter services! It was GREAT!

NAP NAP NAP! You will get lovely surprises from the deal! Sandra

Thank you all for your advice. I think I will switch BB morning for MGM, then maybe go to BB in the afternoon, like 3 or 4pm one day, if we are up to it. I think 2 hours at BB for DS will be plenty.
Thanks again. Anymore input is greatly appreciated!

My DD loved the Beauty and the Beast show in MGM, we loved it too. Epcot , don't forget the KidCot stops in all the World Showcase countries your 2 year old will enjoy this , and the Tapestry parade in Epcot is our families favorite and is on our list of Must Do for every trip. Also the Lion King show in Animal Kingdom, and of course all of Magic Kingdom especially Fantasyland.

Kidcot stops are art stations in all the countries where the kids get to make a mask with something new added to represent each country. There is a "Dream Star" on each mask and at the parade you pop out the center of it (dime size) and put it in the Dreamcatchers basket.

I have to agree - your son will love to go to Playhouse Disney at MGM. It was the hit of our 2 yr old DS's first trip to WDW. He also loved/loves the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground as well as the playground in Dinoland at AK. The things he enjoyed most were the little things as opposed to our plans for shows and rides. DH and I kept telling eachother that Disney needs to spend more money on playgrounds - seemed to be a biggest deal to the little ones! The other thing my DS remembers most is going to the Crystal Palace to meet Tigger, Pooh, Piglet and Eeyore! (just a thought if you can't get into the Castle) He insists that we can't miss it and had no interest in Cindy's breakfast at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter