it's 3 in the morning and i can't stop coughing...

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
i'm down here in the basement so i won't wake up DH....
every time i think i have this cough under control, i try going to bed and boom -cough cough cough...
and even sitting here in front of the computer, i keep going into coughing fits....

i HATE this.....and i want to go to sleep.....it's late.....or actually it's already early....almost time to get up...:eek:

I hate this feeling.
I went through the same thing beginning of March.

Do you know if you have the flu? Did you have a fever?

if so...TheraFlu worked really well for me when I had the cough associated wtih the latest strand of flu. Other than that - NyQuil, VICKS and Cloraseptic. Hot Tea. Tylenol. IN that order.

:grouphug: Sorry your sick. :guilty:

I cant sleep either - it is 1.30am here :goodvibes

Sorry to hear about your cough - I had the flu in March and couldnt stop coughing. A warm drink would settle it for a while

Hope you feel better soon and get some sleep :hug:

I hate this feeling.
I went through the same thing beginning of March.

Do you know if you have the flu? Did you have a fever?

if so...TheraFlu worked really well for me when I had the cough associated wtih the latest strand of flu. Other than that - NyQuil, VICKS and Cloraseptic. Hot Tea. Tylenol. IN that order.

:grouphug: Sorry your sick. :guilty:

it's a cold...about the 5th cold i've had since jan. 1st....
i'm drinking hot tea....
i tried onions and honey, which sometimes works for me, but isn't this time around..

maybe a boring movie on cable willl do the trick....

I cant sleep either - it is 1.30am here :goodvibes

Sorry to hear about your cough - I had the flu in March and couldnt stop coughing. A warm drink would settle it for a while

Hope you feel better soon and get some sleep :hug:

i hope you manage to sleep soon....

I know exactly how you feel, I've been coughing like crazy since the weekend. I've been banished to the sofa bed for the past three nights. My DD had the same thing early last week and decided to share it with me. DD is doing much better now, so there is hope for me yet, but got very little sleep the past three nights.

I hope you start feeling better real soon. :hug:

Sometimes a little humidifier works for DW - a little moisture in the air. She was coughing like crazy earlier, and found that it was a sinus infection that had hung on. The doctor prescribed another round of Zipac (sp?) and that seems to have helped. I favor a good g&t myself. It puts me to sleep.

Hope you feel better soon, or at least get some sleep.

I'm back to working nights now, so just know you are not alone in being awake at an ungodly hour. I'm there with you.

I know exactly how you feel, I've been coughing like crazy since the weekend. I've been banished to the sofa bed for the past three nights. My DD had the same thing early last week and decided to share it with me. DD is doing much better now, so there is hope for me yet, but got very little sleep the past three nights.

I hope you start feeling better real soon. :hug:

so how did i manage to catch it from your DD???????????
well i'm glad to hear there's hope.....
the cough is even worse today....but i'm working....'lucky' i work from home so no collegues are at risk (unless it somehow spreads by way of mobile phone microwaves..)

Sometimes a little humidifier works for DW - a little moisture in the air. She was coughing like crazy earlier, and found that it was a sinus infection that had hung on. The doctor prescribed another round of Zipac (sp?) and that seems to have helped. I favor a good g&t myself. It puts me to sleep.

Hope you feel better soon, or at least get some sleep.

humidifier's a really good idea....i'll try that...

a good shot of whisky was my next thought...

I'm back to working nights now, so just know you are not alone in being awake at an ungodly hour. I'm there with you.

i finally got to sleep right after i posted this....i managed to sleep for 5 hours, which is great....but the moment i woke up....cough cough cough cough cough....so it's not looking good for tonight.. :sick:

My DD brought the germs home from school, seems a lot of this illness is going around.

I have a sinus infection now too....they gave me Avalox yesterday and it is finally doing the trick.....I had 2 Z-packs too.....NO luck with them

Some people hate the taste, but I swear by Fisherman's Friend cough drops. For me, they really work great.

If it's what me, my DH and DD5 had last week, then i'm sorry and hope you feel better quickly:sick:

We had insane coughing fits and got pretty much no sleep for almost a whole week. I had to sleep with 5 pillows cause I couldn't lay any further down than a 45 degree angle... stunk

My regimen was shower soothers right before I went to bed, a humidifier w/ vicks vapor next to my bed, propped up on my pillows and a therepuetic dose of Tylenol PM or a glass of wine:worship:

Hope you feel better soon!!:hug:

If it's what me, my DH and DD5 had last week, then i'm sorry and hope you feel better quickly:sick:

We had insane coughing fits and got pretty much no sleep for almost a whole week. I had to sleep with 5 pillows cause I couldn't lay any further down than a 45 degree angle... stunk

My regimen was shower soothers right before I went to bed, a humidifier w/ vicks vapor next to my bed, propped up on my pillows and a therepuetic dose of Tylenol PM or a glass of wine:worship:

Hope you feel better soon!!:hug:

i'm still sick and still coughing..
after almost 2 weeks, i finally went to the doctor yesterday...
though i was sure he couldn't do much for it, since i figured it was a virus..

well i was very surprised when he gave me antibiotics....

i do feel a bit better today....though i'm still coughing pretty badly...just not as badly as two days ago..

DS came home from his base with exactly the same thing...he's been away for 2 weeks and is coughing like crazy..

and DD came home tonight with just the beginnings of a bad cough (not good for her, if she has to cancel her performances....)

so where's summer? we need to get rid of all this sickness....

i finally started on the hard stuff - codiene....it mostly works....
haven't taken it since i was a little kid...
kind of an interesting buzz....i slept all afternoon -like someone hit me over the head...

2 weeks is long enough for a cold....but i don't think the end is yet in sight..

my doctor said as long as we have sandstorm conditions, i'm not going to really get any better..

the weatherwoman just said the incoming sand will only end on wednesday...
(she actually said, finally on wednesday everyone will be able to breathe again)...
can i last until then?

Little late to the game here, but for anyone suffering ...

I just got over influenza, which I haven't had in about 12 years. Three days of it was me lying in my bed and wishing for death. The coughing was painful and relentless.

Mucinex DM (and they have it in maximum strength) is the only thing that saved me. The guafenesin in it thins out the mucus (TMI, I know) and makes it so much easier to breathe. It also has the cough suppressant. Every pharmacist I've ever asked has recommended this to me.

I took that along with Advil PM for the aches, and I slathered a huge layer of Vicks on my chest. It saved me! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter