"It's an adventure" Pre-trip report

wickesy

<font color=royalblue>Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love y
Cast
Me: David – 35 – Planner
Dad: Ray – 60 – Bank Roll :thumbsup2

Dad and I first went to WDW in September 1992. I had always wanted to go to WDW and when I turned 21 I was due to come into some money left to me by my Nan. I decided to use the money for a holiday to WDW and to save me having to pay the single room supplement my Dad decided he would come with me. Mum didn’t fancy America at all and as she didn’t like flying she decided to go to Scotland on her own. That led to Scotland becoming her “Walt Disney World” and she took a holiday to Scotland at least once a year every year from then until she died in 2004.

I loved the trip and Dad admitted that he had enjoyed it as well. We persuaded Mum that she would enjoy it as well and I booked for us all to stay at the Grand Floridian the following year. In the end we cancelled that trip and I bought my first PC instead but I never gave up on the idea of returning to WDW one day.

Finally last year I got into podcasts and in particular Disney podcasts. That led me to DISBoards, listening to audio ridethroughs and finally buying the complete set of “Relive The Magic” DVDs. That was it, I couldn’t put it off any longer and after some online research I found that Virgin had availability for 14 nights in the Contemporary Resort tower for 14 nights just after Easter. A few heavy hints to the bank roll later and we were booked to fly out on 11th April.

Planning started in earnest and in no time at all it was time to make ADRs – Hollywood and Vine, Le Cellier and as we were staying at the Contemporary Resort there was only one place to eat on our last night, California Grill. February came and with that Virgin changed the time of the outgoing flight to 10:45. As we were going to have to be at the airport so early Dad suggested staying overnight near the airport. I didn’t need asking twice and although he suggested the Travelodge I managed to persuade him to splash out the extra and we booked a room at the Sofitel for the night.

So, that’s the back story now onto the main attraction…Day 0

Wonderful to read your wait back to walt disney world. can't wait to see how you both got on as so much has changed since you last went.

Susan

I bet you where so excited to be going back after 15 years!

:)

Jodie

Thanks for giving us the history - can't wait to read more about your trip :)

Thanks for sharing with us, David. I am so looking forward to finding out how you liked WDW 15 years on.

Laur's princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter