It's been 549 days but we are finally home! ~ an August '21 birthday celebration! New PTR link 01/02

Our room was clean and tidy, although you can definitely see that Boulder Ridge is overdue on an update.
Yeah.......I hope it starts soon. I want to try there again but not till they refurb it. BUT the fact that it's attached to WL redeems it!
This turned out to be the best afternoon filled with many laughs, drinks and awesome conversation
:love::love::love: It certainly was a wonderful afternoon! Cannot wait to meet up with you again!!
A special shout out has to go to Ariane's husband, Steve and Jenny's husband, Joe who both went out of their way to include Jack in the conversation and made him feel so welcome. We also were surprised when we went up to pay our bill and found that Ariane and Steve had treated us. It was totally unexpected and so, so thoughtful.
Please it was our pleasure and it was SO nice to meet Jack! I do get sad sometimes when our boys aren't with us and hanging out with Jack made me think of them :)
Jack thoroughly enjoyed the Bison burger and promptly declared it to be one of the best burgers he ever had.
This is Steve's favorite burger on property along with the Three Bridges burger!
Nice! I've yet to meet them.
Someday :thumbsup2

There is no better feeling than turning onto Timberline Drive and seeing the beautiful Wilderness Lodge. This resort has my whole heart and I am so happy I chose it to be my DVC home.
Perfectly said. We aren't DVC owners but the lodge is home nonetheless

The bathroom was functional but SO small and dark. This area needs a major upgrade. I do really love the theming of these rooms though and hope the refresh doesn't make them too bland and IKEAish.
The boulder ridge rooms certainly do look like they are in need of a refurb. We loved the redone rooms in the lodge. Hopefully the rest of the resort will soon be looking like that

This turned out to be the best afternoon filled with many laughs, drinks and awesome conversation. @pepperandchips joined us following her MK day and it was wonderful to hang out with her as well. A special shout out has to go to Ariane's husband, Steve and Jenny's husband, Joe who both went out of their way to include Jack in the conversation and made him feel so welcome.
❤ ❤ ❤ They sure are amazing and welcoming. So glad you all got to enjoy the afternoon with some of my favorite people

ack and I went to grab our suitcases from the car and get settled into our room. We were both feeling a little peckish and decided we would head back to Geyser Point for dinner. After all, why fix what isn't broken!
Yup! We ate here I think 3 times over our short weekend trip there in September. The menu could certainly be expanded a bit but that didn't stop us from devouring just about everything on the menu

Luckily the night redeemed itself by meeting up again with the gang after their dinner and enjoying more drinks (mine were only water by this point, I think they broke me, lol) and conversation. Disney friends are the best friends!
:rotfl: They can certainly hang long into the evening. We will all be together again next month and I fear for my liver

Yay! We've never had to try for the 1 o'clock BG, but I can imagine that's very stressful!
It was but so exciting when we got a group!
We've STILL never been. I can't even cont how many reservations we've cancelled there…it's getting to be a running joke. One of these days!
I'm glad we went but I think I would enjoy it more in non Covid times.
You look adorable, and I think I have that same shirt!
Thank you! I always have my eye out for a cute Chip and Dale shirt. :)
That's surprising since Satuli is so well loved…definitely a notch above regular QS.
I think Jack was just in a mood that day. I really enjoyed my meal. Also he refused to get any of the sauces and then complained his food was bland. :confused3
So pretty! I love your pink dress :lovestruc
Thank you! It's the Aristocats dress from Disney Dress Shoppe. One of my favourites for sure! :)
I've heard good things about this place, but maybe it's just good in a pinch and not somewhere to go out of your way for?
The food was fine but we were disappointed about not being able to have sushi. We should have waited for an outdoor table as it was loud and crowded indoors.
Yum…the look delicious!
So, so good!
Awesome! You look great!
Thank you! Ambrie dresses for the win!
What a fun afternoon! :love:
Couldn't have asked for better!
I love this!! So cute!
Thank you!
That is the absolute best about meeting new DisFriends!
The great thing is you already have something in common so there is lots to talk about.
Yeah.......I hope it starts soon. I want to try there again but not till they refurb it. BUT the fact that it's attached to WL redeems it!
Me too! Honestly, I was pretty upset that they did a soft goods refurb at the Poly and the Grand before starting BR. Our dues have been going up to fund a refurb but there is nothing happening. It was supposed to start in 2020. I know there are a couple of test rooms done and what I have seen looks nice, they just need to get on with it!
:love::love::love: It certainly was a wonderful afternoon! Cannot wait to meet up with you again!!
Same! Jack and I agreed that it was one of the highlights of our trip. Looking forward to the day we overlap again. Or you decide to come and visit the Toronto area!
Please it was our pleasure and it was SO nice to meet Jack! I do get sad sometimes when our boys aren't with us and hanging out with Jack made me think of them :)
You guys are so sweet! And of course, so boy parents who absolutely know how to put young men at their ease. :goodvibes
This is Steve's favorite burger on property along with the Three Bridges burger!
Steve and Jack are burger twins! He loved the Three Bridges burger too.
Perfectly said. We aren't DVC owners but the lodge is home nonetheless
Do you think you might ever buy into DVC? The Lodge is definitely home....my #1 spot on property.
The boulder ridge rooms certainly do look like they are in need of a refurb. We loved the redone rooms in the lodge. Hopefully the rest of the resort will soon be looking like that
Yes, a refurb is well overdue. I know there are test rooms done. They just need to get moving!
❤ ❤ ❤ They sure are amazing and welcoming. So glad you all got to enjoy the afternoon with some of my favorite people
They are awesome, as are you guys. Looking forward to the day we sit down and raise a glass together. :)
Yup! We ate here I think 3 times over our short weekend trip there in September. The menu could certainly be expanded a bit but that didn't stop us from devouring just about everything on the menu
Yup, that was us! Did you try the chicken wings? They were delish! I also really loved the brisket dip and the charcuterie board.
:rotfl: They can certainly hang long into the evening. We will all be together again next month and I fear for my liver
Wouldn't I love to be there with all of you! I am sure many shenanigans will ensue!

We had a lot of fun together with some ups and downs over the course of 8 days. J

Every trip has a bit of both. :)

In fact we were the only people in customs!

That's a major win!

We were both so hungry so decided to head to Jock Lindsay's first for a bite to eat

A PERFECT place to start!

We ordered the delicious queso dip and the adobe chicken taco.

I've had both and LOVED them!!

We were blown away by the stunning lobby in the Gran Destino tower. Simply beautiful!

I think it may be a new favorite resort. It's simply gorgeous!

Perusing the menu , we decided on drinks to start with. We both went with the La Fresa Limonda (Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Puerto de Indias Strawberry Gin, Lemonade). Oh my goodness, this was an incredible cocktail with a nice little kick!

WOW, does that one sure sound great!

I am so in with this beautiful resort!

YES!!

After Buzz, it was time to head for our reservation at Skippers Canteen. We were seated in the main room, next to another table of 8. No spacing here! Unfortunately our service was lackluster and the food the same. We both went for the Belgian Moon shandy and the Perkins Thai Noodles. The noodles were such a small portion...I think Jack had a total of 4 very small pieces of chicken in his

Aw, such a bummer! I've always loved my visits there, but moreso when the CMs are silly. The food's generally been pretty good.

On the way out of the park we were luck to catch the Main Street Philharmonic. They are one of my favourites so this was a nice way to wrap up our MK time.

Aren't they fabulous? I think I love the Dapper Dan's a bit more, but will always stop to watch the Philharmonic.

If you know the resort, you know that is a long walk down endless hallways. If you ever seen "The Shining" that's exactly how I felt about the hallways at the Boardwalk. Our room was clean but drab.

I love the Boardwalk, but as with all Disney resorts these days, they just are dumbing them down more and more.

I made my official photographer take a picture of his happy mother, even though it looks like the rainbow is growing out of my head, lol!

IMG_9041.jpeg

So pretty!!

Sadly despite our best efforts, all groups were gone within 3 seconds!

I've seen them gone in less than that!

Our 20 minute wait ended up being close to 45 minutes.

Weird! Usually, the wait times are shorter than posted.

Jack went for the classic Ronto Wrap while I had the Zucci wrap.

I didn't know there was a zuc option! HUH!!

Imagine our excitement when we secured group 84! Yay! We were high fiving and hugging.....I may or may not have been jumping up and down. This put a whole new spin on our day!

YAY!!!!!

Our CM was brilliantly in character and really made the experience. Plus he gave Jack a whole stash of the coasters to take home which he really appreciated. See, there is pixie dust on Batuu!

The CMs at that attraction honestly, for me, make the whole thing stand out.

One drink at those prices was enough for us, so we meandered across the way to Baseline Tap House. I love, love, love this spot! We waited about 15 minutes for a table and soon ordered up the Charcuterie board, the pretzel and some drinks. Jack went for the Hard Orange cider while I chose the North Coast Scrimshaw Pilsner.
I adore the Tap House. Such yummy stuff there!
We were so excited to head out to Animal Kingdom this morning! It is hands down my favourite park with it's immersive details. I always find something new each time I am there. We had decided against going with the crowds into Pandora and started our morning at Expedition Everest instead.

Oh me too... meeeeee too!

I managed to convince Jack that going to see "Feathered Friends in Flight" would be a good idea. He was initially skeptical but after the show was over, looked at me and said "Mom, the bird show is the best show!" Success!

I will try to catch this show every few trips, and of the many bird shows I've seen here and there, Disney's are definitely the best.

Heading towards World Showcase from the Land, we came across the Noodle Exchange. Jack loves Pho so we decided to stop there. He went for the "Traditional Spicy Vietnamese Beef Pho with Shaved Beef, Enoki Mushrooms, and Thai Basil". I just don't think he realized how spicy it was as he thought the peppers were sweet peppers not the super hot ones! Even with the level of heat, he really enjoyed this dish.

It was a spicy one for sure!

I was still so full from breakfast but we both were craving the delicious Schöfferhofer Wild Cherry Hefeweizen, Mainz. Oh my gosh, I wish I could buy this in the store here. Definitely one of my favourites!

I have NO IDEA this was a thing! Super going to look for that!
. Jack was absolutely blown away by the gorgeous lobby.

Isn't it amazing?!
We headed out to stroll around the resort and meet up with some DisBoard friends at the wonderful Geyser Point. We spied @CruellaNY and @JennySanders already settled in a table and they quickly pulled over extra chairs for us to join in. This turned out to be the best afternoon filled with many laughs, drinks and awesome conversation.

I've wanted to hang with them forever, but it just never seems to work out. I tried this last trip several times. :( Someday.

We did have dinner as well and I went for the fabulous salmon with roasted vegetables and quinoa. This was an absolute steal at $16.00 and so good!
IMG_9151.jpeg
Whoa!! What a perfect meal!! $16.00?!

I love the Ambrie dresses too.....they are so soft and comfy. The only thing I find is that they tend to run a little big. I have two of the skater dresses (world traveller and royal tea) and two swing dresses (alice inspired and cinderella inspired).

I agree, they do run big.

Every trip has a bit of both. :)
Especially when travelling with our adult children!
A PERFECT place to start!
We loved it so much! Awesome food, beverages and ambiance!
I think it may be a new favorite resort. It's simply gorgeous!
I love CSR and would happily stay there again.
WOW, does that one sure sound great!
It was such a fabulous cocktail. Have you been to Three Bridges? Our experience there was outstanding. :)
Aren't they fabulous? I think I love the Dapper Dan's a bit more, but will always stop to watch the Philharmonic.
I love the Dapper Dans a bit more too, especially when they are singing in the middle of Main Street and people are gathered around.
The CMs at that attraction honestly, for me, make the whole thing stand out.
Definitely!
I adore the Tap House. Such yummy stuff there!
It is a hidden gem for sure, we were very impressed!
Oh me too... meeeeee too!
We would tour together so well, we like many of the same things.
I have NO IDEA this was a thing! Super going to look for that!
You would love it!
I've wanted to hang with them forever, but it just never seems to work out. I tried this last trip several times. :( Someday.
Hopefully on your next trip, they are such fun!
Whoa!! What a perfect meal!! $16.00?!
Everything on the GP menu that we tried was excellent and nothing was more than $18.
I agree, they do run big.
Luckily they look cute belted too. I sized down for my second order.

How is this supposed to be a level 1 crowd day?

After a very late and very fun evening, we were happy to sleep in this morning and relax. Touring Plans had Magic Kingdom at a level 1 for today so we thought we pop over there later on in the morning. I mobile ordered breakfast from Roaring Fork and we enjoyed it on the balcony. I love a peaceful start to the day!

Around 10:30 we made our way down to the boat dock and were happy to see the launch making it's way over. Boat transportation is my favourite way to travel at Disney!
IMG_9155.jpeg
Arriving at MK, we were shocked at how many people were there. How could this be a level one day? Wait times were crazy. Did everyone hear it was a low crowd day? We decided to head to the People Mover and assess the situation. Of course this was a 20 minute wait which was not a good sign. I was double masked, wilting in the line and Jack was over it.

IMG_9158.jpeg
We were both tired, hot and frustrated so decided to bail after People Mover. That may have been my shortest MK outing ever! Back at the Lodge, there was only one cure for our blues. If you guessed lunch at Geyser Point, you would be right! We settled in at a table and were joined by some friends. Of the duck variety this time! :)
IMG_9159.jpeg

IMG_9161.jpeg

We decided to start with the Charcuterie board (Handcrafted Cheese and Charcuterie Serves Two) and the Teriyaki Chicken Wings served with Soy, Sesame, and Green Onion. The charcuterie board was great but the chicken wings stole the show. Our server said they were baked first and then flash fried before being dunked in the delicious sauce. They were so good we had to order a second helping. Of course Jack enjoyed his Northwestern Iced Tea while I went with Cascadia Sangria.

65048697184__1FA613E3-6541-4756-8162-F59034A8CF2D.jpeg
The weather turned and a storm was rolling in. We moved our chairs over a bit and enjoyed the changing sky.
IMG_9160.jpeg
As all Florida storms tend to be, the rain was short lived and we were soon treated to a beautiful sky once again.
65048654587__0349458A-C6B2-4BC0-A7CA-BEBD171F38E9.jpeg
Jack decided to head up to the room to chill and watch a movie while I thought I'd do a little Hidden Mickey hunting around the resort as well as a bit of pin trading. I also managed to find the 50th anniversary pin which I was happy to have for my collection.

Plans for this evening were to head to the Boathouse for dinner. In retrospect, I should have cancelled this reservation as neither of us were really all that hungry after our feast at GP that afternoon. Disney Springs was way more crowded than either of us imagined and my nerves were definitely on edge with thoughts of the community transmission rates at that time. Arriving at the Boathouse, we requested a seat on the deck and had a beautiful view. Jack went for a burger and fries and just had a soft drink.
IMG_9167.jpeg

I had the crab cake which was the most uninspired rendition ever. Neither of us were all that thrilled with our meals and felt the whole experience at the Boathouse fell rather flat. We were happy to get out of there and head back to the resort.
IMG_9168.jpeg
Getting out of Disney Springs was a nightmare with the crowds and I pretty much had a panic attack in the parking garage as Jack went up the escalator without checking if I was behind him. Then I couldn't see him anywhere and freaked out. Of course, you don't understand parental panic like that when you are 21 and he made light of how I was feeling. Needless to say it was a quiet drive back to the Lodge! We both decided a drink at the bar and a chance to watch the Electric Water Pageant would put us in a better frame of mind so headed off to GP once again! No wonder they knew us by name by the end of our stay, lol!

IMG_9173.jpeg
Much happier and relaxed now, we enjoyed the beautiful evening and talked over the day. Jack was feeling "Disneyed out" and wanted a chill day the next day while I felt some solo park time was calling my name. That's next!

Touring Plans had Magic Kingdom at a level 1 for today so we thought we pop over there later on in the morning.
Cue ominous music...
I mobile ordered breakfast from Roaring Fork and we enjoyed it on the balcony.
What a great idea! Must remember this.
Really like this shot. :)
Arriving at MK, we were shocked at how many people were there. How could this be a level one day? Wait times were crazy. Did everyone hear it was a low crowd day?
I think most didn't get the memo.

Actually... maybe most did... so changed their plans and went to MK instead!
We were both tired, hot and frustrated so decided to bail after People Mover. That may have been my shortest MK outing ever!
Heh.
"So we went all the way to MK, rode People Mover and left."
Nah... No one would believe that.
We decided to start with the Charcuterie board (Handcrafted Cheese and Charcuterie Serves Two) and the Teriyaki Chicken Wings served with Soy, Sesame, and Green Onion.
Sounds good. Wings looked good.
I also managed to find the 50th anniversary pin which I was happy to have for my collection.
Nice. :)
That meal looks good. Too bad it wasn't as good as it looked.
I had the crab cake which was the most uninspired rendition ever.
Really? That's too bad. :(
Neither of us were all that thrilled with our meals and felt the whole experience at the Boathouse fell rather flat.
Unfortunate. I've heard good things about it.
Getting out of Disney Springs was a nightmare with the crowds and I pretty much had a panic attack in the parking garage as Jack went up the escalator without checking if I was behind him. Then I couldn't see him anywhere and freaked out.
Oh dear. :scared:
Of course, you don't understand parental panic like that when you are 21 and he made light of how I was feeling.
Oh, I'm sure that helped... :sad2:
We both decided a drink at the bar and a chance to watch the Electric Water Pageant would put us in a better frame of mind so headed off to GP once again! No wonder they knew us by name by the end of our stay, lol!
:laughing:
IMG_9173.jpeg

Much happier and relaxed now,
::yes::

I'm sorry that MK was more crowded than expected...wonder what happened? That afternoon charcuterie and wings sounded amazing though. Also too bad DS was so busy - I would be having a panic attack too. Glad you made it out of there and got to enjoy some drinks and a relaxing evening after!

GP looks like such a wonderful place to sit and relax. It sure doesn’t hurt that the food and drinks are really good 😊
It is interesting how busy it was for you in August and how quiet it was for us at the end of the month!

Cue ominous music...
Right???? As soon as the launch pulled up and we saw the people pouring off the ferry, we knew we were in trouble!
What a great idea! Must remember this.
Such an easy way to have a relaxing brekkie!
Really like this shot. :)
Thank you!
Heh.
"So we went all the way to MK, rode People Mover and left."
Nah... No one would believe that.
Unless you are a diehard Disney geek like most of us here..... :)
Sounds good. Wings looked good.
Those were the best wings I ever had. Ever.
That meal looks good. Too bad it wasn't as good as it looked.
It was a perfectly ok burger, I just think Jack didn't have the appetite to really enjoy it.
Really? That's too bad. :(
I couldn't even finish the crab cake. And I love crab cakes. The coleslaw was so gross I took one bite and left the rest.
Unfortunate. I've heard good things about it.
Maybe it was an off night? And you know how some servers can be when you are not ordering drinks or more expensive items. It felt as though she thought we weren't worth bothering with.
Oh, I'm sure that helped... :sad2:
So helpful.....sometimes adult children don't act very adult!
I'm sorry that MK was more crowded than expected...wonder what happened? That afternoon charcuterie and wings sounded amazing though. Also too bad DS was so busy - I would be having a panic attack too. Glad you made it out of there and got to enjoy some drinks and a relaxing evening after!
The crowds at DS were too much for us for sure. We were so happy to be back in the calm loveliness of GP. :)
GP looks like such a wonderful place to sit and relax. It sure doesn’t hurt that the food and drinks are really good 😊
It is interesting how busy it was for you in August and how quiet it was for us at the end of the month!
GP is definitely the best! I think it was so busy when we were there as it was the week before Florida schools were going back. Next year I'll be back to my end of August trips.

Right???? As soon as the launch pulled up and we saw the people pouring off the ferry, we knew we were in trouble!
:scared:
Unless you are a diehard Disney geek like most of us here..... :)
Very true! :laughing:
Those were the best wings I ever had. Ever.
Whoa! High praise.
I couldn't even finish the crab cake. And I love crab cakes. The coleslaw was so gross I took one bite and left the rest.
:sad2:
Did you say anything? I find most of us (disers) don't.
Maybe it was an off night? And you know how some servers can be when you are not ordering drinks or more expensive items. It felt as though she thought we weren't worth bothering with.
That's no excuse... but I know it happens.

I actually enjoy when that happens... in a way. I don't enjoy that it's happening to me at the time, but... I consider myself a pretty good tipper (usually about 25% or more) but if I'm treated poorly... it's not me that's losing money.
So helpful.....sometimes adult children don't act very adult!
I hear you!

Of course, you don't understand parental panic like that when you are 21 and he made light of how I was feeling. Needless to say it was a quiet drive back to the Lodge! We both decided a drink at the bar and a chance to watch the Electric Water Pageant would put us in a better frame of mind so headed off to GP once again! No wonder they knew us by name by the end of our stay, lol!
Sorry you were feeling uncomfortable with some of the crowds. It is really what has had us wait so long. But now the parks are more crowded!

At least you had a great place to eat and relax back at your resort. And that boat is the best way to get to the park!

Do you think you might ever buy into DVC? The Lodge is definitely home....my #1 spot on property.
I don't think so. I've done the math and the military rates are usually so good I don't think its worth it. Plus if all goes accordingly to plan retirement is on the 10 year horizon and Orlando is one of the places we are thinking about.

Yup, that was us! Did you try the chicken wings? They were delish! I also really loved the brisket dip and the charcuterie board.
We did. I remember they were really crispy but I was missing some heat.

Boat transportation is my favourite way to travel at Disney!
IMG_9155.jpeg
Beautiful picture!

Arriving at MK, we were shocked at how many people were there. How could this be a level one day? Wait times were crazy. Did everyone hear it was a low crowd day?
That is crazy. I've generally found Touring Plans to be pretty accurate (and love their lines app) but I guess they do have off days

Disney Springs was way more crowded than either of us imagined and my nerves were definitely on edge with thoughts of the community transmission rates at that time.
We used to avoid Disney Springs on Fridays and Saturdays because they were so crowded but I think everyday is crowded these days. Couple in covid and I can see why your nerves were on edge.

In September we were in Uniqlo waiting to check out and they asked the lady behind me to either put on a mask or leave. I appreciated that they did that but she put on quite the show screaming how Governor Desantis has told her her rights and she didn't have to put on a mask. She threw down her stuff and stormed out. Me and several others applauded :rotfl:

I had the crab cake which was the most uninspired rendition ever. Neither of us were all that thrilled with our meals and felt the whole experience at the Boathouse fell rather flat.
We are in the same "boat" on Boathouse. Though speaking of crab cakes we were up in Baltimore last month and had what Jason declared as the best crab cake he'd ever had out. Of course we were in Baltimore so one would expect that, but far cry from the Boathouse

We both decided a drink at the bar and a chance to watch the Electric Water Pageant would put us in a better frame of mind so headed off to GP once again! No wonder they knew us by name by the end of our stay, lol!
What a perfect way to end the evening!

Sorry MK was just too crowded for you guys. THat's my least favorite park to be in when it's crowded as there's just so little seating or stuff to do other than rides. And if the lines are long, all you're doing is standing in them.

Well, that stink about the Boathouse. :( I"ve always had pretty terrific meals there. The firecracker shrimp are bomb!!

I adore a good rainstorm from a Disney porch or outdoor area. Just lovely!

So sorry to hear MK was overly crowded, as was Disney Springs. Sometimes, I watch vlogs and see the crowds in the parks and become uncomfortable, so I imagine it was much more stressful being there in person.

Man, I have never been to Geyser Point (or WL....:sad2:) but hearing how much you and Jack enjoyed it, I really want to make my way over there the next time I'm back at WDW! It sounds so relaxing and peaceful.

oat transportation is my favourite way to travel at Disney!
Mine too! And interestingly enough buses are my 2nd favorite followed by monorail and skyliner.
Neither of us were all that thrilled with our meals and felt the whole experience at the Boathouse fell rather flat.
Aw that's too bad. I've eaten there twice and once was back in 2017 and then again for Thanksgiving 2020. I did enjoy it- had the same thing both times- and the family was with me the 2nd time but it's not somewhere we rush to return to.
so headed off to GP once again! No wonder they knew us by name by the end of our stay, lol!
LOL but that's one of the great things about Geyser Point! All the servers there are wonderful :)

Did you say anything? I find most of us (disers) don't.
I didn't. I chalked it up to ordering wrong and being full from our afternoon meal. Plus I didn't want to make a big fuss.
That's no excuse... but I know it happens.

I actually enjoy when that happens... in a way. I don't enjoy that it's happening to me at the time, but... I consider myself a pretty good tipper (usually about 25% or more) but if I'm treated poorly... it's not me that's losing money.
I am the same way. I will tip 25% or more when service is excellent but if service is bad then my tip goes down accordingly.
Sorry you were feeling uncomfortable with some of the crowds. It is really what has had us wait so long. But now the parks are more crowded!
I know! It's been so hard. Plus the testing requirements for us to return to Canada were another stress. We had to have a negative test (PCR/NAAT) 72 hours before our flights in order to be allowed on the plane!
At least you had a great place to eat and relax back at your resort. And that boat is the best way to get to the park!
Geyser Point saved us! We love it there so much. :)
I don't think so. I've done the math and the military rates are usually so good I don't think its worth it. Plus if all goes accordingly to plan retirement is on the 10 year horizon and Orlando is one of the places we are thinking about.
Sweet! Bill has about another 2 years and I have 4 more school years after this one. The Orlando area is high on our list for part of the year. We are allowed to be in the US for six months at a time so that should cover most of the nasty weather here!
We did. I remember they were really crispy but I was missing some heat.
The teriyaki sauce was definitely on the sweeter side but they really hit the spot.
Beautiful picture!
Thank you!
That is crazy. I've generally found Touring Plans to be pretty accurate (and love their lines app) but I guess they do have off days
I usually find them so accurate as well. Love the Lines app too! This day was definitely an off day.
We used to avoid Disney Springs on Fridays and Saturdays because they were so crowded but I think everyday is crowded these days. Couple in covid and I can see why your nerves were on edge.
I think the thought of having to go and get tested the next day was weighing heavily on me too. I was so nervous that we would test positive and not be able to fly home.
In September we were in Uniqlo waiting to check out and they asked the lady behind me to either put on a mask or leave. I appreciated that they did that but she put on quite the show screaming how Governor Desantis has told her her rights and she didn't have to put on a mask. She threw down her stuff and stormed out. Me and several others applauded :rotfl:
Some people! Did she not realize she was on private property? I would have applauded too!
We are in the same "boat" on Boathouse. Though speaking of crab cakes we were up in Baltimore last month and had what Jason declared as the best crab cake he'd ever had out. Of course we were in Baltimore so one would expect that, but far cry from the Boathouse
Maryland crab is supposed to be really good. I am so picky about seafood as I typically only eat it in the summer at the cottage. Nothing better than PEI seafood!
Well, that stink about the Boathouse. :( I"ve always had pretty terrific meals there. The firecracker shrimp are bomb!!
We could have just ordered wrong. With so many other awesome restaurants to choose from in DS, I am not in a big hurry to go back.
I adore a good rainstorm from a Disney porch or outdoor area. Just lovely!
Same! It was perfect. :)
So sorry to hear MK was overly crowded, as was Disney Springs. Sometimes, I watch vlogs and see the crowds in the parks and become uncomfortable, so I imagine it was much more stressful being there in person.
It was so nutty. I didn't feel so stressed at the parks but DS was a whole other story.
Man, I have never been to Geyser Point (or WL....:sad2:) but hearing how much you and Jack enjoyed it, I really want to make my way over there the next time I'm back at WDW! It sounds so relaxing and peaceful.
You should definitely go! They have great options for littles too and I think Evie and Landon would really like the Hidden Mickey hunting around the resort. It's a lot of fun!

Last edited:
Aw that's too bad. I've eaten there twice and once was back in 2017 and then again for Thanksgiving 2020. I did enjoy it- had the same thing both times- and the family was with me the 2nd time but it's not somewhere we rush to return to.
With so many options in DS, I am not in a hurry to go back to the Boathouse.
LOL but that's one of the great things about Geyser Point! All the servers there are wonderful :)
Right??? Such a great spot! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter